No announcement yet.

mcsTemperature Version 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit \HTML\Temperatrue.asp and remove everything except three lines. The first, and last which are the brackets and the one line starting with Response.Write

Comment

I have another graphing problem in that mcsTemp won't draw 24h and 72h charts. It draws the weekly and 6 hour charts, but just changing the timeframe to 24h or 72h produces a blank chart (no lines). Any idea what's going on?

Comment

Did you look at this thread in the subforum http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145967
        Seems to be the same issue.

Comment

Yes! I'll post in the thread above.

Comment

database issue?

Hi,

I have set up xapmcs1wire -> mcsxap -> HS -> mcsTemperature. I see all the wanted 1wire device data in HS and have configured all sensors i want to collect data from in the Analog (1) tab in mcstemperature. I allso can see all these sensors in mcstemperature but all the graphs are empty as if there is no data available for my sensors in mcstemperature. I lurked around in some log files and found this:

mcsTemperature Debug | Log Temperature Sensor Count=12, INSERT INTO Sensors(SampleDate,F10,F11,F12,F13,F14,F1,F2,F3,F4,F5,F6,F7) SELECT #2011-02-16 19:54:14# AS QT,1000 AS Q0,2260 AS Q1,3300 AS Q2,-1580 AS Q3,9400 AS Q4,2,577361E+12 AS Q5,4210 AS Q6,2940 AS Q7,3170 AS Q8,2870 AS Q9,6810 AS Q10,1,54429E+07 AS Q11

mcsTemperature Debug | Log Temperature SQL Error Number of query values and destination fields are not the same. on line 950 Number of query values and destination fields are not the same.

mcsTemperature Debug | Change Field because , error number=0, Fields=F10,4,F11,4,F12,4,F13,5,F14,4,F1,12,F2,4,F3,4,F4,4,F5 ,4,F6,4,F7,11

mcsTemperature Debug | Log Temperature Retry SQL Error Number of query values and destination fields are not the same. on line 1010 Number of query values and destination fields are not the same.

mcsTemperature Debug | EvaluateDeviceAction DeviceActionCollection.Count=0, MonitoredEventCount=0

What can I do?

BR

Tomas

Comment

The problem is due to the comma in the scientific notation for F7

,1,54429E+07 AS Q11

Two quick suggestions. One is to look at F7's value as it does not look reasonable. The second is that here is a setting to map the decimal character. I forget exaclty where the mapping occurs as it may only apply to inputs and not database operations.

Also make certain you have the checkbox to save data to database at some periodic interval with the interval also specified. It is on the Interface Page of mcsTemperature.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks,

I removed F1 and F7 that had comma in the scientific notation. Now the graphs are working fine. F1 and F7 actually belong to a DS2423 counter connected to a kWh meter giving 10000 pulses/1kWh so I need to check how to scale the value to make it work correctly.

<OBR

<OTomas

Comment

removing 100% humidity measurements?

Hi,

Is there some way to ignore or delete humidity measurements that are 100%? My humidity sensors work perfectly most of the time but for some reason the sensor gives the value 100% a few times (5-10 times) in a 24h period (288 measurement points). This makes the graph very ugly. My setup is xAPMce1wire -> McsxAP -> McsTemperature.

BR

Tomas

Comment

100% is a normal humidity reading for outdoor environments so no provisions are made to filter it. What you can do is run a query on your database periodically to change the value to 0 and I believe the 0's are not graphed.

Comment

After I updated to 6.2.14 my virtual sensors are no longer updating, I have a straight line for all temp values since the update. My 1wire sensors work fine and I have the check box ticked to transfer virtual devices to database every one minute. The virtual devices are temp and set point readings from my z-wave thermostats. Any other setting I should review?

Comment

For specific issues a new thread should be started so that other will be able to find the information should others have a similiar problem.

The code to log data to the database is common for all items listed on the Sensor Page. The specific code is:
                        Code:
                        620                        If CalibrationDictionary.Exists(SensorDeviceCode(i)) Then
                        630                           Data = Expression(CalibrationDictionary(SensorDeviceCode(i)))
                        640                           hs.SetDeviceString SensorDeviceCode(i), FormatHTML(SensorFunctionType(i), Data)
                        650                           Data = val(Data) * Scaling
                        660                           hs.SetDeviceValue SensorDeviceCode(i), val(Data)
                        670                           hs.SetDeviceLastChange SensorDeviceCode(i), Now
                        680                        Else
                        690                           sString = hs.DeviceString(SensorDeviceCode(i))
                        700                           If (SensorFunctionType(i) = jWindDirection) Or _
                                                         (SensorFunctionType(i) = jTemperature And OnlyTemperatureIcon) Or _
                                                         sString = "" Then
                        710                                 Data = CStr(CLng(hs.DeviceValue(SensorDeviceCode(i))) * CLng(Scaling))
                        720                           Else
                        730                                 Data = CStr(Round((CSng(MakeNumber(Trim(StripHTML(sString)))) * Scaling)))
                        740                           End If
                        750                        End If
                        This means that the DeviceSting will be used except the case where the Wind Direction, Temperatures with only Icons in the string and strings that are blank. In these cases the DeviceValue will be the source. If the sensor has calibration applied then slightly different logic is used.

There is debug output available in this section of the code that shows the SQL statement that is being used each time the data is logged. If the DeviceString/Value or Calibration considerations do not bear fruit then the general debug might help.

Comment

Graphs not displayed

Help needed,

I have just recently been moving my Homeseer installation to a new computer, and I have a problem with McsTemperature in order to chart my results.

System:
                          Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.
                          Interface: DS9490R
                          Version: 6.2.22

Problem:Things that I have done:
                          I setup an application in my IIS to verify that Chart Director are running and it works great all charts examples are displayed.
                          My 1-wire setup is working and the plug-in has found my devises and they are displayed correctly in HS.

Observations:
                          When I installed the plug-in the database did not install and I had to pull it from my old computer, could this be the root cause of the problem?

I have posted:
                          Database on http://www.daigaard.dk/mcstemp/mcsTemperature.mdb
                          Initfile on http://www.daigaard.dk/mcstemp/mcsTemperature.ini
                          Screen shoots: http://www.daigaard.dk/mcstemp/screen.pdf

Let me know if there is anything else that is needed to help me with this problem.

Regards

Daigaard

Comment

The message comes from there being no sensor data in your database. Your .ini file shows the following sensors being setup in the database, but the database has no sensors defined. Since the database was not created it is likely that the libraries that manage database operations are not present. If there are problems writing to the database then there should be some messages in the HS log to provide clues.

R1="s1-Wire_Garage,0,1"
                            R3="s1-Wire_Loft,0,1"
                            R4="s1-Wire_Ude_Temperatur,0,1"
                            R2="s1-Wire_Server_Room,0,1"

The .ini has the database located in the HS root folder, but the default is \Data. The location should not matter, but just letting you know in case you have two databases on your system.

The hyphen in the name is valid for database name, but it is also the same character used for subtraction. I tyipically try to avoid ambiguous characters in the names.

Comment

No data in the database

Hi Again,

I still have problems, I'm now at a point where I get the databases created.

I did change the naming of database labels but not change.

Latest findings:
                              If I delete the database, a new database is created in the Forecast Database location.
                              If I select the repair
                              and recreate it also creates the sensor table inside the database (same location for sensor and forecast). BUT no data are stored in the database. I expect that the database featurs are working since a table can be created??

Could you please assist on how to proceed.

Regards

Daigaard

Comment

Post the file \Config\mcsTemperature.ini so I can see what you have setup

Comment

Working...
                                X