www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill Discussions regarding HomeSeer's Amazon Echo Skill

Old April 18th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewkearns View Post
I spoke only to Tech Support and then emailed them my thanks for getting me going, again. They responded that my email had been forwarded to an engineer. So, if Tech Support didn't follow up with a conversation, there would be none to remember.

Shall I send you a file? Which one(s)?

Yeah, I was kinda hoping to add the locks and drop the "Alexa tell..." stuff.
The file you want to send me is the .hsd file you're currently using for HomeSeer. (the default file name is HomeSeerData.hsd)

It will be located in the data folder of your HomeSeer application folder.

You can also use the 'Backup Config' button in settings to have HomeSeer save it to your PC..., then you can send that to me as an attachment in a private message.

website | products | support | youtube
I know nothing...., nothing!!!
Old April 18th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

The only thing these devices have in common is they are all Hue bulbs using JowiHue plugin. I went and looked at their device and they don't have "dimmable" selected and neither did they have "light" so I selected light and did a discover in alexa.

No change.

However this time when it asked "which one do you want" I simply said Family Room and it turned EVERYTHING on...
Old April 18th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
The file you want to send me is the .hsd file you're currently using for HomeSeer. (the default file name is HomeSeerData.hsd)
Either I've lost my mind (entirely likely), or the ability to add an "attachment" is not showing up in either email or PM!

Enabled Plug-Ins:
2.0.54.0: BLBackup | 3.0.14.0: BLLock | 2.0.22.0: BLUPS | 1.2.2.0: Device History | 3.0.3.9: MeiHarmony Hub | 3.0.0.46 Easy Trigger | 3.0.1.90: PHLocation | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.83: weatherXML | 3.0.1.210: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+
Old April 18th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewkearns View Post
Either I've lost my mind (entirely likely), or the ability to add an "attachment" is not showing up in either email or PM!
I had the same issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old April 18th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Seer Master

It looks like Amazon may have made some 'adjustments' to their code that can affect what kind of naming you can have.

I've found that if you have a device named 'front lamp', and a device named 'front porch lamp', it can't recognize the 'front lamp' device as a unique name.

(it say there's more than one device with that name)

If you rename the second to just 'porch light', then it works correctly.

Hopefully, Amazon will realize what they've done and correct this at some point.

In the meantime, the echo request will fail before it can be processed if you use those kind of naming conventions.
Old April 18th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
It looks like Amazon may have made some 'adjustments' to their code that can affect what kind of naming you can have.

I've found that if you have a device named 'front lamp', and a device named 'front porch lamp', it can't recognize the 'front lamp' device as a unique name.

(it say there's more than one device with that name)

If you rename the second to just 'porch light', then it works correctly.

Hopefully, Amazon will realize what they've done and correct this at some point.

In the meantime, the echo request will fail before it can be processed if you use those kind of naming conventions.
It's always good when they "fix" or "improve" things and it breaks things for everyone else.