I/O and 1wire over TCP/IP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Getting reads of 4.3 VDC on the Humidity sensor. RH is steady at 32%. The room (sons room) is over the garage and typically is the colder / warmer room in the home. The other Temp08 1-wire humidity sensor is steady at about 60%.
    I'm surprised by the consistency of the readings, but you may have a modern house with modern HVAC -- Something outside my ken ... What is the voltage measured at the sensor ouput?

I received my temperature sensors today. Connecting one I am not getting any readings from it. Swapped a few to see. Regarding humidity sensor purchased a couple of them and I get the same reads (32% RH) from both of them. It is functioning though when I breath lightly on the sensor the humidity value goes up about 10%.

Curious if there needs to be a jumper set or some sort of reset done before the temperature ROM comes up?

I have my two sensor in place as depicted in the attached picture.
    They should come up on reboot, no fuss, no muss.

You are using DS18B20's, not DS18S20's or DS1820's, right?? The first version of the firmware only supported DS1822's and not any DS18x20 but DS18B20 support was added.

What version firmware is reported? Based on what the factory upgraded my old ones to a few weeks ago, the current version is v02.03.03.

... Marc

{ Update: I see that a screen capture in your previous post shows that you have the current firmware. "Never mind" ;-) }
    Last edited by hult; December 2, 2009, 01:42 PM. Reason: Update version discussion

Comment

I'm surprised by the consistency of the readings, but you may have a modern house with modern HVAC -- Something outside my ken ... What is the voltage measured at the sensor ouput?
      2.8 VDC on the Temperature sensor 1&3 leads
      2.1 VDC on the Temperature sensor 1&2 leads

These are DS18B20 sensors which I purchased per Ebay link provided early in thread.

Temperature/humidity values the house are pretty consistent.

Firmware is as stated: V02.03.03

In addition tested the newly purchased DS18B20's connecting in a similar manner to Temp08 board and they are coming up fine. I cannot connect the humidity sensor as it is to the Temp08 board unless I add some additional circuitry.

Would a reset help me?
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by mhog View Post
        I just bought my humidity sensors on Ebay from someone in Canada. $12 for a HIH-4000-001 plus $4 shipping. Not sure how the price is as I have never bought any before and seemed as good as I could find in a quick search.

Item # 180434485666

Got the temp sensors from another Ebay seller. They are the DS18B20 and I got 10 for 16.90 plus $3 shipping.

Item # 110451030003

Have not received anything yet, but the order was just placed on Friday. Both items were marked as shipped on the same day so time will tell.
        Thanks for the heads up on ebay. I ordered the same.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

2.8 VDC on the Temperature sensor 1&3 leads
          Pete: I was referring to the humidity sensor.

Would a reset help me?
          Marc previously wrote: "They [DS18B20's] should come up on reboot, no fuss, no muss. "

Yes. You need to recycle (power down, power up) the WebControl.

HTH ... Marc

Comment

These are DS18B20 sensors which I purchased per Ebay link provided early in thread.
            What is the date code on the IC's ? Should be the bottom row of numbers. Dallas Semiconductor notoriously made changes to some of the early 1-wire temperature sensors with no indications on the markings needlessly causing considerable confusion and disgruntlement ( harrumpf!)

We can hope that the eBay supplier sells fresh stock and not a pirated/outdated substitute. I was planning to bury a couple of dozen next week in our 300ft deep geothermal holes but they haven't arrived.

Has anyone received DS18B20's from the eBay source and can report that they respond flawlessly?

Maxim writes that the Econo DS1822 and the DS18B20 are "software compatible" but they are not as far as the earlier firmware of the WebControl was concerned owing to timing issues. The new firmware resolved this for at least some devices. The same DS IC's that previously did not work now work using the new firmware.

Dunno if this helps or confuses ... Marc

Comment

anyone have problems getting the DS18B20 sensors detected on this device?
              Seeing that Pete is also having an issue did jog my memory. When I first installed them I had to jiggle it a little to make proper contact. I suspect the pad on the screw terminal may not be making good contact.

Comment

Originally posted by hult View Post
                I was planning to bury a couple of dozen [DS18B20's from eBay supplier] next week in our 300ft deep geothermal bore-holes but they haven't arrived.
                Here we go again :-( I only get one shot at installing sensors that work. Once the holes are grouted up, that's it.

