Soil moisture sensor supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To increase the range:
    Replace the coil antenna inside the soil sensor by a 17.5 cm wire.
    Drill a small hole in the top of the sensor (where the coil was) for the wire,
    Make the sensor water tight again with some silicone sealant.

Comment

Hello Al,

I have replaced the coil antenna for a wire ant with a length of 17,5 cm
      This is made from a thin wire pen so the wire is very thin.
      so no modification is made to the case.

Ed

Comment

Comment

The HS2 plug-in is frozen and new devices are only added to the HS3 plug-in.

Comment

Originally posted by ESSCHENK View Post
            Hello Al,

I have replaced the coil antenna for a wire ant with a length of 17,5 cm
            This is made from a thin wire pen so the wire is very thin.
            so no modification is made to the case.

Ed
            Thanks Ed, do you have any pictures on how you placed the antenna inside the case. Just curious as to how you fit that in there.

Thanks
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Aside from range issues, how are those who have them liking them so far?

Comment

I haven't had a chance to do much testing with it yet, but the one I have doesn't look like it's too accurate. It reports in the high 90's in pretty much any kind of soil.

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Important: put the sensor in the ground with the line on the surface. If you put the sensor to the body in the ground it will indicate always high values above 90%.

For more user comments see http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9722

Comment

Hi all,

Moving the moisture meter up a bit (not as far in the ground) did the trick. I'm now getting good readings that seem to be consistent with the actual moisture levels. Next steps are to automatically inhibit my sprinkler system when the soil moisture is above a certain level, and to find a couple more of the sensors as the eBay seller is out of stock and doesn't expect any in any time soon.

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Located in France
                      http://www.plantcaretools.com/en/web...nsor-en-detail

Comment

Comment

Some news
                          I bought 2 of them 2 months ago from England (did not know about the french supplier), RFXcom RfxTrx sees them nicely about 5m direct view indoor.
                          One never worked (temp sensor ok, but humidity sensor remained to 5% what ever water drench i put on its head...)
                          The second one is working, giving me a relative trend on soil moisture. From experience I give my potted plant water when moisture level reaches 65%, then moisture ramps up to 85%. I plot every hour with a script (HS3). I chart with Dygraphs. So far so good with initial batteries. It does not like to change from pot to pot on the fly, connection may be lost for some moments.
                          I have a Koubachi near by which has a better sensing range, but it is not intended to be queryed that often (only one com per day to save energy).
                          My general feeling is that the concept is good but the implementation is lacking in quality related to a low-end price. I am looking the market for other devices, or diy... all suggestions welcome.

Jean Marc
                          Last edited by jmj09; August 16, 2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

http://www.tuinadvies.be/shop/product.php?id=4264

Comment

Just a quick update, they arrived yesterday, so basically ten days from France to western Canada.

Cheers
                              Al

Comment

Which options need to be turned on in the receiver? I currently only have Oregon Scientific. Which type does this Imagintronix sensor fall into?

Comment

Working...
                                X