Feature Request: Volume Mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request: Volume Mapping

I'd like to be able to control volum via infraref using a Duet Combo. Currently, I can control both power, input and volume of one of my AV receivers that is connected to my SqueezeBox 3 using the IR plugin for that device (a non-HS related plugin). It works great. It allows me to leave my SB3 at a fixed volume (via its setting) but still have it pass on volume commands recieved via it's IR remote or via the SqueezeCenter interface (or, idirectly via the HS plugin!).

I'd like this replicated with the Duet, using the HS plugin as an intermediate. All it would require is a trigger based on increase or decrese of the duet receiver's volume (actually, based on a command from a controller or squeezecenter to increase/decrease the Duet Receiver's volume, since it will be fixed via setting). This trigger can then be used to send an IR command via HomeSeer.

I'd use this to control the volume of my Zone 2 amplifier. When I'm outside, my Duet Controller can penetrate the walls to relay commands, but my IR remotes cannot. This would be an awesome feature!

Thanks again!
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Are you using the IR Blaster SqueezeCenter plug-in for the SB3 to implement this functionality? If the SB3 is connected to the hifi system you are targetting, you can use the Duet controller to control the SB3 as well (from outside) and not just the Duet receiver.

As long as the Duet controller continues sending the CLI commands to change the volume, the plug-in could intercept them (maybe currently out of the box or with changes). I haven't tried it (and not close to my Duet controller), but do you know if the Duet controller still sends the volume commands even if set to a fixed amount at the output? If this is the case, you might be able to use the plug-in to learn that IR command (after enabling the IR support) and trigger an event that could than implement any logic to forward it to your hifi system.

Comment

I have 3 duet receivers + 3 controllers, 5 booms and an SB3. I already have a solution for the IR/volume control for the SB3. The booms are a non-issue, and 2 of the 3 duet receivers have variable volume enabled becuase they're connected to fixed-volume amps. The final duet receiver, which is shared between my living room and back yard, is set a FIXED volume becuase I can control the volume for its 2 zones (living room and back yard) independantly, but not from outside (no IR support outside). I know I can use any duet controller to control any of my SlimDevices (Receiver, Sb3 or Boom) and do it often to adjust stuff in "other" rooms.

I do not use the IR feature of the SB plugin, becuase I use an Ocelot for IR, so my events would use the Ocelot to send IR. bottom line, sending IR is a non-issue.

The basic request is, as you stated, for the plugin to capture the controller sending volume up/down commands to a specifc receiver. Once captured, it can be used as an event trigger to do whatever I want, in this case, send an IR commad using the Ocelot plugin...
      John
      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

This should actually be quite easy to implement with the current versions of the plug-in based on my tests. I set the output volume of the Duet receiver to "fixed at 100%" and when I change the volume using the Duet controller, it still generates the volume commands; therefore the HS2 device that displays the volume of your Duet player still changes as you change it using the Duet remote. You can use regular HS2 event triggers to detect that a device value changed and use a script or action to send the desired IR command.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
          You can use regular HS2 event triggers to detect that a device value changed and use a script or action to send the desired IR command.
          I had tried that already, but there is not the right kind of trigger available. The trigger needs to be "decreases" or "increases" from any value. Unless I'm missing something, the right trigger is not available. Maybe I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Also, it would be better for the trigger to be based on the controler volume up command rather than the receiver current volume, becuase it's likely that HS will think the controller is already at 100% (since it usually is) and not respond to an intened volume up trigger.
          John

Comment

Working...
          X