No announcement yet.

New SqueezeBox Plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, display of the artwork of the currently playing song. This would enable the creation of custom pages using HS devices - like in HSTouch and MainLobby. some sort of variables that, used the URL of the current playing song as a device string would work too...
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

PCP,

First I'd like to thank you for sharing your tool. Very much appreciated. Would it be possible to open up the Scripting API by adding a pair of functions to pass raw CLI commands and read raw Squeeze Center reponses? I was thinking along the lines of:

Function SendRawCLICommand(ByVal cliRawCommand As String) As Boolean
      Function ReceiveRawCLIResponse() As String

This would allow me use a single API to access any Squeezebox command.

D.

Comment

Excited too

Have you done any HS Touch screens with this integration? That's where I'm heading today hopefully. Thanks for putting this together.

Comment

Originally posted by djjcoleman View Post
          PCP,

First I'd like to thank you for sharing your tool. Very much appreciated. Would it be possible to open up the Scripting API by adding a pair of functions to pass raw CLI commands and read raw Squeeze Center reponses? I was thinking along the lines of:

Function SendRawCLICommand(ByVal cliRawCommand As String) As Boolean
          Function ReceiveRawCLIResponse() As String

This would allow me use a single API to access any Squeezebox command.

D.
          Thank you for your interest and suggestion. What kind of additional commands would you want to send? An API to send commands is not that hard, though receiving is a little more complex; the protocol and implementation is asynchronous and any extra processing/overhead should not impact the basic plug-in. I have to evaluate different options.

Comment

Originally posted by acraig1 View Post
            Have you done any HS Touch screens with this integration? That's where I'm heading today hopefully. Thanks for putting this together.
            No I have yet had a chance yet, though installed HSTouch the other day. Let us know of your progress.

Comment

problem with HS2 menu from Squeezebox

Just migrated to a different machine, and installed a fresh SqueezeCenter 7.3.1, and HS 2.3.0.19. This plugin still works fine from HS.

I get an error when I go to the "HomeSeer - HS2" menu on a squeezebox. This used to work fine - I could choose devices or events, but now the squeezebox displays "Mismatched tag at line 12, column 2 byte 532 at /c:\programfiles\squeezeventer\server\squeezecenter.exe> XML/Parser.pm line 187"". I also now do not see the HS2 menu when using the web interface of Squeezecenter.

The following is the log from HS2 when attempting to drill down into the "Homeseer-HS2" menu on the squeezebox.

30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Error An unexpected error occured in the SlimServerXML - GenPage() function/subroutine: [System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Squeezebox' Key being added: 'Squeezebox' at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object key, Object value) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_slimserver_xml.GenPage(String& lnk)]
              30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug Entered SlimServerXML - GenPage(). Link: /squeezebox?pg=xml&cmd=getall from IP: 192.168.1.65
              30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug Entered GenPage(). Link: /squeezebox?pg=xml&cmd=getall
              30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug Player Al's Office IR code: 7689d02f
              30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Process command for player. Index: 2, ID: 00:04:20:12:91:3b
              30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Player with ID: 00:04:20:12:91:3b found: True
              30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Checking if player exists. Index: 2, ID: 00:04:20:12:91:3b
              30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Checking if player exists. Index: 1, ID: 00:04:20:1e:40:0a
              30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Checking if player exists. Index: 0, ID: 00:04:20:1e:3f:f6
              30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug Entered tcpClient_onLineArrival: 00%3A04%3A20%3A12%3A91%3A3b ir 7689d02f 380.012

Comment

Originally posted by apluck View Post
                Just migrated to a different machine, and installed a fresh SqueezeCenter 7.3.1, and HS 2.3.0.19. This plugin still works fine from HS.

I get an error when I go to the "HomeSeer - HS2" menu on a squeezebox. This used to work fine - I could choose devices or events, but now the squeezebox displays "Mismatched tag at line 12, column 2 byte 532 at /c:\programfiles\squeezeventer\server\squeezecenter.exe> XML/Parser.pm line 187"". I also now do not see the HS2 menu when using the web interface of Squeezecenter.

The following is the log from HS2 when attempting to drill down into the "Homeseer-HS2" menu on the squeezebox.

