Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like they folded silently sometime last year. From the comments I have seen on Amazon; it looks like around maybe October, 2015.

Folks seemed happy with the MControl software except when they quit answering their support calls.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

This one was not a big surprise: Staples Pulls The Plug On Smart Home
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Word on the street is that this is the tip of the HA shakeups iceberg....
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

This is an example of why do-it-yourself is the only way to go.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
            Word on the street is that this is the tip of the HA shakeups iceberg....
            Do you have any specifics?

Comment

Personally? No... but, this may lead you in the right direction:

https://twitter.com/michaelwolf/stat...44011062919168
              HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Hadn't seen this thread before. Interesting to see others' background and remember some of the stuff I looked at and played with. I got started with Plug-N-Power X10 modules from Radio Shack. We all know what recently happened to that behemoth of a company. IBM Home Director also mentioned followed shortly after that. Once a PC was involved I had to play with voice controlled lights. Looking forward to finally getting back to that now that the Echo (and eventually Google Home) makes it more practical (Father's Day wish list provided to the kids). I overhauled my old HA system a few months ago based mainly on a JDS Stargate mentioned by the OP. Still waiting for someone to invent a mind mouse so I don't even have to talk or gesture.

There were posts within this thread about what Homeseer will do to stay ahead of the pack, and discussion of mis-steps of other companies. I'm hoping someone will write a plug-in to auto-write common Homeseer events when you add new devices. Eventually companies will get that sort of thing right. If someone here can get it right first, Homeseer can remain relevant and greatly expand their addressable market. There are only so many folks that like DIY and tinkering.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
                  There were posts within this thread about what Homeseer will do to stay ahead of the pack, and discussion of mis-steps of other companies. I'm hoping someone will write a plug-in to auto-write common Homeseer events when you add new devices. Eventually companies will get that sort of thing right. If someone here can get it right first, Homeseer can remain relevant and greatly expand their addressable market. There are only so many folks that like DIY and tinkering.

John
                  This right here! I mentioned something similar in another thread. This is the start of AI in automation setup. Right now companies are failing at it (namely the big names that we won't mention), but eventually someone will win. I don't think the DIY will ever go away, but I would love to see that when I add a Motion sensor, it automatically includes itself and does basic connections to nearby switches and sensors. Obviously not everyone is the same and wants different results, but that brings another idea... a system that slowly learns your habits on what you are doing and adjusts accordingly when adding equipment... sounds like a stretch on that one, but I give it 10 years for it to become a solid reality.

Comment

I'm fairly certain that HST will remain relevant in the HA market due to the fact that HS3 is the most functional solution out there by a huge margin. That said the AI, digital assistant world is becoming more important by the year. If HS goes the way of the dodo I think it will be because it has been displaced by digital assistant with AI.
                    Originally posted by rprade
                    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

And another one bites the dust: http://go.tcpi.com/ConnectedSupport
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Just remember Lagotek!

Can't believe I forgot that one. Lagotek formed in 2005 and ceased operations in 2011. They made a little touchscreen Z-Wave controller that was designed to fit into a standard electrical gang box... typically where wall switches are mounted. These were professionally installed only. The controllers themselves were high quality units but the screen size was small and the wall switch position was a bit awkward to use.

Comment

Noticed a V1 new on Ebay. It might work as a secondary controller. Posted at $60. I would offer $40-50 on a guesstimate to play with maybe.
                          - Pete

Auto mator
                          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Noticed a V1 new on Ebay. It might work as a secondary controller. Posted at $60. I would offer $40-50 on a guesstimate to play with maybe.
                            that is going to have really old Z-Wave firmware on it, I would guess. It would likely degrade your network if you could add it as a secondary.

Comment

Just purchased two Xi3 micro PC's for a song and a dance as they were going for around $1000 each (a bit high).

Got the two today. Look very sturdy. One of them will be a KodiBuntu box and maybe the second one will replace the RPi2 Zee 2 box in the attic.

It is too bad now cuz I can't download the manual for it as it appears that the site is not available. Wondering if they went out of business in the last few days or just that the site is down?

Xi3 dot com

- Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                                Just purchased two Xi3 micro PC's for a song and a dance as they were going for around $1000 each (a bit high).

Got the two today. Look very sturdy. One of them will be a KodiBuntu box and maybe the second one will replace the RPi2 Zee 2 box in the attic.

It is too bad now cuz I can't download the manual for it as it appears that the site is not available. Wondering if they went out of business in the last few days or just that the site is down?

Xi3 dot com

I think it's in receivership, if you look at the xi3 whois listing.
                                Sometime early last year they seem to have disappeared off the radar. Glassdoor.com doesn't have a lot good to say about them...

I got a X7A last year (is why I know) and Not too bad a box all things considered, although it always runs hot and noisey.

Z

Comment

Working...
                                X