I/O and 1wire over TCP/IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Can you give a brief overview of what function is done with your PHP for those of us that cannot understand Spanish on the UTube?

Comment

Michael,

So to get accurate temperature readings will the board be re-designed to provide a steady 5VDC or will the user need to provide an autonomous source of 5VDC?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Nice application Juan!
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

So to get accurate temperature readings will the board be re-designed to provide a steady 5VDC or will the user need to provide an autonomous source of 5VDC?
            The testing is still underway so no conclusion has been reached yet.

In my testing I evaluated both the mode to increase QD and Vdd, but they were not sufficient to provide good readings over a 10' Cat 5 cable.

The Maxim-IC position on the matter is that external power near the sensor is needed for longer runs when the device is operated in a non-parasitic mode.

While I operate all my temperature sensors on the DS9097U in parasitic mode, I believe there other other users where 5V is used to power the sensor and the results do not exhibit the problems that the WebControl is experiencing.

I have not tried to trace the wire runs on the board to see what components are between the 5VDC regulator and the Vdd to the DS18B20, but there is a voltage drop. I also did not try to provide the external power through the 10' run of Cat 5, to isolate wire length resistive drops vs. other factors.

I just wanted to disclose that progress is being made and that CAI is engaged in the activity.

Comment

When initially testing (my attempt) in parasitic mode my temperature reads were around 140C or so.

It would be beneficial for the board to work in parasitic or non parasitic mode for the temperature sensors.

Thanks Michael.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

When initially testing (my attempt) in parasitic mode my temperature reads were around 140C or so.

It would be beneficial for the board to work in parasitic or non parasitic mode for the temperature sensors.
                Both the hardware and the firmware do not have the capability to do the switching necessary to provide the necessary current at the time of A/D conversion. While I would like to see this mode functional, I do not think it is being considered.

I'm surprised that your were even able to read the ROM codes to identify the sensor when the Vdd was not connected to the WebControl.

Comment

I had given up on the board connecting it per documentation. When I connected it in parasitic mode it worked. Its somewhere in one of the threads relating to testing the board here.

BTW the Maxim chip got very warm while testing it in this manner.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    Can you give a brief overview of what function is done with your PHP for those of us that cannot understand Spanish on the UTube?
                    I use the PHP cURL function.

Example:

curl_setopt ($ ch, CURLOPT_URL, "h t t p : / / $ host / gett $ i.cgi");

The operation of this function can be seen from php . net

I can not put links, when you can put the link to the actual page.
                    Greetings

Comment

You can put links in your reply by hitting the link icon above the box as you type. A pop up will come up for the link.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

curl_setopt ($ ch, CURLOPT_URL, "h t t p : / / $ host / gett $ i.cgi");
                        I take this to mean is that you use the WebControl as a sensor and collect measurement, but do not use it for localized control

I had given up on the board connecting it per documentation. When I connected it in parasitic mode it worked. Its somewhere in one of the threads relating to testing the board here.

BTW the Maxim chip got very warm while testing it in this manner.
                        In paratic mode this implies you have pin 1 and pin 2 from the WebControl module connected to Gnd and DQ of the sensor and a jumper is placed on the DS18B20 between Vdd and Gnd. If the sensor becomes warm and the readings are obtained this implies that you have some other connections that allow voltage from the WebControl to drive the Vdd of the DS18B20. Also, if the sensor becomes warm doesn't this also imply that your temperature measurements will be quite high as well.

Comment

In parasitic mode this implies you have pin 1 and pin 2 from the WebControl module connected to Gnd and DQ of the sensor and a jumper is placed on the DS18B20 between Vdd and Gnd.
                          That is exactly what I did. I did not provide additional voltage though and it was before I sent it in for "repairs".

Here is my post from when I tested it.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...=138729&page=4

BTW - Michael. The Xap Program quit working sometime around Christmas. Its still up showing an icon and also showing up on the applications running list. The web page though doesn't come up. The last variable update was around Christmas Eve. I don't recall if that is when I updated the program though. I have shut it down a couple of times with no changes in results though.

The Webcontrol device hasn't been removed from network and continues to function and I am able to acess it directly as before. The Webcontrol XaP application is the only XaP application not working. I will remove (configs etc) and reinstall it.

Testing I removed the INI file and ran application from another directory and it ran fine. Not sure what changed in the INI file though.
                          Last edited by Pete; January 16, 2010, 10:25 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Comment

I have purchased some 1 Wire sensors

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:B:EF:US:1123http://cgi.ebay.com/Digital-Thermal-...item518fdfc7be

This sensors give a much beter reading for me
                              The differents is now only 0.3 Celsius, by the voltage from the board (4,5 Volt)
                              I can live with that .
                              There also different readings from my Oregon sensors within 0.3 Celsius

Michael can you make a offset for the temp sensors so that you
                              Can calibrate the sensors Within the XapWebcontrol
                              Or is this not wise to do.

Ed

Comment

If you have a fixed control point then you do not need to use the thermostat and will be setting the Voltage Input and Relay output as:
                                Relay: Invert = Checked, OnLogic=&A1L, OffLogic=&A1U
                                Voltage: OnAt 3, OffAt 4.5

xapmcsWebControl will program all 8 outputs Analog 1 inputs to 3*1024 and 4.5*1024 and define the boolean engine to use Analog 1 logic and invert the Output 1.

To do it with setpoints then you need a control band delta of (4.5-3.0)/(2) = 0.75. As a minimum you need a setpoint range that includes 3.0 and 4.5. You would assign the input to A1 and the output to O1 and then select 3.75 as the desired setpoint. Since you want to logic inverted you would also need to set Relay 1 to Invert.

I experimented with the WebControl module using this logic and it did not operate as I expected. When the output becomes active I was never able to get it back to inactive no matter what I set the polarity or the limit values. I could change the invert bit for the output, but the reported 1/0 status never changed. If I disabled the Boolean Logic control then I was able to manually control the output. I will need to get with CAI to see why the analog logic is not working the same as the temperature logic. In my testing I changed the setpoint and left the input voltage as a constant 5V. I did not leave the setpoint unchanged and vary the input voltage.

While doing this I discovered the setpoint was limited to 1 digit so I changed that and also recognized that I was only setting one output channel's limits so now I set all outputs to use the same sensor limits. This is consistent with the xapmcsWebControl UI. The update was posted.

Michael can you make a offset for the temp sensors so that you
                                Can calibrate the sensors Within the XapWebcontrol
                                Or is this not wise to do.
                                The calibration capability is already in xapmcsWebControl. It you include a bias entry on the column for the temperature sensor line then this bias will be applied to the boolean logic if it is used for control and it wil be applied before reporting on the browser page and xAP messages.

Comment

Working...
                                X