Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell Doesnt work

Adding my 2 cents

<table class="log_table_row" style="width: 970px; table-layout: fixed; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Lucida Console', Monaco, monospace; font-size: 13.3333px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; width: 100px; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">IPThermostat</td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" style="padding-left: 3px; padding-right: 3px; font-size: 9pt; font-family: Courier-New, Monaco, monospace; word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);" align="left">ERROR: Unable to communicate with HONEYWELL. Are you sure the username and password are correct? --> Error in doGet:The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.</td></tr></tbody></table>
    I just spent 29.95 on this plugin that doesn't work. Guess I should have read the forum first. Why is something being sold by Homeseer that doesn't work?

Did the plugin work during the free 30 day trial?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No you got me there, all I saw is the big buy now button and figured if I want the functionality advertised within the release notes I should assume it works as advertised and pay for the hard work someone put forth.

I guess I am the fool here ....

Here is to hoping the author can solve the issue.
      For what its worth this seems to be a similar issue that was going on with the vera plugin for Honeywell Total connect. Link to thread http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.p...c,30125.0.html

Its rather long winded but perhaps the author can gather some insight in order to fix the plugin.

Comment

I have just installed Honeywell Evohome and so decided to give this plugin a try.
        So far I'm getting nothing. The log entry is;
        Jun-03 06:55:34 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in IPThermostat
        Jun-03 06:55:34 IPThermostat DEBUG1: GetLogLevel: Entered function
        Jun-03 06:55:33 Info Plugin IPThermostat has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:54374

Then nothing!

Anybody got any suggestions?

Comment

Now I've enabled debugging I'm seeing;

Jun-03 07:33:45 IPThermostat ERROR: Unable to communicate with HONEYWELL. Are you sure the username and password are correct? --> Error in doGet:The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.

I have checked the username and password - they are correct. Looks to me as though the url the plugin is trying to reach may be incorrect!

I notice that the login url is different when logging in from the UK to that if logging in from the USA.
          Last edited by IanIreland; June 3, 2016, 08:07 AM. Reason: Further information

Comment

fresh install not creating devices for evohome...

i suspect api may have changed recently as i recall a small article somewhere! could this be the problem?

Comment

same here, since 3-8-16 it isn't working anymore
              an api change?

Comment

I have to check this out guys, stay tuned...
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

if you need to log in, you know where to find me

Comment

Found the issue, no solution yet.

They changed the API (again). A variable I need is no longer acailable :-(
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Any news on this?

Comment

what worked for me was to get a refund on this plugin and get the one put out by Shill (assuming honeywell thermostats which was my case.). That one has always worked as advertised, been happy with it ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by olof View Post
                          Any news on this?

Please try the version at this link https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...THERMOSTAT.exe

And let me know if it works now.
                          Regards,

Rien du Pre
                          The Netherlands
                          Using:
                          Plugin's:
                          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

IPThermoStat finally working with EvoHome!

Hi Rien,

Just noticed you post with the new plugin file, and tried it.
                            Finally, after a lot of testing, this is working now!!
                            It always was able to log in into the Honeywell portal, it always found all the details, but the one thing that was not working was the creation of the devices.
                            Now that is finally working fine!
                            Thanks a lot!
                            I will test this now also on my HS3Pro Linux system, and will let you know if that works as well.

Comment

Still some work to be done on IPThermoStat

Rien,

I was not able to test on my Linux system, as the trial period was expired. Instead I have just tested a bit more thoroughly on my Win7 system.
                              The plugin collects all heatpoints properly, and when I change a heat point on the EvoHome panel, that change also gets synced up with the plugin.
                              However, when I try to make a change through HomeSeer, then it does not work when using the temperature scale pull down. Nothing happens, also not in the logging (with debug on). When using the + or - buttons, then it works at least half of the time. I upped two zones each by 1.5 degrees Celsius (which is three clicks on both + buttons), and only one zone got updated. As a result the first time I tried this, Honeywell blocked the login becasue of too many retried. 15 minutes later that did not happen again, but about 45 minutes later got myself in the same position.
                              Somehow I believe the timing of clicking on these buttons, combined with how you communicate this back to the Honeywell portal, may need some revising...
                              In the end I can conclude that syncing heatpoints works both ways, as long as you do not keep pressing buttons too quickly.

Then there's the logging: it is way too chatty in the log. Would be nice if you could control that a bit more. Seems like you already thought about that, by creating different log levels, as I see debug1, 2 and 3 in the log, but no way to configure that (yet).
                              Also, I see logs of "Set Cool Temperature...", which I do not have in my setup, not can I configure this in the plugin settings...

Now that it is more or less working, I would gladly help you out with more testing. Just let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X