No announcement yet.

Auto Update the Omni Panel Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What specfic model and version did you purchase? Are you going to install OpenWRT on it?

Read this on installing OpenWRT.

Nexx WT3020

I'm assuming the local LAN goes in the WAN port and the Omni connects to the LAN port on the router?

yes

You can be very flexible with the IPs. I left the WAN side IP as the old Omni IP so that I did not have to reconfigure Omnitouch IP's, CCTV, Omni Plugin and other stuff pointing to the Omni.

what about the NAT & DHCP settings of the mini router?

Yeah disable DHCP on the LAN side. Disable wireless (uses less power).

It is up to you how you want your WAN side to be. I configured it here with a static IP address on the WAN to be part of the main LAN.

So here I made the new WAN IP the same as the old Omni Pro ethernet IP and changed the OmniPro IP to a new IP that matches the new LAN side of the router.

I port forward 80, 22 and 4369. Note: this was for OpenWRT and PCA access and SSH access.
    For OpenWRT you can update or add plugins via the web interface or command line interface.

I left the LAN side IP and subnet as default and shut off DHCP

192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0, gateway at 192.168.1.1

Changed the Omni IP to 192.168.1.2

All IPV6 is off on LAN/WAN sides.

Note that this device has now been up over a year and doing fine.
    Last edited by Pete; March 24, 2018, 09:27 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      What specfic model and version did you purchase? Are you going to install OpenWRT on it?

Read this on installing OpenWRT.

Nexx WT3020

I'm assuming the local LAN goes in the WAN port and the Omni connects to the LAN port on the router?

yes

You can be very flexible with the IPs. I left the WAN side IP as the old Omni IP so that I did not have to reconfigure Omnitouch IP's, CCTV, Omni Plugin and other stuff pointing to the Omni.

what about the NAT & DHCP settings of the mini router?

Yeah disable DHCP on the LAN side. Disable wireless (uses less power).

It is up to you how you want your WAN side to be. I configured it here with a static IP address on the WAN to be part of the main LAN.

So here I made the new WAN IP the same as the old Omni Pro ethernet IP and changed the OmniPro IP to a new IP that matches the new LAN side of the router.

I port forward 80, 22 and 4369. Note: this was for OpenWRT and PCA access and SSH access.
      For OpenWRT you can update or add plugins via the web interface or command line interface.

I left the LAN side IP and subnet as default and shut off DHCP

192.168.1.1, 255.255.255.0, gateway at 192.168.1.1

Changed the Omni IP to 192.168.1.2

All IPV6 is off on LAN/WAN sides.

Note that this device has now been up over a year and doing fine.
      Thanks Pete! I'll report back after I receive the micro router and get everything working.
      <style></style>

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        Thanks Pete! I'll report back after I receive the micro router and get everything working.
        <style></style>
        Got the router suggested NEXX WT3020
        • No option to turn off wireless
        • No option to port forward

At least that I could find under regular or advanced settings

<style></style>

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
          Got the router suggested NEXX WT3020
          • No option to turn off wireless
          • No option to port forward

At least that I could find under regular or advanced settings

<style></style>
          I loaded the latest OpenWRT firmware and I'm now able to do what I need (so far.)
          <style></style>

Comment

Good news avpman.

Don't recall if I ever used the built in Nexx WT3020 firmware and here immediately went to using OpenWRT. Same here for the TP-Link and GL-AR300M microrouters that I am tinkering with.

The GL-AR300M microrouter has the companies GUI and OpenWRT on it.

That too is the same for the Securifi combo touchscreen WAP, Router, automation box.

Next steps are to:

1 - configure a small network on the LAN side shutting off DHCP
            2 - you can leave the WAN side to using DHCP or create a static DHCP address or use a static IP address for your main network. Ideally you want to give it your current Omni Pro ethernet address.
            3 - Configure pass through ports of 80, 22 and Omni Pro port.
            4 - configure you OmniPro IP address to one on the LAN side of the new microrouter.

End result is that you will be accessing your OP2 with the same IP as before and your time should remain stable without having to sync it multiple times in a day.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Good news avpman.

Don't recall if I ever used the built in Nexx WT3020 firmware and here immediately went to using OpenWRT. Same here for the TP-Link and GL-AR300M microrouters that I am tinkering with.

The GL-AR300M microrouter has the companies GUI and OpenWRT on it.

That too is the same for the Securifi combo touchscreen WAP, Router, automation box.

Next steps are to:

1 - configure a small network on the LAN side shutting off DHCP
              2 - you can leave the WAN side to using DHCP or create a static DHCP address or use a static IP address for your main network. Ideally you want to give it your current Omni Pro ethernet address.
              3 - Configure pass through ports of 80, 22 and Omni Pro port.
              4 - configure you OmniPro IP address to one on the LAN side of the new microrouter.

