Excessive CPU usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excessive CPU usage

I have been chasing a problem with excessive CPU usage on HS3 --- this has led to some horrible reaction time on events. After a lot of trouble shooting (I was initially looking at my events), I started shutting down plug-ins. While HSPI_VWS itself doesn't use much CPU (0-5%), when I shut down the plugin, my HS3 CPU usage goes down from a range of 60-80% down to about 10-15%. Something in the plugin is causing excessive HS3 CPU, which is causing my event processing to be delayed in some cases by up to 30 seconds, compared to triggering the same events with the VWS plugin disabled.

Any thoughts? I have it configured to poll the csv file every 5 seconds and the dbase file every 120 seconds (thought changing those numbers seems to have little or no effect on the CPU utilization).

I was hoping you'd have some thoughts on this!

Comment

Not sure whats happening, I will check the cpu here, but didn't notice any degradation. Let do some testing and and get back to you. I had a new version ready for uploader, but will hold off until I figure this out.
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Not sure whats happening, I will check the cpu here, but didn't notice any degradation. Let me do some testing and and get back to you. I had a new version ready for uploader, but will hold off until I figure this out.
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Hi Larry,
          I just downloaded whatever is on the updater (noticed I had an older version) and I think the CPU issue has gone away. My CPU is still all over the map, but it spends a lot of its time near zero (which was not happening before), and I suspect the spikes are not VWS any more. I have too many plug-ins running right now to easily isolate the CPU user, but I saw no noticeable change when I enabled VWS. Don't know if you changed something in 3.0.0.19, or if something also changed on my system, but for now all looks good.

(Guess I'll go pay for it while it is still working well and my 30 days hasn't expired )

Thanks,
          Pete

Comment

i am having a similar issue with the latest verison 3.0.0.21 where without the plugin my cpu load is in the 10% range, with it running I go to above 80% steady. I tried changing the interval for csv and database loads all the way to 45 seconds with no improvement. any ideas?

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com View Post
            I have been chasing a problem with excessive CPU usage on HS3 --- this has led to some horrible reaction time on events. After a lot of trouble shooting (I was initially looking at my events), I started shutting down plug-ins. While HSPI_VWS itself doesn't use much CPU (0-5%), when I shut down the plugin, my HS3 CPU usage goes down from a range of 60-80% down to about 10-15%. Something in the plugin is causing excessive HS3 CPU, which is causing my event processing to be delayed in some cases by up to 30 seconds, compared to triggering the same events with the VWS plugin disabled.

Any thoughts? I have it configured to poll the csv file every 5 seconds and the dbase file every 120 seconds (thought changing those numbers seems to have little or no effect on the CPU utilization).

Comment

Originally posted by vince954 View Post
              i am having a similar issue with the latest verison 3.0.0.21 where without the plugin my cpu load is in the 10% range, with it running I go to above 80% steady. I tried changing the interval for csv and database loads all the way to 45 seconds with no improvement. any ideas?
              I am going to try a couple of experiments this weekend. The only thing I can think of might be the DotNet version that it is compiled in. I have noticed other issues when using some of the latest DotNet versions from MS.
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

any news?

did you find the cause? would love to have this plugin enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by vince954 View Post
                  did you find the cause? would love to have this plugin enabled.
                  even with the latest version using this plugin takes my cup usage to 90% the plugin is set to update every 30 seconds which should not be excesive, any ideas?

Comment

wrong temperature rate values

Hello Larry,
                    After two years that I use the plugin WVS in my home automation system I believe that is the most important plugin to manage the confort in every smart house. I resolved the issue about excessive CPU usage on HS3 working only with file CSV and not with dbbase . In this way the system doesn't work with all 105 values but only with 36. The CPU is in the range 70-80%.
                    However the issue that never been resolved is the reading about some values like : Channel 1 Temp Rate , Channel 2 Temp Rate, Channel 3 Temp Rate. In attached you can see that these values are equal but if you look in the VWS there is not so. Pheraps the firt can be rigth but the others two no. From last month I use one script taken in the forum with which is possible easy compare two value inside interface events and sometimes I should need to use these "temp rate values" but now these values are errate
                    can you look it please
                    Thanks
                    Massimo-RenderCAD
                    Enabled Plug-Ins
                    3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
                    1.0.0.85: Arduino Plugin
                    0.0.0.39: Current Cost 3P
                    0.0.0.3: Device Comparison 3P
                    3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server
                    3.0.0.11: NetCAM
                    1.0.0.3: Restart
                    3.0.0.21: VWS
                    3.0.1.83: Z-Wave
                    Attached Files

Comment

Checking...
                      -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Hi Larry.
                        If this can be usefull, my software VWS is V15.00 p05 Internet Edition. One other information but I dont't kwnow if this is important about the incorrect values downloaded in the HS3PRO ( post 10): my weather station is OREGON WMRS200
                        Thanks

Massimo RenderCAD
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.293 - Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station Number of Devices: 301, Number of Events: 167, Available Threads: 200
                        Enabled Plug-Ins
                        3.0.14.0: BLMediaPlayer
                        2.0.5.0: BLVolume
                        0.0.0.39: Current Cost 3P
                        3.0.0.35: Current Cost
                        3.0.0.27: EasyTrigger
                        3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server
                        3.0.0.11: NetCAM
                        1.0.0.3: Restart
                        3.0.0.21: VWS
                        3.0.1.83: Z-Wave
                        Last edited by RenderCAD; August 7, 2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lpitman View Post
                          Checking...
                          Hello Larry
                          Did you find the solution about incorrect values ? (Channel 1 Temp Rate , Channel 2 Temp Rate, Channel 3 Temp Rate)
                          thanks

Massimo - RenderCAD

Comment

VWS-temp rate

hello
                            The problem that I reported long time ago, has been resolved? How I said in the past, the possibility to analize some conditions about termic confort through the use of the temp rate values is very important

Thanks
                            Massimo RenderCAD

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            2.0.3.0: BLDatabase
                            3.0.14.0: BLMediaPlayer
                            2.0.5.0: BLVolume
                            3.0.0.21: Buienradar
                            0.0.0.40: Current Cost 3P
                            3.0.0.35: Current Cost