Honeywell Doesnt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rien,

Just bought the license as trial was expired and IPThermostat is working now with Evohome (EU). It would be nice, if possible, to have the devices added in Homeseer as Thermostat devices so it can also be controlled through Imperihome (plugin). I have another thermostat for electric floor heating and that works perfect with Imperihome plugin

Olof

Comment

Originally posted by ekempen View Post
      Hi Rien,

Just noticed you post with the new plugin file, and tried it.
      Finally, after a lot of testing, this is working now!!
      It always was able to log in into the Honeywell portal, it always found all the details, but the one thing that was not working was the creation of the devices.
      Now that is finally working fine!
      I downloaded the plugin today, and, as others have found, it seemed to login to Honeywell OK, put lots of info into the log, but didn't create any devices, so wasn't actually usable.

After a lot of hacking round with restarts, reboots, removing and reinstalling the plugin nothing was working, but then I saw this thread and, like ekempen, downloaded the new .exe, used it to replace the one in my HS3 folder, restarted HS3, and after a while the log showed that it was creating entries in the .ini file.

After a further restart of HS3, all the devices are there. Brilliant.

If it keeps working until the end of the trial, I'll even pay for it

Comment

Latest version is now in the updater
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
          Latest version is now in the updater
          Is that the one you posted on this thread earlier?

There seems to be a serious problem, it has gone from not creating devices, to creating too many devices.

I have 10 physical thermostats, all were initially identified and devices created. At my next reboot, the plugin didn't find 6 of the devices, so created six new ones. After further reboots, I now have 23 devices, 10 linked to the thermostats through the plugin, another set that I've used in HS Touch, that aren't getting updated, so unfortunately the plugin is just unusable right now.

Comment

Just been looking at the plugin config, and saw
            "Honeywell Thermostat Max. failed pol count (0 to disable): <!-- jqTextBox oHoneywell1_MFPC--><INPUT id=oHoneywell1_MFPC value=12 name=Honeywell1_MFPC> (This is the maximum failed poll count of the thermostat)"

What does this do, and could it be part of the problem? Couldn't find any info in the documentation about this feature.

Comment

I have installed the plugin and it has created devices, however when I try to alter a zone I get;

Error
              Calling SetIOMulti in plugin IPThermostat:Object variable or With block variable not set.

Anybody got any idea why this might be happening?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelD View Post
                Just been looking at the plugin config, and saw
                "Honeywell Thermostat Max. failed pol count (0 to disable): <!-- jqTextBox oHoneywell1_MFPC--><INPUT id=oHoneywell1_MFPC value=12 name=Honeywell1_MFPC> (This is the maximum failed poll count of the thermostat)"

What does this do, and could it be part of the problem? Couldn't find any info in the documentation about this feature.
                This isn't used yet
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Plugin does not work

Rien,

over the last couple of days I have been trying to get the plugin to work in combination with an Honeywell EVO Home III setup. So far it is not working and I ran in to lots op problems. Let me try to describe what I have seen:

My Honeywell setup:
                  Zone 1: "Woonkamer" - this is zone contains both the touch screen and 3 radiator valves
                  Zone 2: "Dennis" - only one radiator valve
                  Zone 2: "Tim" - only one radiator valve
                  Zone 2: "Kantoor" - only one radiator valve

Setup:
                  When installing the plugin from the updater it installs version 3.4.3.0
                  After enabling the plugin I have enabled the Honeywell configuration and entered username and password

Problem 1: The devices are not created after enabling and configuring the plugin

I restarted HS3 and now the devices are created.

Problem 2: the plugin creates 6 devices while only four are expected, there are 2 duplicate devices
                  • ID 616 - Honeywell Evohome Zone:1 "Dennis" - Parent Root with 3 associated devices -
                  • ID 617 - Honeywell Evohome Zone:2 "Kantoor" - Child Dennis
                  • ID 618 - Honeywell Evohome Zone:3 "Tim" - Child Dennis Honeywell EvoHome Zone:1
                  • ID 619 - Honeywell Evohome Zone:4 "Woonkamer" - Child Dennis
                  • ID 612 - Honeywell Evohome Zone:1 "Dennis" - Parent Root with 3 associated devices
                  • ID 613 - Honeywell Evohome Zone:3 "Tim" - Child Dennis Honeywell EvoHome Zone:1

I have checked the hspi_IPThermostat.ini file and found the 612 and 613 devices are rogue and they are not listed in the INI file
                  [Settings]
                  Version=3.4.3.0
                  cb_debug_checked=1
                  [Honeywell]
                  cb_Honeywell1_checked=1
                  Honeywell1_userid= <REMOVED>
                  Honeywell1_Password= <REMOVED>
                  Honeywell1_RI=30000
                  Honeywell1_MFPC=12
                  Honeywell1_HSREF=616
                  Honeywell2_HSREF=617
                  Honeywell3_HSREF=618
                  Honeywell4_HSREF=619
                  Problem 3: Device type "parent" is not assigned correctly
                  ID 616 and 612 are configured as parent devices, this is not correct because these zones do NOT contain a EVO Home touch controller

