A huge step in the right direction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A huge step in the right direction!

Excellent work! Windows is the weakest link in the current solution.

how soon will the mini be avaiable?
    i was already looking to buy the HS2 software and build a pc but after looking into this i may hold off. i was looking at the vera 2 but homeseer was overwhelming in experience.
    im really interested into remote features over the iphone, control over the web from work or anywhere.
    i dont have any remote control devices yet but with little i am planning to do, i hope the mini fits perfect. just hvac control, some lights, and couple of door locks.

Comment

Upgrades?

Hi,

How will upgrades be handled? Is there an installer like the windows version? I'm not a Linux guy, but this new device is interesting...

;-)
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jlegault View Post
        Excellent work! Windows is the weakest link in the current solution.
        In my opinion, the weakest "link" in the current solution is that there is no link between two or more HS servers.

In other words, that HS is not 'distributed'.

The 'upgrade issue' would essentially go away if two or more HS servers could run simultaneously and cooperate over TCP/IP.

(Beginning ca 1998, multiple CyberHouse servers could seamlessly interconnect over TCP/IP and RS-485 .)

Mis dos centavos ... Marc

Comment

So when is this going to happen?

So, I haven't heard ANYTHING at all on this lately. When is the HomeTroller Mini going to become a reality?

At least post an update for us. Tell us if it's not going to happen, or what issues you're running into. It would be nice to know something considering you made the big announcement at CES.

Anything?...

Comment

Yeah, it's been REAL quiet. I hope that's good news; that they are working on it.
            I plan to purchase one when released - for the price point, it would be fun to play with!
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Yup - I too am watching this space eagerly.

Not sure how to migrate from my existing ControlThink solution though.

Comment

Trim-Slice 3 watt computer

Wonder if HS could be using this hardware Trim-Slice uses 3 watts of power (instead of the shevaplug)?

http://trimslice.com

an ARM processor paired with an ultra-low power GeForce GPU, and placed on a single chip. The mini desktop comes with 1GB RAM, a solid-state SATA drive, and an SD card slot. You also get gigabit Ethernet networking, HDMI and Wi-Fi.
                Attached Files
                HS4 Environment
                Proxmox win11 / HS4
                Netiom-Xap board
                Plug-In's
                rnbWeather 4.4.2.0
                mcsMQTT V6.15.1.0
                mcsXap V3.0.0.72
                Zigbee Plus V1.0.0.0
                Zigbee V4.0.11.0

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Well, IMO using Linux as the as the OS is the way to go, and I'd prefer a controller based on Linux over Windows XP. However it seems the code itself will still be written with .net, so it will still have vestiges of WiNdows. Also, moving forward, does Homesser plan on marketing this product as an equal to it's Windows-based peers, or will the new Homtroller mini be treated as a mini (read less capable) version of higher end Windows-based controllers, making Hometroller mini owners regret not just getting a full blown Windows PC? Or, will a Linux box be a sign of the future and is the start of transitioning Homeseer to eventually migrate all controllers Linux-based servers?

Comment

The "Mini" was renamed HomeTroller Zee and will be released on Oct 1st. Press release is here: http://www.prweb.com/releases/HomeSe...eb10934922.htm
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                    X