www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Bob's Place Media Engineering Plug-Ins > WeatherFlow (3P)

WeatherFlow (3P) Discussion of WeatherFlow plug-in

Old June 12th, 2018, 11:35 PM
Seer Master

Arrow

I think I just found the problem. You will need to address this for those who purchase this plugin...

OMG This was a Microsoft update issue.

I was working from my end to see if there was anything that could possibly be causing this issue. I was about to give up when I noticed that my NIC was showing that it was a "Public" connection. That should not be the case and is NOT how my network was set up. Looks like the 1803 update for windows 10 toggles your network to public. :/

As soon as I switched it back to private everything was working again. Not sure how your Wdump app was working but I am very happy to inform you that as of this writing everything is working again.

Thank you for being patient with me while we worked through this issue.

Regards,
Tony
Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML
Old June 12th, 2018, 11:37 PM
Seer Master

Now that this is fixed I turned off debugging but I am still getting this

Jun-12 8:36:06 PM WeatherFlow Top of UDP listen Loop.

every couple seconds in the log.

Take your time with this as I'm going to be out of town until Sunday and I'm sure it's not going to cause any issue.

Regards,
Tony

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML
Old June 13th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
I think I just found the problem. You will need to address this for those who purchase this plugin...

OMG This was a Microsoft update issue.

As soon as I switched it back to private everything was working again. Not sure how your Wdump app was working but I am very happy to inform you that as of this writing everything is working again.
From the last round of logs, it definitively looked like something was blocking the messages. However, I had figured that if you had manually changed any firewall rules, you would have suspected that early on. Nice of Microsoft to do so behind your back.

Why WFDump was able to work is still a mystery. It's using the same methods as the plugin. Maybe something in the plug-in triggered a firewall rule but WFDump didn't. Possibly based on how the program was started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Now that this is fixed I turned off debugging but I am still getting this

Jun-12 8:36:06 PM WeatherFlow Top of UDP listen Loop.

every couple seconds in the log.
You can switch back and re-install from the updater. 3.0.0.7 just got published there and the only difference between that and what you're running now is all the debug logging.

I'll leave most of that in going forward, except for the message above, no one wants that cluttering up the log.
http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/
Old June 13th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Seer Master

Cool thanks.