No announcement yet.

Propane Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried to buy a TankUtility today on Amazon and it is gone. I went to their site and was able to place an order, though after purchasing the page said due to high demand to expect it not to ship for two weeks.

I guess I'll be waiting a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine took a little while to arrive. They are actually located in Boston. Quincy I think...
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
        Mine took a little while to arrive. They are actually located in Boston. Quincy I think...
        I could drive there and beg for one in 25 minutes. Now I wonder if my being in MA is what triggered them to then email me shortly after placing the order and ask if I'd share what company delivers my propane.

Now you have me wondering if your name is Worcester Policy Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by scorp508 View Post
          I could drive there and beg for one in 25 minutes. Now I wonder if my being in MA is what triggered them to then email me shortly after placing the order and ask if I'd share what company delivers my propane.

Now you have me wondering if your name is Worcester Policy Tech.
          I thought it was Wooster Poli Tech for the Criminally Insane

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
            I thought it was Wooster Poli Tech for the Criminally Insane
            Wellllcome to Wishtah'. Dollah twenty-five please.

Comment

Ok, off topic. But, you are correct. This is quite an old login.... I had forgot my attachment to the place.

One day our freshman year, someone from my floor ordered something from a catalog sent to Worcester Polytechnic Institute. (back in the day of the paper catalog)

They sent him a letter back saying that they would need the express written permission from the warden before sending such an item to a prison.

We called them back telling them that it was an academic institute, and despite the fact that sometimes it in fact felt like a jail, we were in fact all free young men.

I think the customer service rep was embarrassed.

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

They sent him a letter back saying that they would need the express written permission from the warden before sending such an item to a prison.

We called them back telling them that it was an academic institute, and despite the fact that sometimes it in fact felt like a jail, we were in fact all free young men.

I think the customer service rep was embarrassed.
                This is fantastic. Good ole' Walpole.

Comment

Unit shipped and should be here on Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unit shipped and should be here on Monday!
                    Arrived and installed, now to get it working in HomeSeer.

Comment

Interesting. I will post the one I wrote. I assumed the device and token won't change-- so mine makes the one JSON call to tank utility, but you have to get your token and device number.
                      I'm getting the following errors when running your script. I don't do much scripting on this box so I suspect I have to put the proper DLLs in the right location and edit system.ini for scripting references.

I'm a Windows install. Mind if I ask what path you have your newtonsoft files and what your scriptingreferences looks look?

Jan-23 12:22:15 AM

Error
                      Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\tankUtility.vb: 'JsonConvert' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.

Error
                      Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\tankUtility.vb: 'JsonConvert' is not declared. It may be inaccessible due to its protection level.

Error

Error
                      Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\tankUtility.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Error
                      Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\tankUtility.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Newtonsoft.Json' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Error
                      Compiling script C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\tankUtility.vb: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Core' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

Comment

You may need to make sure/modify you INI file in your config directory.

Make sure it has these files in your ScriptingReference.... you should be able to find other posts/documents here describing the ScriptingReference...

ScriptingReferences=Newtonsoft.Json;Newtonsoft.Json.dll

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

You may need to make sure/modify you INI file in your config directory.

Make sure it has these files in your ScriptingReference.... you should be able to find other posts/documents here describing the ScriptingReference...

ScriptingReferences=Newtonsoft.Json;Newtonsoft.Json.dll
                          I think this was partially a rookie error. I realized when restarting HS3 my settings.ini file was being overwritten and removing my ScriptingReferences line as I was making my edit while HS3 was running. It must copy the .BAK file over the .INI file upon shutting down or writes what it's using in memory to settings.ini upon shutdown... something to that effect.

I shut down HS3, made the settings.ini edit, started HS3 and finally saw an error that Newtonsoft.Json.dll could not be found. I then copied the .dll...

To: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\

Two things happened after this.

1st... your script worked perfectly. All data read and new devices created as expected. Nice work!

