This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
    Honestly, I totally forgot, sorry. I appreciate the nudge. Let me see what I can do for you over the next couple weeks.
    Thank you.
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

New version posted specifically for stability and bug fixes. I'm still working on all your feature requests. Anything to do with the scheduling will take longer. For the immediate future my goal is to get things like humidity working for you.

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
        Thank you.
        Hey,

I need your help in testing out the functionality of the new features you had me put in place. I do not have access to any CT-80 thermostats to test the code.

I have pushed a new update out that has the following new features enabled:

New Device Types:
        • Humidity Sensor
        • Humidifier Control
        • DeHumidifier Control
        • NightLight Control
        • SaveEnergy Control
        • AirBaffle Control

New Actions available to events:
        • Reboot Device
        • Set Price Message Area
        • Set User Message Area
        • Set LED color
        • Set Remote Temperature Override
        • Clear Remote Temperature Override

I was able to test all the actions except the user message area as it's specific to the CT-80.

As for new device controls, I was unable to test any of them as the CT-30 and CT-50 does not have any of those features.

Please let me know the status of your testing so that I can make an official announcement that these features are now functional.

Comment

Hey,

I need your help in testing out the functionality of the new features you had me put in place. I do not have access to any CT-80 thermostats to test the code.

I have pushed a new update out ...
          Should the new devices be created automatically? I updated to 1.0.17351.159 but I only see the original devices. Do I need to delete the devices and re-discover the thermostat?

I also don't see the new actions in the events.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
          Steve

Comment

Give the plugin a stop and a start real quick to make sure it started fresh.

Then go create a new event, drop down the action part not the trigger part and scroll all the way down. You should see something along the lines of this...

As for the new devices, yes their supposed to be created automatically, but as I stated I have absolutely no way to test them. I'm not very confident that those are working correctly. Let me see if I can throw in a way to have you dump some information for me to work from remotely so that I can test using a fake device.

Comment

Give the plugin a stop and a start real quick to make sure it started fresh.

Then go create a new event, drop down the action part not the trigger part and scroll all the way down. You should see something along the lines of this...

As for the new devices, yes their supposed to be created automatically, but as I stated I have absolutely no way to test them. I'm not very confident that those are working correctly. Let me see if I can throw in a way to have you dump some information for me to work from remotely so that I can test using a fake device.
              OK, I found the events and will play around with them for you, but I still don't have any new devices (humidity, etc.)

Am I still doing something wrong?

Thanks
              Steve

Comment

Hey,

New Device Types:
                • Humidity Sensor
                • Humidifier Control
                • DeHumidifier Control
                • NightLight Control
                • SaveEnergy Control
                • AirBaffle Control

• Reboot Device
                • Set Price Message Area
                • Set User Message Area
                • Set LED color

I was able to test all the actions except the user message area as it's specific to the CT-80.

As for new device controls, I was unable to test any of them as the CT-30 and CT-50 does not have any of those features.

Please let me know the status of your testing so that I can make an official announcement that these features are now functional.
                Thanks for this update. This looks big. I'm going to test the remote temp this week.

Comment

Is there a way to use a variable or a value from another device for "Set Remote Temp Override"?

Comment

Originally posted by joey52685 View Post
                    Is there a way to use a variable or a value from another device for "Set Remote Temp Override"?
                    Not yet, it's on my todo list, but literally threw this in yesterday. Stayed up til 4am getting all those features in. My next round I'll include some abilities to map to variables, just as soon as I figure out how to do it. LOL

Comment

I haven't tried this yet, but we could try to use the built in variables

https://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/s...ment_variables

$$DVAaddress):

Replacement is the VALUE of the device indicated by (address). For example, if the device at address R40 has a value of 100, then using $$DV:R40: in the text will result in 100 after the substitution.

$$DVCcode): Same as $$DVA but gets the device value using the device code.

$$DVRref): Same as $$DVA but gets the device value using the device reference number.

Comment

Looks like my plugin won't allow non-numerics right now. I'll do some internal testing to see if the variables work if I allow them in the field. If they work, then I'll update to let that all work

Comment

New version pushed. This version adds some new functionality as requested.
                          • The Price Message Area Action and the Temperature Override Action will now accept the macro entry for:
                            Code:
                            $$DVR:([I]ref[/I]):
                            Where "ref" is the reference number of another device. The value of this device will be used for setting the Action's value.

To find a devices reference number you can do one of two things:
                          • Click on the device's name then click advanced and the Reference ID will be the first entry.
                          • Click on Tools -> Setup -> Custom and enable the checkbox for "Show Device Reference Number on Device Management Page (for developers)". All devices will now show their reference IDs on the main device page on the left-hand side.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

CT-80 Event Action test results

Hey,

New Device Types:
                              • Humidity Sensor
                              • Humidifier Control
                              • DeHumidifier Control
                              • NightLight Control
                              • SaveEnergy Control
                              • AirBaffle Control

• Reboot Device
                              • Set Price Message Area
                              • Set User Message Area
                              • Set LED color

Eric - I still don't have any of your new devices showing up. I'm not sure what I need to do to get them to show up in Devices. I only have the original nine (9) devices showing up. I have disabled/enabled the plugin with no change.

As for testing the actions, I have verified that the LED Green/Yellow/Red/Off, Price Message Area, and User Message Area all work just fine. I'll look in to what the remote temperature is and what to put in there and see if that works, too.

But it does seem that the Reboot Device action does NOT work. I sent it multiple times, and there was no reaction at the thermostat.

How do I get the new devices showing up? Then I can test those for you, too. Still running version 1.0.17353.162.

Thanks
                              Steve

Comment

Eric - I just noticed yesterday that even though the devices in Device List aren't being updated, that your plugin *IS* still talking to the thermostat. I can change the setpoint, I can turn the LEDs on and off, I can set the message areas, all this even when the devices (I only have the original 9 showing up) haven't been updated in days. It's as if your plugin can talk to my thermostat, but can't hear it or isn't listening to it.

I'm sorry I didn't spot this sooner. I had made an incorrect assumption that because the devices weren't being updated that your plugin wasn't communicating to the thermostat at all.

Maybe this might lend a hand at finding out what's wrong?

Thanks,
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X