X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error code: 10047

Can you tell me what this means please

Trying to reconnect to SqueezeCenter
    Communication error upon Connect: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used (Error code: 10047)

I can see the settings in squeze center and homeseer ok.

Originally posted by Cloud 9 Entertainment View Post
    Can you tell me what this means please

Trying to reconnect to SqueezeCenter
    Communication error upon Connect: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used (Error code: 10047)

I can see the settings in squeze center and homeseer ok.
    The error code 10047 is the WinSock error code; I added it to make it easier to track problems. Below is what the Microsoft web site mentions about this error code (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms740668(VS.85).aspx):

"Address family not supported by protocol family.

An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used. All sockets are created with an associated address family (that is, AF_INET for Internet Protocols) and a generic protocol type (that is, SOCK_STREAM). This error is returned if an incorrect protocol is explicitly requested in the socket call, or if an address of the wrong family is used for a socket, for example, in sendto."

• Do the computers you are using have any non standard TCP/IP setup?
    • Do you see this error all the time or only after initial installation?
    • Does the HS2 status page display the devices for the connection (device name = status) and is it in the connected state? Do you see devices for your players and can you for example turn them on or off from the status page?

Comment

You lost me on the first bit

I am using the squeezebbox and hs2 on the same computer.
      The error is all the time.
      I only see 4 squeezebox things - Status is not connected & no devices displayed

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud 9 Entertainment View Post
        You lost me on the first bit

I am using the squeezebbox and hs2 on the same computer.
        The error is all the time.
        I only see 4 squeezebox things - Status is not connected & no devices displayed
        The problem is a network communication problem between HS2 and Squeezecenter. I assume you configured the HS2 plug-in and SqueezeCenter plug-in; see documentation in <hs2-directory>\html\SqueezeBox\SqueezeBoxPlugin.pdf for details) if need be. Which operating system , HS2 version and SqueezeCenter version are you using?

Does the computer have a network card and configured to talk to other devices on the network (Internet for example, SqueezeBox players)?

Also try the following to start dissociating problems: open a DOS shell and enter the command "telnet localhost 9090" (Assuming default installation) and press return. After that, enter "listen 1" (no echo while you type and until you press return). Once you pressed enter, use the remote of any squeezebox player and press a few buttons; you should see some output in the DOS shell. If you don't or the telnet command returned an error, SqueezeCenter or the TCP/IP stack on that computer is not configure correctly.</hs2-directory>

Comment

PCP,

I'm also getting repeated 10047 Error messages. I'm running both HS2 and SqueezeCenter on a Vista machine, both applications working fine individuallly. I attempted to Telnet into port 9090 without luck, so I'm suspecting that it's a Vista comms issue somewhere... Can you think of anywhere else I might try to debug this?

-John

Comment

If "telnet <hostname> 9090" (assuming default ports) does not work, the HS2 plugin will also not be able to connect. Check the port your SqueezeCenter is using on the wb page "Settings > Advanced [tab] > Command Line Interface (CLI) [selection in drop down list]. Also check in the page "Settings > Plugins" that "Command Line Interface (CLI)" is checked (should be grayed out as always on and first one on list on my system. Also check your firewall to see if it blocks connections for port 9090.

Comment

pcp,

The CLI port was set correctly and the plugin is installed (grayed out check box). I reset the HS2 host name in the HS plugin to use "Localhost" (I had changed it to the machines IP address in hopes of solving the issue yesterday) and turned on Debug and Verbose Debug... The following is from the HS log:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Trying to reconnect to SqueezeCenter</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Entered DisconnectFromSlimServer().</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entered SetDeviceValue(). Setting Device ]1, Value: 2</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Entered SetDeviceValueAndString(). Setting Device ]2, Value: 0, String: Unknown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entered SetDeviceValueAndString(). Setting Device ]3, Value: 0, String: Unknown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Entered SetDeviceValueAndString(). Setting Device ]4, Value: 0, String: 0 players</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Entered ConnectToSlimServer(). Host: http://localhost Port: 9090</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Entered tcpClient_onError in Connect: No such host is known (Error code: 11001)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>Communication error upon Connect: No such host is known (Error code: 11001)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/18/2009 11:55:13 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>An unexpected error occured in the Connect function/subroutine: [System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name) at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6) at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hs_socket_io.Connect(String RemoteHostName, Int32 RemotePort, Boolean usesSizePrefixedMsg, Boolean useASyncIO)]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

For some reason it can't talk to port 9090...

