HomeSeer Publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update #6

I've talked with the show producer again. They plan to film from 10:30am to 8:30pm on April 1st. They'll start off shooting footage of the exterior, then they will sit down with me for a 1/2 hour interview on why I live where I live.

The next filming segment will take a long time and will move from area to area in the loft with me describing my favorite things in the house. They will shoot a segment on home automation at this time. I'm going to have to script this piece out ahead of time.

At 3:00, they will do an interview with my designer.

At 4:00, may daughter will arrive and they plan to film us doing something (I've got to come up with some activity here that will involve HA...like using a recipe through WebLobby off the Airpanel in the kitchen)

At 7:00, they will film a party in my place (about 50 people). They're going to want to film the setup - how I transform the place for party mode - and that will surely involve HA.

I'm starting to panic!

Comment

so, it sounds like we should plan to arrive 7-7:30?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger
        so, it sounds like we should plan to arrive 7-7:30?
        But of course - with a caveat - could you make that TODAY instead of the 1st?

Since you kinda brought it up, aren't there any HomeSeer/MainLobby gurus in Austin? Surely there must be one or two.

Comment

Starting to Panic?

Looks like you have everything under control now! Your last few posts did not have any refrences to, "I dont know how to xxxx" I wish I could get xxxx working" ect.

They're going to want to film the setup - how I transform the place for party mode
          This one could REALLY throw them on their ear! Hahahah Everything is now in position, they get all the camera's rolling, lights set up, quiet on the set, And ACTION! as you walk over and push one button. hahahahaha

Just a thought here.....Now that you have the door camera in place, and lots of guests planned for the party, to make sure that when someone is at the door, it shows up on the monitor(s). Overemphasize, (just a bit), that when someone is at the door, The first place you look is to the monitor to see who it is. As most people would just go blindly to the door and either open it or look through a peep hole before they know who's at the door.
          Visit My Home Seer Site at:
          www.JohnWPB.com
          Created with LCARS

Comment

One word of caution - it's caught me a couple of times. I've set HS up to handle motion activity and "do" things. During testing all works fine - a problem arises when there's a crowd. It sometimes can get overwhelming. I would suggest some volume testing around those areas that might cause problems at the party.

Comment

GOOD point!

Thats a VERY good point Jeff! A motion sensor is great with a couple people, but if you have a few motion sensors, and a LOT of people, it can seriously cause a bottleneck on the power lines causing other more important x10 signals NOT to get through.
              www.JohnWPB.com
              Created with LCARS

Comment

mls to jpg

Little help...

Can't figure out how to convert a ML mls file to jpg. Wanted to post something for feedback....

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger
                  One word of caution - it's caught me a couple of times. I've set HS up to handle motion activity and "do" things. During testing all works fine - a problem arises when there's a crowd. It sometimes can get overwhelming. I would suggest some volume testing around those areas that might cause problems at the party.
                  Fortunately, I'm not using any motion sensors at this time.

Speaking of motion sensors...

After I recently installed the W800, I was still not able to use a motion sensor for snail mail alerts. I still don't know if it was related to the metal mailbox (15 ft from the door) or if I've encountered a range issue since I can't get the antenna high enough. I'm limited to the 13 ft ceilings in my loft - no attic. Range would only extend about 3 feet from the door.

Comment

Originally posted by johnwpb
                    Looks like you have everything under control now! Your last few posts did not have any refrences to, "I dont know how to xxxx" I wish I could get xxxx working" ect.
                    Oh, please. You give me too much credit.

I thought I'd already worn out my welcome.

But since you asked, I'll let it rip and see what happens:

1) Door bell rings, need music to reset to a low volume and an alert sent to ML clients. HomeSeer is on Machine A, Music (MusicLobby, J River) is on Machine B. Doorbell's a device on HomeSeer.

2) Phone rings, need music reset to a low volume. Same as above. HSPhone operational.

3) HSphone call alerts to ML. I have seen how this works with ML CallerID (thanks Krumpy) but since I've moved the "good" modem over to the HomeSeer machine, I need a sexy output to ML from HomeSeer

That's a couple of the things "not working." And keep in mind, I'm not a scripter.

Diligent, but I'm just not skilled in this regard.

Comment

Marge, I don't think it's a range issue with the W800. I think it's because the motion sensor is in a metal box....
                      Martin Custer

Comment

ML Front Page

Open for all critiques.

Can anyone supply a HomeSeer logo without the white backdrop that I currently have? Also, can anyone supply a MainLobby logo?

Thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Post that image and I can save it as a transparent gif and let you try it.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Transparent HS logo.

I figgured I better chime in, I am almost done with a transparent HI-Res version. Rupp, I tried to make the one you used transparent, but it looked really bad, as the blending they used messes the edges up, even after using the select/smmth 2pixels in Photoshop. After a bit of googling I determined the font used is called "Handel" and the cheapest I found it for was $35.00. One site, however was kind enough to show a sample with supplied text They only offered it in standard format, so I had to manually italasize it.

I had to draw the cog/gear by hand, what a pain! I hope this helps you out.

There are 3 logo's in the zip file, a white, black, and blue one, if you have a certain color that your designer has approved (hehehehe) email me a small patch of it, and I can do it in that color for you.

HST: I hope I am not stepping on any toe's here, it is YOUR logo, just made transparent for the sake of some free advertising If It is an infringement, please remove this post.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by johnwpb; March 17, 2005, 10:11 PM.
                            www.JohnWPB.com
                            Created with LCARS

Comment

Mwhistle,
                              There is a Cinemar logo in the MainLobby Logos library.

Add a button to the stage, go into Edit mode. Click the button and the Edit panel will appear. Click on the right side on the Library drop down. Select Logos. Select Cinemar. Switch to Design. Click and drag the logo where you want it. Save the Scene.

Comment

snail mail alert

Don't forget a DS10A door/window sensor will work (with the wgl800) as a snail mail alert as well !

Depending on the size of your mailbox you could maybe mount the DS10A main unit to the bottom or another unseen part of your mailbox.

Good luck.................
                                Neil
                                Newmarket Ontario

Comment

Working...
                                X