First Alert ZCOMBO-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randman View Post
    First Alert sells a hard-wired detector and a module that can be used between the detector and a Z-Wave device (like Aeon makes). I replaced an old hard wired detector and it’s great not to have to replace batteries!
    See this thread for more info:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...65&postcount=5

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Do they make the ZCombo-G in a hard-wired version?
      Not that I'm aware of. Though it would be nice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Click on the battery device and make sure the checkbox is unchecked to "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:"

It's possible the device is sending the same value (i.e. 100%) and if that checkbox is checked, you will not get an updated time.
        Yes they all had that checkmarked... thanks for that, didnt know that was even there.

Also, is there a way to display the Last Change Time & Day in HS Touch? I can only get the Status.

Thanks again!

Comment

I just installed 2 of these Z-ComboG units and I really like them. One of my wired smoke detector finally died so I installed two of these. Let the testing begin
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I just installed 2 of these Z-ComboG units and I really like them. One of my wired smoke detector finally died so I installed two of these. Let the testing begin
            HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
            Plugin's:
            BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
            EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
            weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I got the battery operated version here:
              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I recently introduced an alternative for people who didn't want to use a battery operated smoke/co detector. Although I use one.

But that said there is another way of getting an email or phone message or trip an alarm by using the device here.

https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/col...audio-detector

Comment

Do you still like these units? I'm thinking of purchasing two of them.
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

I have 5 of them throughout the house. Waiting for another sale at Amazon since last time they were less than $27 each.

Great units, excellent battery life. I started with one about 18 months ago and the batteries are still at 84%.

Comment

Does anyone know a way to silence the alarm through homeseer? We have one near the kitchen and it gets tripped all the time when we're frying. Would be nice to be able to silence it with voice instead of hoping on a chair.

Comment

I am trying to set up events to trigger a siren when smoke or CO is detected. The device shows the appropriate trigger values but when I select "Alarm Smoke" or "Alarm CO" the values aren't accepted, rather they become set to "Alarm Smoke Silenced" and "Alarm CO Silenced" respectively. Same thing if I use the numeric values.

Can anyone help?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
                          Does anyone know a way to silence the alarm through homeseer? We have one near the kitchen and it gets tripped all the time when we're frying. Would be nice to be able to silence it with voice instead of hoping on a chair.
                          Supposed to be able to silence it but I haven't had any luck with it. The alarm is supposed to be "awake" when going off and able to accept commands but it's never worked for me for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by politby View Post
                            I am trying to set up events to trigger a siren when smoke or CO is detected. The device shows the appropriate trigger values but when I select "Alarm Smoke" or "Alarm CO" the values aren't accepted, rather they become set to "Alarm Smoke Silenced" and "Alarm CO Silenced" respectively. Same thing if I use the numeric values.

Can anyone help?
                            clear your browser cache, make sure you're on the latest Z-Wave plug-in and try again. If it keeps misbehaving, you may need to re-include it into your network.

I just tried this on my system and it worked as expected. FYI

Comment

Do any of you guys have any issue with the heart beat not updating on your device? I just took mine down, removed it from my net work, added it back using Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.190 and it updated when first added and hasn't since. It's 6 feet from my Z-Stick. This unit has never updated the heart beat and I'm wondering if it's just a bad unit. Otherwise the devices works just fine.

Comment

Do any of you guys have any issue with the heart beat not updating on your device? I just took mine down, removed it from my net work, added it back using Z-Wave plugin 3.0.1.190 and it updated when first added and hasn't since. It's 6 feet from my Z-Stick. This unit has never updated the heart beat and I'm wondering if it's just a bad unit. Otherwise the devices works just fine.
                                Rupp, I have 4 of these units in my home, and all report a Heartbeat Acknowledged message usually every 60 to 75 minutes. I originally setup the heartbeat events with the timers that Mark posted a while back. This event lets me know at a glace hoe long it has been since the last heartbeat was received from each unit.

I have a number of notifications setup for these units and all work very well.

I am using HomeSeer 3.0.0.460 with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.130
                                Billy

Comment

Working...
                                X