2nd... it broke the JowiHue and ecobee plugins. From the error I saw JowiHue repeating over and over it makes me feel like it found a newly loaded .dll but didn't like the version of it.

Error: (UpdateBridgeCache):Is Bridge Philips hue reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

There are seven instances of Newtonsoft.json.dll in my entire homeseer directory structure.

.\bin\ = v9.0.1.19813
                          .\bin\weatherXML\ = v9.0.1.19813
                          .\bin\homeseer\ = v8.0.3.19514
                          .\bin\Z-Wave = v8.0.3.19514
                          .\bin\Imperihome\ = v7.0.1.18622 (499KB) (Must be leftover files as this plugin is not installed.)
                          .\bin\Ecobee\ = v7.0.1.18622 (508KB)
                          .bin\JowiHue\ = v7.0.1.18622 (499KB)

Of the list above, both Ecobee and JowiHue share the same oldest common version of 7.0.1.18622. The one I copied into .\HomeSeer HS3\ was v9.0.1.19813.

Removing the entry from settings.ini wasn't enough to fix them. I actually had to remove NewtonSoft.json.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\ for those two plugins to be repaired.

Is there a way to tell them, hey guys... keep using the Newtonsoft.json.dll in your own directories and ignore the one in scriptingreferences. Or, would I be better off importing the .dll as part of your script?

Comment

Funny. I happen to run both of those plugins. I do recall that there was a thread about this...

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189876

I think this was partially a rookie error. I realized when restarting HS3 my settings.ini file was being overwritten and removing my ScriptingReferences line as I was making my edit while HS3 was running. It must copy the .BAK file over the .INI file upon shutting down or writes what it's using in memory to settings.ini upon shutdown... something to that effect.

I shut down HS3, made the settings.ini edit, started HS3 and finally saw an error that Newtonsoft.Json.dll could not be found. I then copied the .dll...

To: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\

Two things happened after this.

1st... your script worked perfectly. All data read and new devices created as expected. Nice work!

2nd... it broke the JowiHue and ecobee plugins. From the error I saw JowiHue repeating over and over it makes me feel like it found a newly loaded .dll but didn't like the version of it.

Error: (UpdateBridgeCache):Is Bridge Philips hue reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

There are seven instances of Newtonsoft.json.dll in my entire homeseer directory structure.

.\bin\ = v9.0.1.19813
                            .\bin\weatherXML\ = v9.0.1.19813
                            .\bin\homeseer\ = v8.0.3.19514
                            .\bin\Z-Wave = v8.0.3.19514
                            .\bin\Imperihome\ = v7.0.1.18622 (499KB) (Must be leftover files as this plugin is not installed.)
                            .\bin\Ecobee\ = v7.0.1.18622 (508KB)
                            .bin\JowiHue\ = v7.0.1.18622 (499KB)

Of the list above, both Ecobee and JowiHue share the same oldest common version of 7.0.1.18622. The one I copied into .\HomeSeer HS3\ was v9.0.1.19813.

Removing the entry from settings.ini wasn't enough to fix them. I actually had to remove NewtonSoft.json.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\ for those two plugins to be repaired.

Is there a way to tell them, hey guys... keep using the Newtonsoft.json.dll in your own directories and ignore the one in scriptingreferences. Or, would I be better off importing the .dll as part of your script?

Plug-Ins Enabled:

Comment

Remote ready cable

Does anyone have a source where I can just buy the Remote Ready (R3D) cable with sensor. I started with Rochester Gauges who makes the gauge themselves and they point me at companies that make remote reading systems.

I'm evaluating making a new system and just want the cable - not a system.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffj35290 View Post
                                Does anyone have a source where I can just buy the Remote Ready (R3D) cable with sensor. I started with Rochester Gauges who makes the gauge themselves and they point me at companies that make remote reading systems.

I'm evaluating making a new system and just want the cable - not a system.

Thanks!
                                I ended up getting mine on ebay and alas wouldnt fit so I need to find one as well. Need with with out the "ears"

Comment

Working...
                                X