Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using one of the LG multiclient monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What spoiled me with my 3 monitor setup was having a monitor exactly in the center to focus on while putting less important things off to the side.

Your setup looks awesome though, but that is REALLY wide..LOL. probably as wide or wider than my 3 monitor setup, which I did love.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      What spoiled me with my 3 monitor setup was having a monitor exactly in the center to focus on while putting less important things off to the side.

Your setup looks awesome though, but that is REALLY wide..LOL. probably as wide or wider than my 3 monitor setup, which I did love.
      cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

The side view from my desk is arguably better though

cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          I can’t really show more than this, due to the sensitive nature of the data
          My data is not so sensitive, but the setup is familiar. I will admit the 42" is intriguing, but I like the curved screens for monitors. The third monitor is a full HD Vizio Smart TV which can be used as an additional monitor, if needed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3980.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	1196692
          Last edited by randy; May 9, 2018, 12:52 PM.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

cheeryfool

Comment

So....I got a 4k adapter (usb3) for one of my machines and I can honestly say, that I would love it for normal work. However the USB3 adapter, while it will output 4k@60hz won't do video at that resolution (not even youtube). This kinda of dissapoints me, but my laptop is 6 years old and my guess is the CPU (which is driving the adapter) is probably not up to snuff and these adapters are more suited for productivity work anyways. I'm now trying to decide if I should just return it and put the $85 towards an update to my laptop (likely a Surface Pro).

Which makes me ask: Anyone use a Surface Pro (I believe current ones are 5th gen?). I've been wanting one though I hate that they went away from the more traditional style dock to one that just attaches via a cable.

Another thing I noticed is that my 24" dells are exactly 22" tall in portrait mode... the LG is 22" tall in landscape. While the resolutions would not line up exactly, it could be an interesting 3-monitor setup.

*Warning: Below is just me talking about my moving of my office into a closet and how I'm dealing with the move. I'm just rambling at this point so no one has to feel obligated to read it...LOL

Ok, so all that said, I spent the majority of my vacation going through all my crap and either packing up stuff to store (for when there is hopefully less than 8 people in my house and we have more room), or just getting rid of it (either trash or set aside to sell it). I didn't get the target closet cleaned out, but I got it emptied enough to get a feel and while this is just a preliminary guess, I think I would fit in there quite comfortably and not feel cramped. The downside is that after paring down all my crap, the closet isn't empty and the stuff left needs a home. I have over 500 CDs, and probably as much or more DVDs and BluRays. Those will need a home. I also have a filing cabinet in there. I'm thinking it would make an OK side table (Though maybe a bit college feeling) or I can look for a nicer looking one. It currently stores all my tax info, instruction manuals, etc. Besides that, I just have random crap I need to just find a place to store (mainly guitar cases I don't want to store in the attic, even though the guitars will live in the room).

I am also wondering, I know there is a for-sale part of this forum. Does anyone know if it's restricted to just HA equipment? I have some other stuff (mainly computer/network related). I've thought about ebay, but just seems like a lot of hassle to me.

Comment

Working...
              X