I found my stash of precision glass-bead thermistors. I can count on these to go a century without ambiguity or 'timing' issues.

How soon we forget ... Marc

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                  Seeing that Pete is also having an issue did jog my memory. When I first installed them I had to jiggle it a little to make proper contact. I suspect the pad on the screw terminal may not be making good contact.
                  Yes!

I noticed something strange that the screws didn't seem to make good electrical contact with the sensor wires but instead of exploring further, just took reading with the VOM probe on the wires.

It must have been in the parallel-universe discussion at Cocoontech.com that I suggested tightening the contacts .

... Marc

Comment

Date Code on the Temperature sensors:
                    449381 or +49381 - all 10 are the same.

On the humidity sensor the voltages are:

4.4VDC between 1&3
                    1.6VDC between 1&2

Tightened the pads down. I don't see cold solder joints on the circuit board. In addition took a working temp sensor from a Temp08 setup and connected it to the webcontrol board and it too did not show.
                    Last edited by Pete; December 2, 2009, 03:18 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am seeing the exact same problem with the temp sensors and fluctuating humidity sensor as Pete. I posted the EBay link for the Humidity and Temp sensors that some of you have bought from and I sure hope I have not wasted OUR money on bad sensors. I also bought the WebControl unit from Amazon.

Supporting info:
                      Webcontrol Firmware: 2.03.03

2.9 VDC on the Temperature sensor 1&3 leads

4.47VDC on Humidity sensor 1&3
                      1.61VDC on Humidity sensor 1&2

Date code on Temp sensors
                      0940C4 +493A1

The thing that concerns me is the fact that Pete took a known good temp sensor and it does not register on the WebControl device.

Comment

Pouring through the docs now; what xapHub are people running? Where do you get it?
                        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I am using the one that Michael has posted in the XaP section. I am also using XaPMCSWebControl.

Code:
                          [url]http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=138892[/url]
                          Code:
                          [url]http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109125[/url]
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Scott,

Did you purchase a WebControl? Have you tested it yet?

My endeavors relating to having another means of having another 1-wire sensor and mechanism to get temps in the home. I currently utilize a Temp08, Temp05 and two 9097's each dedicated to somewhat different functionalities. IE: One 9097 has just a dual counter on it and measuring water flows, the other 9097 just has combo HB Temp/Humidity/sun sensors on it and everthing else on the two temp0X boards. I also have temp/humidity sensors connected to my HAI panel.

In addition to the "mix" I have another Temp08 which I "test" new 1-wire devices on.

[deleted] - here I wrote a page of a rant relating to getting simple humidity readings and my issues relating to said endeavor but decided to delete it.

Yesterday purchased a combo Temp/Humidity 1-wire sensor from Mitch for my basement reads.

This thread is starting to get buried and should most likely be moved to either general HW or to Michael's XaP section.
                            Last edited by Pete; December 3, 2009, 06:28 AM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by mhog View Post
                              I am seeing the exact same problem with the temp sensors and fluctuating humidity sensor as Pete. I posted the EBay link for the Humidity and Temp sensors that some of you have bought from and I sure hope I have not wasted OUR money on bad sensors. I also bought the WebControl unit from Amazon.

Supporting info:
                              Webcontrol Firmware: 2.03.03

2.9 VDC on the Temperature sensor 1&3 leads

4.47VDC on Humidity sensor 1&3
                              1.61VDC on Humidity sensor 1&2

Date code on Temp sensors
                              0940C4 +493A1

The thing that concerns me is the fact that Pete took a known good temp sensor and it does not register on the WebControl device.
                              When I get the sensors, I'll check to see if I'm noticing the same thing. I don't think you've wasted our money...

Has anyone tried these sensors with a different 1-wire reader? Has anyone tested sensors with this board they've already had, tested and true?
                              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I'll test all 10 of 1-Wire temperature sensors on the temp08. I tested one yesterday and it worked fine. I can't test the humidity sensor other than cutting one out and replacing it with one of the new ones on a combo "old" or "new" sensor or adding a 2438 to my test Temp08.

There a "few" threads out there in networklandia relating to same said device (webcontrol) but all of them seem to end without really seeing any testing discussions. One I would like to see though is relating to a humidor. I have one (antique) and would like to automate a bit.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X