X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeedom Plugin Description and Release Notes

Description :

This plug-in is designed to allow HS3 to monitor and control Jeedom equipments.
    Bring your home automation system to the next level by combining the power of HomeSeer HS3 and Jeedom.
    Jeedom is an open source home automation solution that can be installed on:
    • A Raspberry Pi 1 or 2
    • A Hummingboard i1, i2 ou i4
    • A Synology NAS
    • Any system based on Linux (Debian is prefered)
    Jeedom includes an interesting collection of plugins that can be used to complement HS3 and bring new capabilities like Enocean protocol, connected objects, ... at a very competitive price !

More information on Jeedom and installation instructions can be found here.

This plugin works with both Windows and Linux version of HS3 (Mono 5.18 recommended for Linux version). User Guide can be downloaded here.
    The plugin can be downloaded from the Utilities section of the updater.

Revision History:

Version 1.4.2.0
    (28-Mar-19) : MANDATORY UPDATE FOR JEEDOM v3.3.x and above
    • Changed :
      • Compatibility fix for Jeedom 3.3.x (adaptation to jsonAPI changes)
    • Bugs fixed :
      • Jeedom IP/API key test improvement

Version 1.4.1.0 (18-Jan-19) :
    • Added :
      • In Jeedom 'Config' page : It is now possible to specify a port with the Jeedom server IP address (JeedomSDK).[
    • Bugs fixed :
      • When % range is selected for a slider, the calculated % value is now rounded to the nearest integer.
      • Fix for compatibility with Jeedom 'mobile' plugin (JeedomSDK).
    • Changed :
      • 'Device' page performance has been greatly improved : Jeedom 'Equipment' are now grouped under a sliding tab corresponding to their associated Jeedom 'Object'.
      • Newtonsoft.Json.dll updated to latest version (12.0.1).
      • JeedomSDK updated to 1.2.1.0.
      • Windows and Linux plugin packages are now identical.

Version 1.3.2.0 (21-May-18) :
    • Changes :
      • Moved to the new updater system (no change in the plugin code)
    • Bugs fixed :
      • Special characters in string value received from Jeedom in Push mode were not managed correctly translated.

Version 1.3.1.0 (28-Mar-18) :
    • Added :
      • Slider range can now be specified in % or using the Min/Max values defined in Jeedom
    • Bugs fixed :
      • Color status was not managed correctly in push mode (always to 0).
      • Compatibility improved for devices providing color Status and command.

Version 1.3.0.0 (27-Sep-16) :
    • Added :
      • Action 'Jeedom : Set Color' has been added, making it possible to change a device Color form an event (tested with fibaro RGBW module and Philips Hue bulbs and Lightberry)
      • A 'Setcolor' function has been added. This function can be called in a script using 'hs.pluginfunction' (see plugin documentation for usage)
    • Bugs fixed :
      • HS3 Devices associated to Jeedom Slider have now their 'dimmable' attribute set.
      • Fixed an issue preventing setting a dim value in an event action.
      • Untagged 'Legacy Mode' (former 'DIY Mode') in config page not taken into account at plugin startup.
    • Changes :
      • .dll are now stored in bin/Jeedom.
      • 'DIY Mode' in config page renamed as 'Legacy Mode'.
      • When a Jeedom action corresponds to a color, the HS3 associated device control is set to a color picker control with a range 0 to 16777215.
      • When a Jeedom info correspond to color :
        • Its associated HS3 device string is set to a plain block with font color corresponding to the Jeedom info color.
        • Moving the mouse over the block shows the hex code in a tooltip.
        • Its associated HS3 device value is set to a (double) value corresponding to the HEX value of the Jeedom info color.

Version 1.2.0.0 (12-Feb-16) :
    • Added :
      • HOT : Push from Jeedom implemented - Drastically reduce CPU load ! Can be combined with automatic Polling to secure data consistency between Jeedom and HS3. Refer to plugin documentation for proper setup.
    • Bugs fixed :
      • 'DIY mode' / 'Enable Trace' messed up in config file resulting to configuration not correctly saved/restored.
      • API key validity indicator to red even if the key is OK wne read from config file.
    • Changes :
      • 'space' char between Value and Unit removed for temperature.
      • HS3 device string is not set if a value/status pair is defined for the value.

