No announcement yet.

WeatherFlow plug-in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I just found the problem. You will need to address this for those who purchase this plugin...

OMG This was a Microsoft update issue.

I was working from my end to see if there was anything that could possibly be causing this issue. I was about to give up when I noticed that my NIC was showing that it was a "Public" connection. That should not be the case and is NOT how my network was set up. Looks like the 1803 update for windows 10 toggles your network to public. :/

As soon as I switched it back to private everything was working again. Not sure how your Wdump app was working but I am very happy to inform you that as of this writing everything is working again.

Thank you for being patient with me while we worked through this issue.

Regards,
    Tony
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
    Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Now that this is fixed I turned off debugging but I am still getting this

Jun-12 8:36:06 PM WeatherFlow Top of UDP listen Loop.

every couple seconds in the log.

Take your time with this as I'm going to be out of town until Sunday and I'm sure it's not going to cause any issue.

Regards,
      Tony

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
        I think I just found the problem. You will need to address this for those who purchase this plugin...

OMG This was a Microsoft update issue.

As soon as I switched it back to private everything was working again. Not sure how your Wdump app was working but I am very happy to inform you that as of this writing everything is working again.
        From the last round of logs, it definitively looked like something was blocking the messages. However, I had figured that if you had manually changed any firewall rules, you would have suspected that early on. Nice of Microsoft to do so behind your back.

Why WFDump was able to work is still a mystery. It's using the same methods as the plugin. Maybe something in the plug-in triggered a firewall rule but WFDump didn't. Possibly based on how the program was started.

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
        Now that this is fixed I turned off debugging but I am still getting this

Jun-12 8:36:06 PM WeatherFlow Top of UDP listen Loop.

every couple seconds in the log.
        You can switch back and re-install from the updater. 3.0.0.7 just got published there and the only difference between that and what you're running now is all the debug logging.

I'll leave most of that in going forward, except for the message above, no one wants that cluttering up the log.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in
        http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Cool thanks.

Comment

Hello:

I recently received my WeatherFlow station and am in the process of getting it installed. So far I just have the hub running and the Air located inside the house - just to see what measurements would be like and to see how reliable the connections (between Air and Hub, between Hub and network) are. I have had some problems with the hub going offline - something I hope I have fixed with changing some WAP settings, but this has shown me it seems it would be handy if there was a device (for the Hub perhaps) or for the Air and Sky (each) that showed whether they were online or not. Does that exist with the current plugin, and if not, does the WeatherFlowAPI provide the information?

Regards,
            BBB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
              Hello:

I recently received my WeatherFlow station and am in the process of getting it installed. So far I just have the hub running and the Air located inside the house - just to see what measurements would be like and to see how reliable the connections (between Air and Hub, between Hub and network) are. I have had some problems with the hub going offline - something I hope I have fixed with changing some WAP settings, but this has shown me it seems it would be handy if there was a device (for the Hub perhaps) or for the Air and Sky (each) that showed whether they were online or not. Does that exist with the current plugin, and if not, does the WeatherFlowAPI provide the information?

Regards,
              BBB
              The data is all being "pushed" to the plug-in, either from the hub or from the WeatherFlow servers. There are timestamp values in the data, but that doesn't provide anymore information than looking at the last update time for the devices. Today, the reporting interval is set at 1 minute (except for rapid wind), but my understanding is that may change or may be configurable in the future.

It may be possible to set up something to monitor the last update time and trigger if it's more than 1 minute old.

It is also possible to add timers to the plug-in to do that type of monitoring too and trigger an event if data is not received within the expected interval.

I think there are other plug-ins designed to do device status type monitoring.
              --
              Bob Paauwe
              ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

What weather station are you using with this plugin? I went to WeatherFlow's site and saw this really interesting station (that has lightning detection) that I would really like to get, but it says available soon.

http://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/

Really would like an affordable weather station with lightning detection that works with HomeSeer!

Thanks,

BSR
                --------------------------------------------------
                **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Dear BSR:

You found the right one; you just happened to catch them in a period of transition. They developed the product via Indiegogo funding - which was enormously successful. However, with that kind of demand came the challenge of producing enough product, and with it issues like initial design needing to be tweaked, parts going obsolete, trade wars with China, etc. -- so bottom line, they just finished shipping out the last of the Indiegogo orders and are getting ready to sell the product via their web site. I suggest just keep polling the web site.

