Linux Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tested and works!!! Thank you PCP.

Works here on Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit Linux HS3 Pro box.

Changed one default directory which isn't used anyhow and logging looks a bit cryptic.

[ATTACH]66931[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]66932[/ATTACH]

Been testing an Ubuntu 16.04 based Squeezeplayer build on my Jogglers here that run on 1Gb/2Gb eMMC. I have one sitting next to the Russound zoned amplifier here for a future combo HS3 touchscreen.

[ATTACH]66934[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]66933[/ATTACH]
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks. The logging I believe is a display issue in the web page but will check. Thanks for mentioning the directory for phone messages. Are the caller ID & phone messages actually support in HS3 Linux (i.e. devices sub as Way2Call)?

Comment

Thank you pcp!!!

Are the caller ID & phone messages actually support in HS3 Linux (i.e. devices sub as Way2Call)?

Not at this time. HSPhone is only supported on the Windows version of Homeseer 3.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Either I am blind or something is wrong:

I can not see the SeueezeBox Plug, not on my Zee S2 nor on my Ubuntu 16.04LTS HS3. What am I doing wrong here?

Comment

Have you looked in the beta section (almost) at the bottom? It's there, I just checked.
            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Very strange - now it is - I am pretty shure it was not there when I wrote my message above...

However I can still not see it under "Media" - but that might be due to Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by larhedse View Post
                Very strange - now it is - I am pretty shure it was not there when I wrote my message above...

However I can still not see it under "Media" - but that might be due to Linux?
                Yes:

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                There is a new version in the Beta section of the Updater with support for Linux.
                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I'm not seeing the Linux version in the updater either. On Windows I can see it in the Media section, but nothing in beta on either Windows or Linux.
                  HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
                  Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
                  Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
                  Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Thanks. The logging I believe is a display issue in the web page but will check. Thanks for mentioning the directory for phone messages. Are the caller ID & phone messages actually support in HS3 Linux (i.e. devices sub as Way2Call)?

HSPhone only runs on the Windows version of Homeseer. If it was a separate plugin then it would run on Linux Homeseer. There are drivers for it today for Linux.

The tablet is unique in that it has a DECT and Zigbee chip. That said first generation Linux OS on it did support VOIP using DECT and thermostat control using the Zigbee chip.

I have tested Asterisk on the device and clients to the device to work fine.

So the tablet can be a HSTouch screen with interaction to the DECT chip local touchscreen phone stuff or handsets.

Relating to CID there are many communications Squeezeserver plugins.

See here.

Squeeze box plugins

Note with your Squeeze Player plugin you can create Homeseer devices from the variables created on the Squeezeplayer server.
                    Last edited by Pete; March 16, 2018, 11:41 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hi,

Plugin works great, I am now trying TTS on linux (Raspberry Pi).
                      I get this error:

Mar-17 15:03:10 SqueezeBox Error An unexpected error occured in the SpeakToFile function/subroutine: [System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/home/homeseer/.homeseer/html/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav'. File name: '/home/homeseer/.homeseer/html/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav' at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError (System.Int32 errorCode, System.String maybeFullPath) [0x000a9] in <8f2c484307284b51944a1a13a14c0266>:0 at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length () [0x00048] in <8f2c484307284b51944a1a13a14c0266>:0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileInfo:get_Length () at HSPI_SqueezeBox.HSPI.SpeakToFile (System.String FileNameWAV, System.String FileNameMP3, System.String TextToSpeak) [0x0026a] in :0 ]

Mar-17 15:03:10 SqueezeBox Debug SpeakToFile. WAV: /home/homeseer/.homeseer/html/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.wav MP3: /home/homeseer/.homeseer/html/SqueezeBox/SpeakIn_7.mp3 Text: This is a test IsFile: False FileExists: False

The SpeakIn_* files are not created, what could be the problem?

Comment

Found the problem:

sudo apt-get install flite

This is the default in speak_to_file.sh

MP3 files are being generated, but not playing or strange sound on max2play or picoreplayer.
                        Plays fine on windows media player.

https://github.com/pndurette/gTTS instead of flite:
                        It's already an MP3 so convert it to wav (must find an other solution for this convert mp3->wav->mp3 )

#!/bin/sh
                        #flite -o "$1" -t "$2"
                        rm -fr temp.mp3
                        gtts-cli "$2" -l 'en' -o temp.mp3
                        ffmpeg -i temp.mp3 "$1"

MP3 also does not play on squeezebox
                        Last edited by Yoja; March 17, 2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reidfo View Post
                          I'm not seeing the Linux version in the updater either. On Windows I can see it in the Media section, but nothing in beta on either Windows or Linux.
                          I replied 2 days ago but looks my poset never made it or disappeared.

I noticed the beta version missing (after being there initially) a week ago or so and sent an email to HST to restore it. They sent me an email Friday about a new portal for beta software but did not have a chance to look into it and will not until later tonight earliest (will need to study also what HST is asking me to do). Sorry for this delay & issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoja View Post
                            Found the problem:

sudo apt-get install flite

This is the default in speak_to_file.sh

MP3 files are being generated, but not playing or strange sound on max2play or picoreplayer.
                            Plays fine on windows media player.

https://github.com/pndurette/gTTS instead of flite:
                            It's already an MP3 so convert it to wav (must find an other solution for this convert mp3->wav->mp3 )

#!/bin/sh
                            #flite -o "$1" -t "$2"
                            rm -fr temp.mp3
                            gtts-cli "$2" -l 'en' -o temp.mp3
                            ffmpeg -i temp.mp3 "$1"

MP3 also does not play on squeezebox
                            https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...77&postcount=1 or doc.

Comment

Working...
                            X