-John

Comment

pcp,

I realized that when I set the host name back to "Localhost" I added "http://" to the name, which resulted in the 11001 Error. After removing the "http://" from the host name and just listing "Localhost" I'm back getting the orginal 10047 error:

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/19/2009 12:14:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Communication error upon Connect: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used (Error code: 10047)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/19/2009 12:14:11 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SqueezeBox Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>An unexpected error occured in the Connect function/subroutine: [System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.InternalBind(EndPoint localEP) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnectEx(EndPoint remoteEP, Boolean flowContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginConnect(EndPoint remoteEP, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) at HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.hs_socket_io.Connect(String RemoteHostName, Int32 RemotePort, Boolean usesSizePrefixedMsg, Boolean useASyncIO)]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Additional Information:

Firewall is Off
                SC version is 7.3.1 (latest, just installed)

-John
                Last edited by johnoc; January 19, 2009, 02:20 AM. Reason: Update for Systems Information

Comment

Can you try to use the ip address instead (127.0.0.1) instead? Also try "telnet 127.0.0.1 9090" from a DOS shell to ensure it can connect to the SqueezeCenter CLI interface. If the telnet does not succeed there is still a network configuration/communication problem and the HS2 plugin will not be able to connect. This will avoid any DNS resolution if that is not configured somehow.

Comment

I just tried Telneting into 127.0.0.1 and still can not open the connection, so it's definately not talking to the CLI side of SC. It's strange, I've had no other issues with this setup before... I'm new to SC (just purchased my first Boom last week), so I'm not that familiar with it, but I do have Softsqueeze talking to it from several machines (including a Windows 7 Beta machine). I just can't seem to talk to the CLI port (again, double checked and no firewall is active currently).

Comment

I have the same issue on 2003 server. CLI is active and on port 9090. No firewall is active

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                        Can you try to use the ip address instead (127.0.0.1) instead? Also try "telnet 127.0.0.1 9090" from a DOS shell to ensure it can connect to the SqueezeCenter CLI interface. If the telnet does not succeed there is still a network configuration/communication problem and the HS2 plugin will not be able to connect. This will avoid any DNS resolution if that is not configured somehow.
                        When i type telnet 127.0.0.1 9090 what response should i get? I get a empty console, if I type ? I get a response %3F

Jon

Comment

I just realized that Telnet was actually connecting (even if it never indacated it was). With the HS plugin active, the Telnet session replies version 7.3.1 if I enter "version ?". I also took your suggestion to use the "Listen 1" commend and did see data arriving when using the remote on the squeezebox. So CLI is receiving the data, but the HS plug in still can't connect with the 10047 Error Code.... Do you have any suggestions from here where we might check?

Comment

Originally posted by johnoc View Post
                            I just realized that Telnet was actually connecting (even if it never indacated it was). With the HS plugin active, the Telnet session replies version 7.3.1 if I enter "version ?". I also took your suggestion to use the "Listen 1" commend and did see data arriving when using the remote on the squeezebox. So CLI is receiving the data, but the HS plug in still can't connect with the 10047 Error Code.... Do you have any suggestions from here where we might check?
                            johnoc,

I got the same - I posted on the Slimdevices forum and they talked me through confirming that Telnet is working on 9090 - which it is. But, the HS cannot connect 10047 Error code

Jon

Comment

Jon,

I saw your post on the Slimdevices forum and it actually helped me determine it was working on my end as well...

Thanks for posting it overthere.

-John

Comment

Working...
                              X