Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't access Zee web pages - Solved!

Hi folks,
    I've been happily using the Hometroller Zee but recently we had a power failure and now I can't access the Zee from my browser.
    (I have the Zee on an APC surge protector).
    I have unplugged it several times, but no luck.
    It seems to still be controlling the lights etc. on schedule, but I can't access the web interface. I receive a connection time out in Chrome.

Can anyone suggest how I can reboot it, hopefully without having to do a hard reset and restore from backups (which I have)?

This is pretty old, has it been answered? I am guessing yes, but in case someone else looks at this with a similar problem...

I had a similar problem where I lost my username & password I had set for the web access. I called the helpdesk and they were able to get me going.

It sounds more like you lost the IP address and can't get anything. Perhaps DHCP has assigned a new IP. You should be able to look around in your router and find the IP address for the Zee and enter that on your browser address line. Mine is at 192.168.123.110:808. I put mine on port 808 so I can access it from the internet and it will not conflict with my other web pages.

Comment

Does using http://find.homeseer.com/ locate the hardware?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by JerryH View Post
        This is pretty old, has it been answered? I am guessing yes, but in case someone else looks at this with a similar problem...

I had a similar problem where I lost my username & password I had set for the web access. I called the helpdesk and they were able to get me going.

It sounds more like you lost the IP address and can't get anything. Perhaps DHCP has assigned a new IP. You should be able to look around in your router and find the IP address for the Zee and enter that on your browser address line. Mine is at 192.168.123.110:808. I put mine on port 808 so I can access it from the internet and it will not conflict with my other web pages.
        Thanks Jerry, but I ended up rebooting everything on my network, from the cable modem/router, switches, Zee, computers, TVs, - everything and anything on the network and left them off for over 10 seconds - and that seemed to be the "cure all".

Comment

Working...
        X