30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Error An unexpected error occured in the SlimServerXML - GenPage() function/subroutine: [System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'Squeezebox' Key being added: 'Squeezebox' at System.Collections.SortedList.Add(Object key, Object value) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hspi_slimserver_xml.GenPage(String& lnk)]
                30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug Entered SlimServerXML - GenPage(). Link: /squeezebox?pg=xml&cmd=getall from IP: 192.168.1.65
                30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug Entered GenPage(). Link: /squeezebox?pg=xml&cmd=getall
                30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug Player Al's Office IR code: 7689d02f
                30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Process command for player. Index: 2, ID: 00:04:20:12:91:3b
                30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Player with ID: 00:04:20:12:91:3b found: True
                30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Checking if player exists. Index: 2, ID: 00:04:20:12:91:3b
                30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Checking if player exists. Index: 1, ID: 00:04:20:1e:40:0a
                30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug ## Checking if player exists. Index: 0, ID: 00:04:20:1e:3f:f6
                30/12/2008 16:05:32 SqueezeBox Debug Entered tcpClient_onLineArrival: 00%3A04%3A20%3A12%3A91%3A3b ir 7689d02f 380.012
                Most likely the reason for this error is that you have two devices with the same name (which will become the menu names) and at the same location. In your case it is called "Squeezebox" (see the content of the first error in the log; the key specifies the duplicate entry). Please check your devices and once you removed the duplicate it should work again.

Comment

A new and initial public released/licensed version of the plug-in should be available via the updater in a few day. I will post a message when avaialble. It will be called Version 1.5.1 as I added a few enhancements based on your suggestions:
                  • Supports up to 19 players (i.e. 99 devices)
                  • Replaced last IR button device per player with one that will display shuffle and repeat information. Buttons on the status page (or actions or APIs) maybe used to change both the shuffle and repeat settings. I used the existing device to be able to fit the 19 players instead of allocating more devices per player and reduce the maximum number of players.
                  • The device currently showing the currently played song will include an icon of the artwork. The icon is retrieved from SqueezeCenter and includes a hyperlink to the SqueezeCenter page for the player (with the now playing list and tree to navigate through albums)
                  • revisions in the documentation
                  • installation via the updater (using new msi installer) to make it easier to distribute, update, etc. You still need to install the SqueezeCenter plug-in separately (as it might be on a different computer).

Comment

Fantastic

fantastic - i look forward to try/buy this... really needed.

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                    A new and initial public released/licensed version of the plug-in should be available via the updater in a few day. I will post a message when avaialble. It will be called Version 1.5.1 as I added a few enhancements based on your suggestions:
                    • Supports up to 19 players (i.e. 99 devices)
                    • Replaced last IR button device per player with one that will display shuffle and repeat information. Buttons on the status page (or actions or APIs) maybe used to change both the shuffle and repeat settings. I used the existing device to be able to fit the 19 players instead of allocating more devices per player and reduce the maximum number of players.
                    • The device currently showing the currently played song will include an icon of the artwork. The icon is retrieved from SqueezeCenter and includes a hyperlink to the SqueezeCenter page for the player (with the now playing list and tree to navigate through albums)
                    • revisions in the documentation
                    • installation via the updater (using new msi installer) to make it easier to distribute, update, etc. You still need to install the SqueezeCenter plug-in separately (as it might be on a different computer).
                    Best,
                    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Most likely the reason for this error is that you have two devices with the same name (which will become the menu names) and at the same location. In your case it is called "Squeezebox" (see the content of the first error in the log; the key specifies the duplicate entry). Please check your devices and once you removed the duplicate it should work again.
                      That fixed it. thanks!

Comment

Extension Downloader

Will you support the extension downloader for automatic updates of Sq.center?
                        Best,

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                          Will you support the extension downloader for automatic updates of Sq.center?
                          I noticed this new feature when I went over the SqueezeCenter 7.3 release notes but haven't looked at it in greater details. It would make installation/upgrades easier. Thank you for mentioning interest; I added it to my to do list.

Comment

Any time :-)
                            at big need - really what I need is to be able to select at farvorite playlist.
                            can you add that feature?

I noticed this new feature when I went over the SqueezeCenter 7.3 release notes but haven't looked at it in greater details. It would make installation/upgrades easier. Thank you for mentioning interest; I added it to my to do list.
                            Best,

Comment

There is also a new forum to discuss specifics of the SqueezeBox plugin and Version 1.5.1 is available via the updater.

Please use http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=982 for future discussions, support questions and information about the latest versions.

Comment

There is also a new forum to discuss specifics of the SqueezeBox plugin...
                                Can one of the mods move this thread to the new forum.. There are a couple of other SqueezCenter/Box threads that are candidates for moving to the new forum as well.

Thanks again for the great plugin! One of my favorites!
                                John
                                Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                                Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                                HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                                Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
                                X