Problem 4: Profile controle is not assigned to the parent device.
                  A profile drop down menu is only assigned to one of the parents (612)

Problem 5: Temperature drop down does not work.
                  When setting the temperature with the drop down menu, no settings are changed. A error message is created in the log file:

Calling SetIOMulti in plugin IPThermostat:Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

Problem 6: The "+" and "-" buttons do not work

Problem 7: Unable to communicate with Honeywell

Allthough communication with the Honeywell webservice is established (zone names are imported, correct temperature settings are shown in HS3) I frequently see the following error message in the debug log:

ERROR: Unable to communicate with HONEYWELL. Are you sure the username and password are correct? --> Error in doGet:The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

Troubleshooting steps taken
                  • I have fully uninstalled the plug in and manually deleted all devices and INI files and then reinstalled --> Did not improve the situation
                  • I have downloaded the updated version from your drop box and installed it --> Did not improve the situation

For now I am lost and confused. Lost because I cannot get it to work, confused that a plugin with these kind of errors is in the regular store.

Looking forward to a working plugin, let me know if you need additional info such as logs etc. (although reluctant to provide on the forum since it contains the Honeywell username and password in plain text...)

Help is appreciated!

Comment

Hi sent me your email adres in a PM and we handle this problem off-line
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

After the problem with duplicate devices being created, I took your advice and stopped the plugin, deleted all my devices, deleted the .ini file, restarted the plugin and configured it again.

Because this changed all the device IDs, I had to change a stack of HSTouch items, some scripts, and 40 events. But, I slogged through all that and things were fine for almost two weeks. Now, the plugin has again created a new device and switched to using that instead of the existing one.

At this point, its only one device, but I really don't have the energy to keep changing scripts, HST items and events to keep up with the plugin.

For me, the creation of new devices is causing the most pain, but I do also have fvhemert's problem with the 'parent' function. One of my radiators is given ownership of all the others, so the quick actions don't work for the home.

In summary, I have fvhemert's problems 1,2,3,4

Comment

Thanks Michael,

Thanks for the additional information, happy to see it is not a unique problem (makes troubleshooting a lot easier). I went the same route of deleting the devices and ini files and ended up with duplicate devices after several restarts.

I suspect if the problem with the zone ownership is corrected (zone "woonkamer" is assigned the EVOHome controller) many of the issues will go away.

I have an idea what might be causing this problem, it looks like the HS3 devices are created and named based on the order of creation on the EVOHome controller. I expect most people to first create the zone that has the EVOHome controller and later on add additional zones, this is however not what I did. I started with the zone called "Dennis", added the other zones and the last one I created was "Woonkamer"

FYI Rien has contacted me asking for my e-mail address to start an in-private troubleshooting session, I provided my details but have not heard since but I guess it is just a matter of time. As soon as we are underway I'll ask Rien to post the progress in this thread.

Francois

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                          Hi sent me your email adres in a PM and we handle this problem off-line
                          Hi Rien,

per your request I have sent you my e-mail address last week. Any idea when you will contact me? I would really like to have this plug in working and establish integration between HS3 and EVOHome.

Francois

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
                            Hi Rien,

per your request I have sent you my e-mail address last week. Any idea when you will contact me? I would really like to have this plug in working and establish integration between HS3 and EVOHome.

Francois
                            Just wondering, is this plugin still maintained and supported or.....?

Its been two weeks without any follow up.

Comment

I'm now up to 9 duplicate devices that the plugin has created, and it uses these instead of the ones I use in my events, so I've given up and disabled the plug-in.

I think we have to conclude that the plug-in isn't supported, or at least, not to the level that we'd want, so I'm out of the trial. Luckily I hadn't paid for the plug-in, would be really annoyed if I had.

IFTTT seems to work very well for controlling the thermostats, so I've moved across to that. Just need a way to get the temperatures from them, when I get a bit more time I'll look at the open source stuff that is out there and see what can be adapted for HS3

Comment

Michael,

I share your opinion on the status of the plug-in, I am really interested in buying it provided it works. For now I can only conclude it is abandoned and should be removed from the store because it does not work and is not supported.

Basically I am looking for a interface between HS and Honeywell to enable scenario's like "if security system is set to armed then set thermostat to away". Should not be that hard although the ever changing Honeywell API seems to be challenging

Although I am not familiar with IFTTT I will certainly have a look at it.

Additionally I hope the "Honeywell WiFi Thermostat" plugin by skWare might eventually be capable of managing Evohome, seems like most of the plumbing is already there.

Comment

Working...
                                X