Version 1.1.0.0 (24-Dec-15) :
    • Bugs fixed :
      • Server IP change in the config page is now correctly taken into account (no more plugin restart needed).
      • Resolved conflict issue with Zibase plugin that prevent access to Config and Device pages.
      • Compatibility with Jeedom installed using and image file (see also added section).
    • Added :
      • New 'DIY install' option added on config page to take into account if your Jeedom was installed manually or using a Disk Image.
      • Additional traces at statup and when config is changed (only when logfile is activated).
    • Others :
      • Changes in JeedomSDK (v1.1.0.0) prototype taken into acccount.

Version 1.0.0.0 (24-Nov-15) : Initial release.
    Last edited by Shodan; March 27, 2019, 06:14 PM.

Wow, I'm not sure how I missed this. Jeedom sounds great because it seems to open HS users to a whole world of inexpensive plugins - Denon, video, location, etc.
    Look:
    https://market.jeedom.fr/index.php?v...et&type=plugin

I have a 2 pi's laying around, I'm gonna look into this.

Don't think most users even know this plugin was posted. Thanks.
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Looks interesting, but I'm not sure I even passed grade 9 French class!

Comment

Hi Tomtom,

Thank you for your interest for Jeedom and for my plugin.
        I am now using Jeedom with HS3 for several month and I garanty it worth giving a try.
        In addition to the inexpensive plugin collection, it provides improved features compared to HS3, like scenario with 'user-friendly' if-then-else bloc (unlike what you have with HS3 event ...), easy to set-up data history (just a checkbox to tick) with chart functionnality, and much more ...
        On the other hand HS3 complement Jeedom with great features too, like HSTouch, vb scripts, HS3 plugin collection, ...
        Jeddom and HS3 is really a very powerfull home automation solution for me.

For 519zwave,
        There is an english support board, do not hesitate to use it ! Jeedom support team/community is very helpfull and reactive.

Comment

Originally posted by 519zwave View Post
          Looks interesting, but I'm not sure I even passed grade 9 French class!

I wish now I took French in school. Took 4 years of Spanish and all I remember is "Donde esta biblioteca"( where is the library).

Shodan, jeedom looks awesome and it looks like a really active community. Thanks for the English support link.

Sent from my iPhone
          Tom
          baby steps...starting again with HS3
          HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
          HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
          Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
          In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
          System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Hello Shodan,

This might not be the place to ask but are the pre-built boxes of Jeedom only sold in France? And are they in French or like any other systems?

I just want want one those boxes to compliment my HomeSeer system because it seems that Edisio are not doing HomeSeer anytime soon.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Hello Eman,

Right now, it seems that Domodoo.fr (a french reseller) is the only one to distribute Jeedom boxes, however you can still set-up your own if you have a Raspberry PI or PI2 using this DIY image (which is what I am currently using and it works just fine).
              Regarding translation, it was one of their priority as soon as version 2.0 is out. I don't really know what is the status since I am using it in french. Again, the best thing is to try installing their image on a PI.

Comment

A
                Originally posted by Shodan View Post
                Hello Eman,

Right now, it seems that Domodoo.fr (a french reseller) is the only one to distribute Jeedom boxes, however you can still set-up your own if you have a Raspberry PI or PI2 using this DIY image (which is what I am currently using and it works just fine).
                Regarding translation, it was one of their priority as soon as version 2.0 is out. I don't really know what is the status since I am using it in french. Again, the best thing is to try installing their image on a PI.

Thank you for the response. I have now installed Jeedom on a Debian Server.
                My only problem is how to break into the French! to configure the system.

I wonder if you or anyone is aware of this program :http://www.softwarenest.com/windows/...te-translator/ (I'm not a coder). If it can be used to translate Jeedom to the next level. I have not used it but if it can then I hope it helps others out there.

Eman.
                Last edited by Eman; July 31, 2016, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Hello Eman,

Did you try to switch to english in the configuration menu ?
                  I can try to support you by PM, or you can ask support on the english section of jeedom message board.

