Error code: 10047

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnoc View Post
    I've scanned my machine and don't have any issues.

Jon, if you could send me the tool you used, I'd appreciate it (sent PM last night).

pcp, I realize it most likely is an issue on my end, but could you review the log files I posted yesterday just to be sure you don't see a clue to the problem?

Thanks!

-John
    The errors of the test program and plugin (from the log you posted) are consistent... so the issue is not the plugin but something related to the network. I am not sure what would cause the problem. Did you say that "telnet localhost 9090" worked fine? If that is the case many some security issues when using the .Net libraries (using the test program I posted) but not sure. I will do a little more research over the weekend. Are you using other HS2 plugins that do network socket commnunication?

Comment

Update: Still have not solved my issue. No virus detected, I can open the telnet port and do see traffic coming from the Squeeze Box. I've tride changing the port to Localhost, the machine name, it's IP address, the localhost address of 127.0.0.1, but still getting the Error Code 10047.

I'm open to any and all suggestions??

-John

Comment

So will this ever get fixed???

Is this error ever going to get fixed?

I have SC 7.3.1. I can telnet in to port 9090 with no problems. However when I try to run the SB plug in, I get the dreaded 10047 error.

I'm guessing the guy who wrote this is doing something funky with IPv4 and IPv6, and is probably calling IPv6 with an IPv4 address. I'd rather not disable IPv6 just for this plug-in to work.

So does anyone have an ETA on when this will get fixed?

I'm running Vista 32 SP1, fully patched.

EDIT: Clearly an error with the way the SB code is written:
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/819124

So, since the writer of this one seems to want to blame everyone but himself, anyone know of an alternative provider of SB plugins for HS2?
        Last edited by ; February 1, 2009, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Upon socket creation, it specifies that it should use IP4 not IP6 (which I am not using here). I have not been able to reproduce it and find more specific details what would cause this.

What I have done, is modify a little the test program I posted earlier to iterate over multiple addresses that could be returned from the DNS resolution. Could you try the attached test program and post the output?

The program is quite simple: it will do a DNS resolution for localhost:9090 (default SqueezeCenter configuration on local computer), create a socket, open the socket connection to SqueezeCenter and close the connection after 10 seconds. It is a Console/DOS application.

Let us know the results. Once I understand the problem and how to resolve it, I will rebuild the plugin and post it.

Philippe
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AbMagFAb View Post
            Is this error ever going to get fixed?

I have SC 7.3.1. I can telnet in to port 9090 with no problems. However when I try to run the SB plug in, I get the dreaded 10047 error.

I'm guessing the guy who wrote this is doing something funky with IPv4 and IPv6, and is probably calling IPv6 with an IPv4 address. I'd rather not disable IPv6 just for this plug-in to work.

So does anyone have an ETA on when this will get fixed?

I'm running Vista 32 SP1, fully patched.

EDIT: Clearly an error with the way the SB code is written:
            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/819124

So, since the writer of this one seems to want to blame everyone but himself, anyone know of an alternative provider of SB plugins for HS2?
            I am not blaming anybody, would be happy to resolve it and rebuild the plugin once I understand what needs to be changed. Since I cannot reproduce the problem, I need your help in isolating it. Thank you.

Comment

pcp,

Here are the results of the latest test program:
              Attached Files

Comment

pcp,

Here are the results of the latest test program:
                Thank you for running the test and that helps in resolving this issue. I will update the plugin this afternoon and post an updated 1.6 beta of the plugin later tonight in thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=133690.

Comment

I posted a new beta with changes that should resolve this issue. Please refer to http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...99&postcount=1 for details and let us know if it works now.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                    I posted a new beta with changes that should resolve this issue. Please refer to http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...99&postcount=1 for details and let us know if it works now.
                    Great, it loads now!

Some questions:

1) Can I access Rhapsody and Sirius through it? If so, is this only available through things like HSTouch, or can I set up events to do it?

2) Can I access my local media library?

3) Anything else special about it?

Thanks!
                    -Mark

EDIT: Correction, while it connects now, I can't do anything with it. Even just clicking the "On" in the HS2 Status screen does nothing at all.

Any logs I can provide to you? When I click "On" on the status screen, even with all logging levels checked, there's nothing it adds to the log.
                    Last edited by ; February 1, 2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

All issues solved on my end. After the restart of HS and enabling the plug-in, everything connected and all devices populated... Awesome!

Thanks...

-John

Comment

All issues solved on my end. After the restart of HS and enabling the plug-in, everything connected and all devices populated... Awesome!

Thanks...

-John
                        Have you tried doing anything with the devices? All devices populated for me as well, but I can't do anything with them. Even something as simple as turn it on/off.

Comment

Yes, I can control my one Boom through HS. I'm not seeing the album art consistantly, but all other functions seem to work.

Can you control your device from SqueezeCenter?

Comment

Yes, I can control my one Boom through HS. I'm not seeing the album art consistantly, but all other functions seem to work.

Can you control your device from SqueezeCenter?
                            Yes, I use SC and the Duet control, as well as directly from the Boom, and they all work perfectly. That's how I use my 3 SB devices on a daily basis.

However this SB plug in does nothing.

I'm using SC 7.3.1. You?

Comment

I'm on SC 7.3.2 I just got the Boom, so I pulled the latest version of SC. It's strange that your HS devices are getting populated but you can't control your Squeeze Box's?? Are you on the .33 beta of HS?

Comment

I'm on SC 7.3.2 I just got the Boom, so I pulled the latest version of SC. It's strange that your HS devices are getting populated but you can't control your Squeeze Box's?? Are you on the .33 beta of HS?
                                I'm on the 19 production release. Do you think that's the issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X