IP Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP Cameras

I know it has been discussed before but want to get the up to date information on the best cameras to use with HS3. I probably will use Blue Iris.

I have home run Cat 5e and power to the camera locations.

Any suggestions on type of cameras and sources. Would rather pay up front rather than junk.

Thanks
    DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

There is no best camera to use with Homeseer.

Homeseer supports Foscam IP cameras in Homeseer Touch (well now too RTSP).

Have a read over here about the variety of IP HD cameras / budgets.

CCTV Forum

CCTV UK

10 Recommended IP cameras 2015
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete,
      Will take a look. Want to take a step up from Foscam.
      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
      BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Here have older Optex combo's (PIR / Cameras) that are some 16 years old now and still looking good. I have updated the optics and thinking that I can fit IP HD boards now inside of these. (very modular construction).

Most recent IP HD cams here are Grandstream and DIY Grandstream boards (SIP is part of the OS) in Speco/Everfocus domes.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I have a couple of Hikvision camera's I'm testing and they integrate easily with HS3 and HSTouch. Well made also. I'm running POE. They're on the bench in my basement so not mounted and gone through the seasons outside yet but they appear well made and are easy to use. I have zoneminder and blue iris setup with the blue iris plugin. Still learning how to use BI and the BI plugin but this will likely be my ultimate setup and I'll shutdown zoneminder.

Comment

Originally posted by denisl View Post
            I have a couple of Hikvision camera's I'm testing and they integrate easily with HS3 and HSTouch. Well made also. I'm running POE. They're on the bench in my basement so not mounted and gone through the seasons outside yet but they appear well made and are easy to use. I have zoneminder and blue iris setup with the blue iris plugin. Still learning how to use BI and the BI plugin but this will likely be my ultimate setup and I'll shutdown zoneminder.
            I also have Hikvision 3MP cameras and I highly recommend them. I did not know they integrate with HS3 though, must add to my future project list....

I would like to know more about the integration once you fully explore the BI capabilities with HS3!

Comment

I use Dahua cameras with Blue Iris and its HomeSeer plugin. Works great. Dahua bullet and dome POE cameras can be found for about $100 each. Just be careful that you're getting the US version and not the Chinese camera with English firmware (those can't be upgraded). I also have a Hikvision camera arriving today that I will test, but its specs are very similar to the Dahua so I expect it will work well.
              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Thanks all.
                Looking towards Hikvision. It looks like many on Amazon are Chinese gray market so will probably buy from local US distributor if price isn't too much higher.
                DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Just got my Hikvision camera. Wow, what a disappointment! I paid just over $130 from Amazon (shipped and stocked in the US) and got a camera in plain cardboard packaging without even the MAC address shown anywhere, on the box or on the camera. I plugged it in and it power up but didn't request an IP address from DHCP (I did a packet capture on my DHCP server to be sure). I'd consult the manual, but it's only written in Chinese. Huge waste of time and money. It's going right back to Amazon.
                  HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                  Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                  Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                  Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                    Just got my Hikvision camera. Wow, what a disappointment! I paid just over $130 from Amazon (shipped and stocked in the US) and got a camera in plain cardboard packaging without even the MAC address shown anywhere, on the box or on the camera. I plugged it in and it power up but didn't request an IP address from DHCP (I did a packet capture on my DHCP server to be sure). I'd consult the manual, but it's only written in Chinese. Huge waste of time and money. It's going right back to Amazon.

I bought mine from B&H for exactly this reason. There didn't seem any reliable way to 100% confirm that the Amazon ones were US models. In fact many people (but not all) specifically said they'd received Chinese versions and had mixed experiences with those. B&H was a bit more expensive but I received US ones the day after ordering (I am quite close to them). I did have one that died after I had configured it, but before I had installed it and they sent me a replacement before they'd received the original one back.
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post

Lots of bad reviews on Amazon about Chinese gray market versions.
                      You can look for the IPs on the CCTV forum. DHCP is not turned on natively.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewforum.p...ac84c284b7e5f2

Good to know B&H sells US versions. Seems to be hit and miss on Amazon but mostly Chinese.
                      DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

I have purchased all of my new HD IP cameras from Security Camera 2000.

I have not had any issues to date with them in the last few years. Initially purchased IP HD boards then later IP HD cameras (all with Grandstream OS).

Security Camera 2000

I have had a couple of issues with Amazon over the last couple of months relating to purchasing items not as pictured or described. I have had no issues with returns to Amazon.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          I have purchased all of my new HD IP cameras from Security Camera 2000.

I have not had any issues to date with them in the last few years. Initially purchased IP HD boards then later IP HD cameras (all with Grandstream OS).

Security Camera 2000

I have had a couple of issues with Amazon over the last couple of months relating to purchasing items not as pictured or described. I have had no issues with returns to Amazon.
                          wow i like that site as in products and pricing!... thx
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                            wow i like that site as in products and pricing!... thx
                            I just checked the cameras I bought (Hikvision DS-2CD2532 POE with 2.8mm lens) and it's $188 on SC2000 and $180 on B&H (after logging in)
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                              I just checked the cameras I bought (Hikvision DS-2CD2532 POE with 2.8mm lens) and it's $188 on SC2000 and $180 on B&H (after logging in)
                              i use b&h ( have a canon 7d mark ii ) ...
                              my thing is a security camera page to see specs... not really vs price. still i shop around but gotcha...

so jersey shore huh...guess we could get together and talk z-wave over a beer when i go to the beach... as im 20 minutes from philly and 40 minutes from AC.

im off the ac expressway.. hah
                              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Working...
                              X