Comment

Hello Eman,

Did you try to switch to english in the configuration menu ?
                    I can try to support you by PM, or you can ask support on the english section of jeedom message board.
                    Yes I think I did switch to english and changed the time but it doesn't take long before they switch back to french. I have yet to read your manual. And I downloaded Microsoft translator in Windows 10 but it doesn't do web and too slow when I copy and paste single sentances.

My main goal is not to try and learn each and every word but having HomeSeer control the Jeedom devices without pain (headache). But first thing is to secure the system. That's the first few instruction they should have set out clearly in english. But I'm working hard on this ATM

I will P.M you my details. I would like to work on my Edisio devices.

Eman.
                    Last edited by Eman; August 15, 2016, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Hi Shodan,

The plugin is refusing the system API Key! Can you please show an image of where I copy the API key from because the one I see cannot be copied but I typed it digit by digit. Or did you mean the system user API key

Note: The IP address is connected.

Note : Correction on this!! Plugin connected after unticking DIY check mark

I have new issues for you in the new posts down below.

Eman
                      Last edited by Eman; August 17, 2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Newtonsoft.Json

Hello shodan,

Can you provide an updated version of the plugin with the Newtonsoft.Json DLL in the Bin folder instead of the HS3 root folder as noted here : http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...68#post1259868 because it stops other plugins from working. I have tried to create the HSPI_jeedom folder with the DLL inside the Bin folder but that's not where the plugin is looking for it and thus fails as seen in the log below

Initializing plug-in(2): Jeedom Instance::Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.STACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

I have checked and seen other plugin providers have their Newtonsoft.Json dll in the Bin folder.

That said, my Jeedom system if fully functional but I'm waiting on you to sort out the DLL issue.

Thank you.

Eman.
                        Last edited by Eman; August 15, 2016, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Jeedom plugin hiden from view!

Hi shodan,

It seems you have but not delibarately kept this plugin from the mass users of HomeSeer. On one note: even when I post anything, it's only you and some of those who come here looking can see the posts.

If you don't have the fear of answering questions, then can you please show us some ideas here : http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=620 of what you have done with Jeedom and HomeSeer, say from installing a DIY system and creating devices with the Jeedom system and or so provide Jeedom web images in the steps. This will be very exciting and get other people who don't know what they are missing! on board. Most users check the main message board than the plugin forums.

You just turn up and start a new topic like say "How to start using Jeedom and HomeSeer"

I know you have provided a help file but that remains hiden from those who don't come looking. There is another word for that but I will leave it to you

Regards.

Eman.

Comment

Hello Eman,

Thanks to Spud, I have a temporary solution to fix the issue (It will be packaged in the next release).

- Create a 'Jeedom' folder in HS3 'Bin' directory.
                            - Cut 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll' AND 'JeedomSDK.dll' from HS3 root directory and paste then in 'bin/Jeedom'
                            - Copy the 'HSPI_Jeedom.exe.config' provided through this link in HS3 root dir (at the same location as HSPI_Jeedom.exe)

You should be ready to go with no more dll conflict !

Thank you for your suggestion to post about this plugin in HS3 main message board. I will certainly do it as soon as I have a little bit more time.

Comment

Hello Eman,

Thanks to Spud, I have a temporary solution to fix the issue (It will be packaged in the next release).

- Create a 'Jeedom' folder in HS3 'Bin' directory.
                              - Cut 'Newtonsoft.Json.dll' AND 'JeedomSDK.dll' from HS3 root directory and paste then in 'bin/Jeedom'
                              - Copy the 'HSPI_Jeedom.exe.config' provided through this link in HS3 root dir (at the same location as HSPI_Jeedom.exe)

You should be ready to go with no more dll conflict !

Thank you for your suggestion to post about this plugin in HS3 main message board. I will certainly do it as soon as I have a little bit more time.

That's cool! man.

Otherwise on another note, I found this board :https://www.solid-run.com/freescale-.../hummingboard/ . And this this box :http://www.hwhardsoft.de/english/web...uct-9998882797
                              I'm going to create a new Jeedom server on the DIN rail so it can sit side by side with my EDISIO devices and encase them in a unit like this : http://www.lectri-call.co.uk/Product...teg_Split_Load

But right now I'm working the translations and creating my own documents.

Thank you so much and will be back anytime if I get lost

Eman.

Comment

Working...
                              X