End result is that you will be accessing your OP2 with the same IP as before and your time should remain stable without having to sync it multiple times in a day.
              3 - Configure pass through ports of 80, 22, 4389 and Omni Pro port. Which Omni pro port, its LAN port?
              <style></style>

Comment

Yes

Ports

80 - used for management of the OpenWRT router - inside gateway address
                22 - used for ssh access to OpenWRT - inside gateway address
                4389 - used for managment access to OpenWRT - OP2 inside IP address
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yes

Ports

80 - used for management of the OpenWRT router - inside gateway address
                  22 - used for ssh access to OpenWRT - inside gateway address
                  4389 - used for managment access to OpenWRT - OP2 inside IP address
                  What is "inside gateway address?" Is it the "Lan" address of the Omni connected to the Lan port on the router? Sorry for my thickheadness.
                  <style></style>

Comment

Inside gateway address relates to the Lan side of the firewall. All you have on the Lan is the OP2.

Decide on a subnet or leave it at default and change the IP of the OP2 to be in that subnet.

Here still have one keypad online. Use the kepad to change the IP of the OP2.

Then change the IP of the wan side to match the old ip of the OP2.

Provide me with your current OP2 IP and will write a step by step here.

You can configure the microrouter with the LAN port plugged in to a Laptop or desktop not touching your OP2 in the beginning.
                    Last edited by Pete; April 10, 2018, 11:29 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Inside gateway address relates to the Lan side of the firewall. All you have on the Lan is the OP2.

Decide on a subnet or leave it at default and change the IP of the OP2 to be in that subnet.

Here still have one keypad online. Use the kepad to change the IP of the OP2.

Then change the IP of the wan side to match the old ip of the OP2.

Provide me with your current OP2 IP and will write a step by step here.

You can configure the microrouter with the LAN port plugged in to a Laptop or desktop not touching your OP2 in the beginning.
                      Current OP IP is 192.168.1.30
                      Once the micro router is configured and working in between the LAN and OP is there any way to get into its web setup interface? Or do I need to take out the LAN (OP side) and connect it to a PC (which is how I am configuring it now) or plug that cable into the LAN?
                      Thanks!
                      <style></style>

Comment

1 - configure the micro router first by plugging in to the LAN port of a laptop or computer (not a switch).

2 - it will do dhcp by default and the OpenWRT user name and password are:
                        Username: admin or root
                        Password: password

3 - change you admin/root password first. Give the microrouter a name if you want.

4 - Looking at mine I left it LAN at the default subnet which is:
                        192.168.1.0 / 24
                        Optional here to shut off DHCP as you do not need it for the OP2
                        Well mine is a different subnet and it is not good to have the same subnets so change the LAN to
                        192.168.2.0 (swap the 1 for a 2).

5 - Go to the WAN interface and configure it with a static IP of 192.168.1.30
                        Put in your current LAN gateway address (main LAN router) and DNS.
                        Disconnect your OP2 ethernet cable. Save and apply settings.

6 - Go to the Network tab and Firewall section.

7 - Enable SYN-flood protection - yes

8 - Input, output and forward are accept , accept and accept.

9 - Go to the port forwards tab

10 - configure some rules
                        A - Name=WAN-80
                        match - any host in WAN via any router IP at port 80
                        Forward to - any host port 80 in LAN
                        B - Name=WAN-22
                        match - any host in WAN via any router IP at port 22
                        Forward to - any host port 22 in LAN
                        C - Name=WAN-4369
                        match - any host in WAN via any router IP at port 22
                        Forward IP 192.168.2.30, port 4369 in lan
                        NOTE: 192.168.2.30 is your new OP2 IP
                        D - save and apply

11 - shut down the microrouter.

12 - plug the WAN port to any switch on your main network

13 - go to IP 192.168.1.30 via your browser on any computer. You will be presented with the OpenWRT web gui login.

If you want to try SSH give it a go.

14 - Using your HAI / Omni Keypad reconfigure your OP2 IP from 192.168.1.30 to 192.168.2.30

15 - plug in the LAN port on your Microrouter to the OP2 LAN port.

16 - plug in the WAN port on your Microrouter to a LAN port on a switch which is on the main network.

17 - use the OpenWRT GUI to validate that the network is up.

18 - as you are using the same old IP on your WAN port of the Microrouter the OmniPlugin will work as before as well as any cameras, ethernet touchscreens.

Tell me if I have missed anything...well the testing will be in the pudding of what you do. IE: the Omni Plugin should connect fine to the same IP as before.
                        Last edited by Pete; April 10, 2018, 12:19 PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                        X