Regards,
                  BBB

Comment

Originally posted by BraveSirRobbin View Post
                    What weather station are you using with this plugin? I went to WeatherFlow's site and saw this really interesting station (that has lightning detection) that I would really like to get, but it says available soon.

http://weatherflow.com/smart-home-weather-stations/

Really would like an affordable weather station with lightning detection that works with HomeSeer!

Thanks,

BSR
                    That's the one. They did a Indigogo campaign and just (like last week) finished shipping out all of the pre-orders from that. They haven't provided a solid date for when retail units will be available. Right now they are working to resolve issues with the existing systems. I just received my order last week.

The system is pretty well made and has some unique features.

They make the sensor data readily available on your local network via UDP broadcasts so it's really easy to grab that data and do whatever you want. They also make it available, real-time, via a websocket server. They are also working on some type of continuous/auto calibration for the various sensors. The goal is to get good sensor calibrations and keep them calibrated.

There are some issues with the humidity sensor (like pretty much all of the low cost RH sensors), but it's getting worked out. The haptic rain sensor is pretty interesting and I don't think we'll really know until it's been in use for a while how it really compares to a tipping bucket.

The lightning detector is quite sensitive and detects more than just lightning. Mine is picking up something nearby that generates false readings every now and then.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I downloaded the plugin last night and installed it on my Linux-based HS3 system. It looks like there are a lot of options for events! I do have a few comments:
                      • For those of us using Imperial units instead of metric, it would be nice to have ONE page where we could change the units rather than having to change every device's settings individually.
                      • Even though I have wind speed set for miles per hour, when I use Wind Speed as my Event Trigger, I still have to provide the value in meters/second - see attached photo.
                      Regards,
                      BBB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadBuzz View Post
                        I downloaded the plugin last night and installed it on my Linux-based HS3 system. It looks like there are a lot of options for events! I do have a few comments:
                        • For those of us using Imperial units instead of metric, it would be nice to have ONE page where we could change the units rather than having to change every device's settings individually.
                        • Yeah, it can be a bit of pain to set everything individually. I did originally have a configuration page where you set the units for each type of data and that's what you got. But when I added the ability to have multiple stations I thought it might be useful to have different stations displaying different units, maybe I'm overthinking it and have added too much flexibility here.

• Even though I have wind speed set for miles per hour, when I use Wind Speed as my Event Trigger, I still have to provide the value in meters/second - see attached photo.
                      Regards,
                      BBB
                      Ok, this confused me for a while. I had forgotten that I had created the wind speed/direction event triggers. These triggers are only used if remote and rapid wind data is enabled. The remote connection will send a rapid wind event message and this can be used to trigger off that value. The value from the WeatherFlow servers is in m/s and I don't do any conversion. Since this isn't tied to the actual HS device records, it doesn't really have the access to your wind speed device preferences.

Looks like I never got around to adding the triggers to the UDP local data rapid wind messages. I should do that. I'll also have to think about how the units could be selected here. Maybe adding something to the event creation screen where you select the units.

--
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Also, the Luminance "High" threshold set in the device's status text is 5000, although I noted on my Sky that the value can get close to 100,000 - am I missing something? Thanks for all the effort in putting this together; I'm looking forward to being able to add this capability to my HS3 system.

Regards,
                        BBB

Comment

Also, the Luminance "High" threshold set in the device's status text is 5000, although I noted on my Sky that the value can get close to 100,000 - am I missing something?
                          Nope, you're not missing anything. I thought I had fixed that but looks like I just updated the actual device and not the code. So thanks for reporting it. I've updated the code so it will be fixed in the next release. Before I actually got the hardware I had no idea what the range for this was, I guess I could have done some research but just stuck 5000 in there as a placeholder.

You can just update the value in the device status/graphics tab and all will be fine. I'm setting it to 200,000 just to be safe.
                          --
                          Bob Paauwe
                          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

FYI, I can set it to a larger value, but of course every time the plugin restarts (or HomeSeer restarts), the value gets set back to 5000.

Regards,
                            BBB

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post

Nope, you're not missing anything. I thought I had fixed that but looks like I just updated the actual device and not the code. So thanks for reporting it. I've updated the code so it will be fixed in the next release. Before I actually got the hardware I had no idea what the range for this was, I guess I could have done some research but just stuck 5000 in there as a placeholder.

You can just update the value in the device status/graphics tab and all will be fine. I'm setting it to 200,000 just to be safe.
                              Depending on what the high value is used for, high would be around 150,000.

Comment

• Working...
                                X