Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring HomeSeer 3 way switches - solved !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring HomeSeer 3 way switches - solved !!!!

I concur, you definitely CANNOT just go one-for-one with the existing wires from the switches, but your method is essentially what I used.

A Digital Multimeter with continuity testing is very helpful to find which wires connect to find your travellers.

One additional thing I found that I wanted to mention to other people, if you happen to have multiple circuits in the same box, you have to make sure the neutral you pick up is from the circuit for the dimmer/switch you are trying to control with the Auxiliary switch.
    That may sound like a preposterous idea, but if you are in a central stairway, you often have your 3-way or 4-way switches that are controlling lights on different floors, so those will often be in different circuits (and in our case, different panels).

Comment

HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches 3-way/4-way

It sounds like your wiring is like the following image? This appears to be a pretty standard method of wiring. Can you confirm.

My 2017 built home is wired as such and I'm trying to figure out how to use HomeSeer WD and WS in 3-way and 4-way applications.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X