Echo announce's now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo announce's now

Amazon just announced that Alexa can Announce to all devices, how can we use homeseer speaker to announce to all devices like an driveway alert?

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
    Amazon just announced that Alexa can Announce to all devices, how can we use homeseer speaker to announce to all devices like an driveway alert?

Yeah, they announced it about a week ago. The way it works is you still have to speak to the Echo. "Alexa, ANNOUNCE dinner is ready"

The echo records your voice and sends everything after ANNOUNCE to ALL of your Echo devices.

If you wanted to send an alert (this was briefly discussed in another thred) you would need to have an HS speaker client (including a Google Home if you use the Chromecast plugin) near one of your echoes. Have the speaker client state what you want to announce to the echo.

Kind of a crappy workaround. I thought about it. I've got about six echo devices here but also have a Google Home and two mini's along with a couple of tablets running HSTouch. Easier for me to just send the announcements to the speaker clients instead and use the announce feature for stuff like my example, dinner is ready, time to go, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
      Yeah, they announced it about a week ago. The way it works is you still have to speak to the Echo. "Alexa, ANNOUNCE dinner is ready"

The echo records your voice and sends everything after ANNOUNCE to ALL of your Echo devices.

If you wanted to send an alert (this was briefly discussed in another thred) you would need to have an HS speaker client (including a Google Home if you use the Chromecast plugin) near one of your echoes. Have the speaker client state what you want to announce to the echo.

Kind of a crappy workaround. I thought about it. I've got about six echo devices here but also have a Google Home and two mini's along with a couple of tablets running HSTouch. Easier for me to just send the announcements to the speaker clients instead and use the announce feature for stuff like my example, dinner is ready, time to go, etc.

this does work for what i need, thanks just set this up, had an echo at my computer with my HS running on it now when i am in my barn or in the basement i can hear when some one is coming up the drive.

Comment

Working...
      X