Track Sort Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track Sort Order

Dirk, happy 2012! I'm amazed at how the plugin has evolved and I'm loving it. This may have been asked before, but is there a way to change the track sort order? If I select tracks by Artist/Album, then tracks are listed alphabetically rather than by order on the album. Could there be an option to sort by track number?
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    Dirk, happy 2012! I'm amazed at how the plugin has evolved and I'm loving it. This may have been asked before, but is there a way to change the track sort order? If I select tracks by Artist/Album, then tracks are listed alphabetically rather than by order on the album. Could there be an option to sort by track number?
    Don't have that option. The plug-in is sorting the tracks after pulling it out of the database and before presenting to the user. Not all tracks have track numbers stored in the music tags, so only mp3 files could have it, forget .wav files.

If you explain what you want to accomplish maybe I can figure something out. Reason I'm asking is because there are many ways to get to tracks. Example: you could have started with an artist, then album and ended up with tracks. I guess this would be the most straightforward case. You could have ended up with tracks by only specifying artist or a playlist or just a track name. In the latter cases, sorting by trackno might not make a lot of sense, so if it has to be "selection case sensitive", things get quite a bit more complex to implement.

So let me know what you want to do, sure we can figure something out.

Dirk

Comment

Dirk, I think if the selection starts by Album or by Artist/Album then tracks should be listed by track number. I agree alphabetically makes sense when the Tracks button is clicked. Playlists should maintain their unique order that the tracks were added in. This would emulate the Sonos controller behavior.
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Dirk, I think if the selection starts by Album or by Artist/Album then tracks should be listed by track number. I agree alphabetically makes sense when the Tracks button is clicked. Playlists should maintain their unique order that the tracks were added in. This would emulate the Sonos controller behavior.
        True statements but the way the HST list boxes use filters to select parts out of a full list requires them to be sorted, that's why I need to sort them. Unfortunately HST is not a Sonos controller and it comes with quite some limitations.

Sonos on the other hands has indeed the capability to sort by Track name, track number or file name, but it owns the music library, the plugin just uses it.

I'll have a look whether I can add an option to sort tracks by name or number.

Dirk

Comment

That would be cool. Thanks Dirk. Let me know if you need anyone to test.

Comment

Beta .78 should take care of this

That would be cool. Thanks Dirk. Let me know if you need anyone to test.
            New beta .78 posted that should change this behavior.
            By the way, you need to recreate your music library (click buildDB) for the tracknumbers to be stored properly !
            Dirk

Comment

Working...
            X