www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Weather Plug-ins > Weather Discussion

Old January 3rd, 2018, 07:29 PM
Seer Deluxe

Checkbox weather station?

greetings,

i'm going to be in the market for a weather station, and one requirement is that it can interface to homeseer.

what is everyone using? are their plug ins readily available?

thanks!
Old January 3rd, 2018, 08:40 PM
OverSeer

I am using an Ambient WS-1000-WiFi (now WS-1002-WiFi). We liked this unit because it was relatively inexpensive (~$300) Has its own display and that it posts directly to Weather Underground. With it posting to Weather Underground, Jeff's (CFGuy) WeatherXML and Randy's (ultrajones) UltraWeatherWU3 can create devices using the feed from Weather Underground. It has been running for about two years. The only problems we had was it dropped WiFi from time to time until fixed in a software update a year or so ago. Here are the devices from UltraWeatherWU3

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 225
Size:  88.5 KB

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old January 3rd, 2018, 08:53 PM
OverSeer

Here utilizing a Weather program called Cumulus.

Cumulus can run in Linux or Windows and on the same computer as HS3 (RPi too).

Jon00 wrote a Homeseer Plugin for Cumulus and it works with WeatherXML.

Here utilize a Davis and Fine Offset weather station.

Cumulus supports:

Davis, Oregon Scientific, Fine Offset, La Crosse, ....

Recently been tinkering with a Meteostick.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:03 PM
Seer Master

Using an old Ambient Weather 1080 that has PC connection. Cumulus (not MX) version reads the data and the Jon00Cumulus plugin reads the available parameters. You simply select the ones that are important to you.

My quite old weather station is dying a slow death and although I would like to get a Davis Vantage Pro, I'll probably get another Ambient Weather, can't justify more than a couple hundred dollars as it's just not that important.
Old January 5th, 2018, 09:17 PM
Seer Master

I am probably going to get a WS-1002-WIFI. Currently researching too.
Old March 11th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
I am using an Ambient WS-1000-WiFi (now WS-1002-WiFi). We liked this unit because it was relatively inexpensive (~$300) Has its own display and that it posts directly to Weather Underground. With it posting to Weather Underground, Jeff's (CFGuy) WeatherXML and Randy's (ultrajones) UltraWeatherWU3 can create devices using the feed from Weather Underground. It has been running for about two years. The only problems we had was it dropped WiFi from time to time until fixed in a software update a year or so ago. Here are the devices from UltraWeatherWU3
Good Afternoon Randy,
I bought a PWS (Qubino) around 16-17 months ago... blasted thing is still not supported by the developer and HS3 won't recognize all the devices (thread). So, looking for another solution and came across your post in this thread... however, I'm NOT seeing the model numbers (old/new) on Amazon.

The closest match that I found was WS-2902

Technologies:
- HS Pro 3
- Z-Wave
- Google Home

All,
Thoughts/Suggestions?

I'm already using UltraWeatherWU3... so I think I'm good on plug-ins.

R/,
Chad
Old March 11th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Seer Master

I wonder if the one Randy has is now called this one.
https://www.amazon.com/Ambient-Weath...70_&dpSrc=srch

I just purchase the 2902 so waiting on it to arrive.

I did find the one Randy is talking about. It looks a lot like the one above.
https://www.ambientweather.com/amws1000wifi.html
Old March 11th, 2018, 08:33 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheat View Post
Good Afternoon Randy,
I bought a PWS (Qubino) around 16-17 months ago... blasted thing is still not supported by the developer and HS3 won't recognize all the devices (thread). So, looking for another solution and came across your post in this thread... however, I'm NOT seeing the model numbers (old/new) on Amazon.

The closest match that I found was WS-2902

Technologies:
- HS Pro 3
- Z-Wave
- Google Home

All,
Thoughts/Suggestions?

I'm already using UltraWeatherWU3... so I think I'm good on plug-ins.

R/,
Chad
My WS-1000-WiFi was replaced by the WS-1002-WiFi, but it appears to be out of stock. The others are similar, but the WS-1002-WiFi has WiFi connectivity and a dedicated display. The units without a display still post to WU and are much less expensive. My wife wanted the display.
Old March 11th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
My WS-1000-WiFi was replaced by the WS-1002-WiFi, but it appears to be out of stock. The others are similar, but the WS-1002-WiFi has WiFi connectivity and a dedicated display. The units without a display still post to WU and are much less expensive. My wife wanted the display.
That is the reason I purchased the WS-2902 because it has the wifi connection also. It looks pretty good and has 10 sensors. It is also more in my price range.