No announcement yet.

New SqueezeBox Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am missing something on the install... The squeezecenter side went OK but when I extract the Homeseer files to D:\program files (default location on a Hometroller) aand stop and restart Homeseer, I don't get anything in the Interfaces tab. Did I extract to the wrong location?

Comment

The plugin created a "Homeseer 2" directory structure that looks similiar to what I see in the "Homeseer HS2" directory that Homeseer runs from. Should I manually copy files from "Homeseer 2" to the same location in "Homeseer HS2" ?

Comment

Homeseer 2 has been the folder name on my machine for years.... It most likely depends on what flavor of HS you are running...

Comment

Originally posted by johnoc View Post
          Homeseer 2 has been the folder name on my machine for years.... It most likely depends on what flavor of HS you are running...
          I have a Hometroller 2 so the default is D:\program files\ Homeseer HS2

I don't know enough about Homeseer to know if non-Hometroller versions use a different directory name but that is what I was guessing after seeing what the plugin created. I also don't know how plugins work or where the files for them usually reside but it seems like a manual copy from the Homeseer 2 directory that was created to the same locations in the Homeseer HS2 directory should accomplish what the plugin installation directions were aiming for.

Comment

Very excited about this plugin!

Will it work with V7.0 of SC, installed on a Linux machine with HS installed on another machine. (HS is on my Hometroller 2 and SqueezeCenter is on my Thecus N5200 Pro)? I'm waiting for 7.3 to be released, which is when a non-beta version of the N5200 build is due to be released, which is why I'm still on V7

EDIT: Just read the instructions and see that i need SC7.2+, guess I'll have to wait or upgrade earlier tan planned
            Last edited by jrfuda; December 11, 2008, 12:23 PM. Reason: Added info
            John
            Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
            Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
            HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
            Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Play playlist with ui would be ideal!

I tried the send message action, but it doesnt let you set the duration, and it doesnt scroll line 1 and line 2 if they don't fit on the screen, hence trying the script option.

Thanks for the script sample, I'll try that later.

Comment

I am making progress but not quite there yet. I have the plugin installed and I see all 17 of my music players on the plugin stautus page but only 12 of them got created as devices in Homeseer. How do I get the plugin to create devices for the rest of the players? Do I disable and then re-enable the plugin? Do I delete all the devices and somehow tell the plugin to create everything over again?... Not sure what to try next.

Edit - I tried deleting all the devices and restarting Homeseer. I still only get 12 players. The highest device number is $64... don't housecodes go up to 99?
                Last edited by upstatemike; December 11, 2008, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                  The plugin created a "Homeseer 2" directory structure that looks similiar to what I see in the "Homeseer HS2" directory that Homeseer runs from. Should I manually copy files from "Homeseer 2" to the same location in "Homeseer HS2" ?
                  The zip file installation was my quick installer to make it available sooner. The code does not reply on the "Homeseer 2" directory name and you can copy it. I am currently testing an installer that will be using the HS2 updater, making all this easier (except for the manual step to install the SqueezeCenter plugin). This updated version will fix an issue and include additional configurations in the web page.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda View Post
                    Very excited about this plugin!

Will it work with V7.0 of SC, installed on a Linux machine with HS installed on another machine. (HS is on my Hometroller 2 and SqueezeCenter is on my Thecus N5200 Pro)? I'm waiting for 7.3 to be released, which is when a non-beta version of the N5200 build is due to be released, which is why I'm still on V7

EDIT: Just read the instructions and see that i need SC7.2+, guess I'll have to wait or upgrade earlier tan planned
                    If I recall the big change was from SC 6 to 7 and I used SC 7.0 before switching to 7.3. I can check my source control logs over the weekend to see if there is any real compatibility (besides that I cannot really support / test it anymore).

Comment

Originally posted by apluck View Post
                      Play playlist with ui would be ideal!

I tried the send message action, but it doesnt let you set the duration, and it doesnt scroll line 1 and line 2 if they don't fit on the screen, hence trying the script option.

Thanks for the script sample, I'll try that later.
                      If it does not scroll if it does not fit it might be an artifact of the SC command as well but have not checked that. The UI action and API use the same SqueezeCenter CLI command.

