Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get a published HS value as subscribed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a published HS value as subscribed?

Attached Files

Are you trying to publish when HS device changes or are you trying to subscribe to a topic that was published elsewhere? I dont understand why you would subscribe to a topic that you published.

If you have an existing HS device and you want it to Publish then use the Outbound (Publish) table. If have a topic to which you want HS to subscribe and have Device updated as the Payload changes then use the Inbound (Subscribe) table.

If you have a Device that is subscribed and you want this device to also publish then enter the Topic on which to publish in the Inbound (Subscribe) table. In your screen shot you have two different HS devices. For this single device command out, status back scenario they will be to the same HS device.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.
      What I'm trying to do is to outbound a device (RFXCOM) in to another device. (inbound)
      I know it seems stupid but I had around 20 devices I did this to. In that case I used the other MQTT plugin.
      Like yours plugin better because I started to use some Sonoff devices and also getting status from my EV Nissan Leaf where the payload is in JSON.

Don't want to run 2 plugins for MQTT and I hope tat HS will start to develop the HSToch client for Linux. Then I don't need this stupid thing with two devices to be able to show the value on HST linux client.

Why I need to do this?
      Can't get the LINUX HSTouch client to update the values of RFXCOM or a Z-wave device, strange. The values freezes or updates very slowly. can take hours sometimes.
      The values always updates fast on a device who has data from MQTT.
      Attached Files

Comment

I want to make certain I understand totally.

You have a RFXCOM plugin that will report a sensor update and you want to publish this via MQTT. For example publish on mcsMQTT/RFXCOM/Temp from Device Ref 100.

You then want to subscribe to mcsMQTT/RFXCOM/Temp and mcsMQTT will create Device Ref 200. Device 200 will then have what is sent by Device 100 and Device 200 Device Value will have changed. You will use this Device Value change to do something related to HSTouch.

You have not had good operation trying to have Device 100 provide HSTouch input.

Am I correct on my understanding?

Comment

Based upon my understanding I provided an option to have published messages not excluded from subscriptions. I should have it available tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            I want to make certain I understand totally.

You have a RFXCOM plugin that will report a sensor update and you want to publish this via MQTT. For example publish on mcsMQTT/RFXCOM/Temp from Device Ref 100.

You then want to subscribe to mcsMQTT/RFXCOM/Temp and mcsMQTT will create Device Ref 200. Device 200 will then have what is sent by Device 100 and Device 200 Device Value will have changed. You will use this Device Value change to do something related to HSTouch.

You have not had good operation trying to have Device 100 provide HSTouch input.

Am I correct on my understanding?
            Yes, that is correct!

Comment

Version 3.2.1.2.1 has the echo implemented and available to see if it does what you want.

Comment

Working...
              X