• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Device Switch

I am trying to create a multi-device switch, and have so far done this:

• Created a virtual device "Kitchen Master"
    • Created an Event - Kitchen Master Off
    • Created an Event - Kitchen Master On

Both Events control all of the devices in the room and will turn on or off the devices based on the state of the virtual device.

The problem I am running into is that I want the master device to show as on, even if one light is turned on. This way, it makes it easier to know that something is on in that room, and have the ability to just send the off command.

How would you guys solve this?

Thanks!

You would need to setup an event that is triggered by any of the devices to set the virtual devices status based on the change of each device you are controlling.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was really hoping that wasn't the case! That is a lot of one off events!

Comment

Originally posted by airedale View Post
        I was really hoping that wasn't the case! That is a lot of one off events!
        Actually, not. You can use a bunch of OR IFs to accomplish the ON part relatively easy.

If Light 1 is changed and becomes on
        OR IF light 2 is changed and becomes on
        OR IF light 3 is changed and becomes on
        THEN turn Virtual Device ON.

You can add some "And IFs" to check if the virtual device is already on. Not sure if it's worth it here since it's just a virtual device. IF it was a physical device I would add that.

For the OFF part, it will kinda suck. But same premise:

IF Light 1 is changed and becomes off
        AND IF light 2 has a value of off
        AND IF light 3 has a value of off

OR IF Light 2 is changed and becomes off
        AND IF light 1 has a value of off
        AND IF light 3 has a value of off

OR IF Light 3 is changed and becomes off
        AND IF light 2 has a value of off
        AND IF light 1 has a value of off

THEN turn virtual device of.

Obviously for the OFF as you include more devices it gets a lot longer. I would call it tedious as opposed to hard.

I hope this helps

Comment

For the Off part you could use the approach in this thread. On event with a bunch of Or Ifs checking if any went off, then action runs second event to see if they are all off with And Ifs.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...59&postcount=8

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
            For the Off part you could use the approach in this thread. On event with a bunch of Or Ifs checking if any went off, then action runs second event to see if they are all off with And Ifs.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...59&postcount=8
            That's a neat idea!

Comment

How about in the case of a dimmer? I just installed some ZWave light bulbs. . .and trying to figure out the best way to control them all together. . .was thinking a virtual dimmer switch might work. . .but I am not thinking of a way to read the virtual device's dim level and set all the other devices without a custom script. Any way in the event engine?

Comment

I answered this question in one of the other two threads.

I use Spud's Easy Trigger plug-in. Disregard the four virtual devices in the first action, they are for my level setting events.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	1189054
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                X