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                        I am making progress but not quite there yet. I have the plugin installed and I see all 17 of my music players on the plugin stautus page but only 12 of them got created as devices in Homeseer. How do I get the plugin to create devices for the rest of the players? Do I disable and then re-enable the plugin? Do I delete all the devices and somehow tell the plugin to create everything over again?... Not sure what to try next.

Edit - I tried deleting all the devices and restarting Homeseer. I still only get 12 players. The highest device number is $64... don't housecodes go up to 99?
                        Oops my doing. I somehow set the maximum devices to 64 instead of 99. I will fix that in the next version (most likely via updater).

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                          Oops my doing. I somehow set the maximum devices to 64 instead of 99. I will fix that in the next version (most likely via updater).
                          Cool. That will allow for up to 19 players which will work for me. Have to be ready for SC 7.3 where SC Controllers will show up as players due to the headphone out jack. My 17 players will suddenly be 19 due to my having 2 duets.

Comment

SqueezeCenter Plugin is GREAT!

I tried the plugin with SC 7.0 and could not get the config screen to load, so it's a no-go with SC 7.0, at least the N5200 build.

I wanted the functionality this plugin adds so badly, that I bit the bullet and upgraded to SC 7.3. It was a little painful, but well worth it.

My main reason for wanting the plugin was to be able to controll my Duet Receiver with a standard IR controller. I now can with a few simple events, power on/off, play, pause, stop, skip, next and previous song with the same remote I control the volume of my receiver with. This is Awesome!!! I love the Duet controller, but sometimes it's just easier to use the IR remote, especially once a desired playlist is loaded and all I want to do is skip around without loading a specific song. Reponse is great, just as quick as using the Duet Controller (which makes sense, since the controller and plugin take to SqueezeCenter the same way - over IP).

I've tested it extensively and it worked flawlessly all weekend. GREAT JOB!

Now on to the feature requests:

1. Event action to change shuffle mode on selected player (this way I can select among shuffle settings). This would be best as a discrete selection for each shuffle type (none, album, song?) so that I won't have to guesse the current shuffle mode.

2. Another device to show the thumbnail of the current playing selection, and possibly another device to show a larger version of the artwork. These, along with the other device strings and various event actions would be great for making custom interfaces in HSTouch, MainLobby or any of the other front-end applications (Though, I think Cinemar needs to come up with their own, full-featured SquezeCenter Plugin/interface as an option for MusicLobby instead of JRMC...)

Again, thanks for the great job, I consider this an early Christmas present!
                            John
                            Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                            Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                            HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                            Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

I'm glad to hear the plugin works with SC7.3 so I don't need to worry about that. Still a few other 7.3 concerns posted on the Slime Devices board that have me hesitating to go there from 7.21... hopefully all will be resolved shortly and I will be able to make the jump.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda View Post
                                I tried the plugin with SC 7.0 and could not get the config screen to load, so it's a no-go with SC 7.0, at least the N5200 build.

I wanted the functionality this plugin adds so badly, that I bit the bullet and upgraded to SC 7.3. It was a little painful, but well worth it.

My main reason for wanting the plugin was to be able to controll my Duet Receiver with a standard IR controller. I now can with a few simple events, power on/off, play, pause, stop, skip, next and previous song with the same remote I control the volume of my receiver with. This is Awesome!!! I love the Duet controller, but sometimes it's just easier to use the IR remote, especially once a desired playlist is loaded and all I want to do is skip around without loading a specific song. Reponse is great, just as quick as using the Duet Controller (which makes sense, since the controller and plugin take to SqueezeCenter the same way - over IP).

I've tested it extensively and it worked flawlessly all weekend. GREAT JOB!

Now on to the feature requests:

1. Event action to change shuffle mode on selected player (this way I can select among shuffle settings). This would be best as a discrete selection for each shuffle type (none, album, song?) so that I won't have to guesse the current shuffle mode.

2. Another device to show the thumbnail of the current playing selection, and possibly another device to show a larger version of the artwork. These, along with the other device strings and various event actions would be great for making custom interfaces in HSTouch, MainLobby or any of the other front-end applications (Though, I think Cinemar needs to come up with their own, full-featured SquezeCenter Plugin/interface as an option for MusicLobby instead of JRMC...)

Again, thanks for the great job, I consider this an early Christmas present!

Comment

Working...
                                X