www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI/OMNI Panel Plug-in

Closed Thread

Old March 7th, 2018, 12:28 PM
OverSeer

OMNI Plugin v3.0.2.6

v3.0.2.6 was released to the updater today. It might take a day or so before it shows up in the list.

Changes in this version:
  • Fixed - Plugin link not showing up in Manage Plugins (@Pete)
  • Changed - Dimming now normalized to 1-100% and sends Light Level (@Jfree23,all)
  • Possibly Fixed - Access Control (locks) are not updating in HS (@automatte)
  • Fixed - locked/unlocked graphics are missing (@GEN)
  • Fixed - System Status not being updated (@Jfree23)

Always make a backup of your system before loading a new version.

Post any issues you have with this version in this thread.

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
OverSeer

Dimming users - you'll need to first check and see if your dimming devices are working correctly.
If not, remove the unit from the OMNI Config -> Units tab and re-add it.
If this fixes the dimming issue, then re-check all your events and make sure the dimming value is set correctly.
Thanks
Rob

Last edited by rmasonjr; March 7th, 2018 at 03:54 PM.
OverSeer

The update is now available in the updater.

Last edited by rmasonjr; March 20th, 2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old March 7th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Seer Deluxe

Will test tomorrow when I get home from road trip. Thanks Rob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old March 9th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hey Rob,

It's not in the updater yet for me to test. Not in Beta either.....

-Travis
Old March 9th, 2018, 01:54 PM
OverSeer

Thanks - I've been pinging HST and no response yet...
Old March 9th, 2018, 03:41 PM
OverSeer

Here been seeing a wait on the HS updater on and off with nothing in the logs. If I leave the screen and return I see the page of updates but do not know if they are new or just cached.

Last night it worked for a bit and I was able to update a plugin.

Here had a CC ISP outage that started around 1100c time. It is up now at around 1330c time. That said the outage though was here in the midwest.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old March 9th, 2018, 09:48 PM
Seer Deluxe

I assume they must be getting ready to go live with the new Plug-In Site and process. I know the developer of the new Harmony Hub Plug-In (Sirmeili) stated that he was informed he cannot put his Plug-In in the Updater as it will have to be part of the new HS Server distribution method. Because of that, he is forced to post a version that requires the override to install it at this time.

-Travis
Old March 10th, 2018, 07:11 PM
OverSeer

Yeah, I tried to use the new portal yesterday and it wouldn't let me login. Updater override works, but it takes a few more steps with zee users.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Old March 12th, 2018, 08:27 AM
Seer

Rob,

Can you please elaborate on the way this gets updated at the moment? I have a lot of guys who just go to the updater.

Thanks!
Old March 12th, 2018, 09:12 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhampe View Post
Rob,

Can you please elaborate on the way this gets updated at the moment? I have a lot of guys who just go to the updater.

Thanks!
The updater is the primary way to get updates. Today, we have to email the updater group at HST so they can manually update the updater with new versions. They are in the process of developing a portal so plugin authors can post their new versions immediately which is a win-win for both HST and the plugin authors.

There is also a method of updating using a file called updater_override. This method allows the user to bypass the updater and install a single application without going through the updater. This takes a little extra work and manually copying files. I wouldnt recommend this method for Zee users since they have to use WinSCP or other FTP products to manipulate files.

In short, the plugin portal will make this whole process much easier and much faster.
Old March 12th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Seer Deluxe

The updater still doesn't have the new version this morning.
Old March 12th, 2018, 01:40 PM
OverSeer

Here went checking the direct link via the updater file directory and do not see it.

That said I have noticed (reported on the beta HS3 section) about random slow downs occurring in the last week.

As mentioned above thinking that they are still tinkering with this new updater stuff and it is not ready yet. It is also affecting other plugin links and updates now for about a week or so.
Old March 15th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Seer

Version to fix dimming issue...

How much long do we have to wait for this crucial update?
Old March 15th, 2018, 09:31 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uticanpioneer View Post
How much long do we have to wait for this crucial update?
Sorry... Wish I knew...I pinged them again for an update.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Old March 17th, 2018, 06:22 AM
Seer Deluxe

I just updated a few days ago and the reconnection issue has come back in this version.

After there is a disconnection between HS and the HAI Panel the plug-in will not recover the connection without a restart. This was happening before (many versions ago).

Any ideas?
Old March 17th, 2018, 10:13 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by madas View Post
I just updated a few days ago and the reconnection issue has come back in this version.

After there is a disconnection between HS and the HAI Panel the plug-in will not recover the connection without a restart. This was happening before (many versions ago).

Any ideas?
We have not been able to update to the 3.0.2.6 version yet as it isn’t in the updater . 3.0.2.5 is flawed so a lot of us are waiting for the newer build and have rolled back to 3.0.2.4 though I am not sure if your issue has been reported as a 3.0.2.5 problem yet. My biggest concern is that you posted in a thread for a version we cannot get yet and wanted to let you know that the updater isn’t giving us this release yet.

-Travis
Old March 17th, 2018, 02:06 PM
Seer

Question about the roll back to 3.0.2.4

Installed a new HS3 SEL Pro after the .5 version came out. Is there still a way to get the older version on my HomeTroller? Not available or accessible on HomeSeer.
Old March 17th, 2018, 02:10 PM
Seer

Not trying to be difficult here, but this issue has been going on for quite some time. Perhaps a call to HomeSeer would help? I would be willing to call them on Monday, do you think this would help? I mean, I would really like to get this issues resolved some time soon.
Old March 17th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweeze View Post
We have not been able to update to the 3.0.2.6 version yet as it isn’t in the updater . 3.0.2.5 is flawed so a lot of us are waiting for the newer build and have rolled back to 3.0.2.4 though I am not sure if your issue has been reported as a 3.0.2.5 problem yet. My biggest concern is that you posted in a thread for a version we cannot get yet and wanted to let you know that the updater isn’t giving us this release yet.

-Travis
My issue is actually with 3.0.2.5 sorry - not .6
Closed Thread