HS-WD100+ 5.16 firmware bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS-WD100+ 5.16 firmware bug

If in the Z-Wave settings I set the remote ramp rate for a dimmer to 99/1 and simply toggle the device back and forth from off to on in the Homeseer device manager, within 5 or 10 tries, I see one of two things happening:

* An off device fails to turn on, but the LED bar turns on.
    * An on device fails to turn off, but the LED bar turns off.

I originally thought I was having a sporadic communications problem until I noticed the LED bar behavior. I have reproduced this on two different dimmers.

I don't seem to encounter this problem with the default 1/3 setting, only with the 99/1 setting. I didn't experiment with any other settings. I don't have any switches with older firmware, so I can't say if this bug is new or not.

Can anyone else confirm the ability to reproduce this?

Confirmed bug

I set remote ramp rate at 99/1 and tried 5 Ons & 5 Offs from deviceutility page. Reproduced on the 3 & 4th on and the 5th Off. I'll open a bugzilla. You can call support to add weight.

Current Date/Time: 2/22/2017 8:39:28 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.297
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 23 Hours 58 Minutes 17 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 114
    Number of Events: 102
    Available Threads: 386

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.29: EasyTrigger
    3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Edit: I tried reproducing on another system and switch with 5.14 firmware and could not reproduce the same thing, but 2 out of about 10 tries the light went to a last level value it was at before testing and the slider in deviceutility showed the last level but the LEDs on the switch showed full brightness. I'll add this detail to the bugzilla ticket. Second system details:

Current Date/Time: 2/22/2017 6:47:41 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.311
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.11-v7+ #781 SMP PREEMPT Tue Apr 21 18:07:59 BST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 6 Days 0 Hours 3 Minutes 0 Seconds
    Number of Devices: 374
    Number of Events: 327
    Available Threads: 398

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.29: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.6020.17037: UltraM1G3
    3.0.0.56: weatherXML
    3.0.1.102: Z-Wave
    Last edited by jhearty; February 22, 2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Hey, John, did you ever open a BugZilla entry for this? I looked for it, so that I could add on to it, and I don't even see an area in BugZilla for issues with the switches and dimmers.

Comment

I did open it but don't have details handy. I had to open it under another category as I too could not find one for switches.

Comment

Since Bugzilla reports were made private, only HST and the originator of the ticket can add to it. If you want to add information about an issue someone else started, you will have to create a new ticket. You would create it under HomeSeer hardware.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	1189171

Unfortunately they only have the Z-Net as a hardware choice, so just put it under that, but specify the actual hardware in the subject or body.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Some more information on this firmware bug...

I tested with settings of 98/1 and the problem was still very evident. I went to 65/1 and thought the problem didn't present, but I've discovered that it just happens less frequently.

This is very disappointing. I really want these devices to work out, but I'm encountering frustration at every turn.

Comment

I've been unable to reproduce this problem with the 5.19 firmware. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Meredith View Post
                I've been unable to reproduce this problem with the 5.19 firmware. Fingers crossed!
                Same here. Was easy to reproduce on 5.16, no longer able to on 5.19.

Comment

Working...
                X