This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ianmcg View Post
    I seem to also have a number of "bad links" in quote a few KPLS. These seem to be some of the original KPLs i added "unsure if these are groups being overridden as I have exceeded 992). I'm deleting the from the KPL's themselves but unsure if this helps my PLM database or not.

Here is an example:

Link #13 Button B is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #58 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
    Link #14 Button C is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #59 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
    Link #15 Button D is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #60 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
    Link #16 Button E is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #61 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
    Link #17 Button F is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #62 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
    Link #18 Button G is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #63 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
    Link #19 Button H is controlled by HomeSeer using Hub Group #64 (Bad Link Entry, unreferenced group #) - On Level :
    delete these on every kpl. then reset and reprogram the plm again.

I don't know what the all 0 link data is
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks again Mark.

I've cleaned up everything I can and have removed several large groups. The zero items seem to still be killing me though. I've eliminated over 200 links but am still over 1000. As I do a "display interface links" I see about 600 "real links" and over 300 all zero links. Is there any way to directly edit the DB on the PLM to remove these? If I could get those out of the system it would seem I'd be well under the 992 threshold.

Comment

Thanks again Mark.

I've cleaned up everything I can and have removed several large groups. The zero items seem to still be killing me though. I've eliminated over 200 links but am still over 1000. As I do a "display interface links" I see about 600 "real links" and over 300 all zero links. Is there any way to directly edit the DB on the PLM to remove these? If I could get those out of the system it would seem I'd be well under the 992 threshold.
        the factory reset on the plm should clear all that out. its the best way.

if the reset isn't getting rid of these bogus links, then there maybe a problem with the plm itself.

the plm manages which links are active and inactive internally. the plugin doesn't know one way or another. that's why it displays them. the plugin reads until the plm reports the end of the link database flag is set.

you would need a way to generate insteon msgs to the plm in order to delete links. you would also need to know the memory address of the link to delete. there is a tool called docklight that can do this, but I don't think its worth the effort.

can you tell me the model number, fw ver, and hw ver of the plm you have?

Some of this is available at startup within the log, and the hw ver is on a sticker on the plm

I want to determine what the limit on the # of links is for your specific PLM
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks Mark, my PLM is a Model: 2245-222 Rev 1.09 on the hardware and FW 9D.

I was able to take the following steps:

1. Factory reset of PLM
          2. Did a "Display Interface Links" (had no links)
          3. Completed a "Reset and Reprogram" (this sent ~1050 links to PLM)
          4. Did a 2nd "Display Links... and now had 992 links downloaded from PLM

At the end of the day when we reprogram the PLM we end up with over 300 all zero entries. It seems that the plugin is programming these links?

Any thoughts?

Comment

Thanks Mark, my PLM is a Model: 2245-222 Rev 1.09 on the hardware and FW 9D.

I was able to take the following steps:

1. Factory reset of PLM
            2. Did a "Display Interface Links" (had no links)
            3. Completed a "Reset and Reprogram" (this sent ~1050 links to PLM)
            4. Did a 2nd "Display Links... and now had 992 links downloaded from PLM

At the end of the day when we reprogram the PLM we end up with over 300 all zero entries. It seems that the plugin is programming these links?

Any thoughts?
            are you sure about that model number? that's a Hub not a traditional PLM

if it is a hub, the max link count 1023.

I think you are still over the limit and its messing up the database.

your 8 btn KPLs are taking up a lot of links. nothing more I can do there.

if you enable detailed logging before the reset and reprogram, you will see what is being programmed. let me know if you find the plugin sending a bunch of zeros to the plm
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I'm still working to pair down my groups and It would seem that the only way forward is to remove all groups and look at CAPI scripting to handle this (I've tested this and made it work although struggling with Ramping and with the perceptible delay going this route)...

If I remove all groups it gets my link DB down to 756. I was really counting on using groups but this may not be possible given the instillation size.

Mark, is there a device with a larger link database? Perhaps moving to a traditional PLM vs. a hub? I've got so much invested in Insteon that I really can't move away from the hardware. But I hate having to script over 50 groups vs. using the Insteon group functionality.

Comment

according to smarthome.com the hub offers 992 links (which is what you are seeing)

the plm offers 1023 links (not that much more)

can you post the link info on the config page which shows you have used 756 links

i would like to see the other info

do you have a sense of how many links you were using per group? i thought it would require only one interface link per group but i guess it depends on what you are doing
                Last edited by mnsandler; October 27, 2017, 05:39 PM.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks Mark. The reason I asked on the links is that I'd found on an insteon forum that there was at one point a serial PLM that had 2000 links. However the post was old and it spoke to that product being discontinued many years ago.

The 756 I gleaned from watching the reprogram in my log. It seems to complete the devices at 756 and then start on to groups (hence my thinking that I could do away with groups). I actually was able to remove enough groups today that I'm now under the prior ceiling of 992. That's the good news. The bad news is that I still show several hundred zero entries when I display links.

I'm also wondering when I log the reprogram what the last argument is on the entries when the Plug-In is programming the link DB. Here is a snippit.

Oct-27 1:19:43 PM Insteon A total of 986 records were programmed into the Hub Interface.
                  Oct-27 1:19:43 PM Insteon 986 Links programmed...
                  Oct-27 1:19:42 PM Insteon Calling AddRecord for 3F.B2.3B 56 False
                  Oct-27 1:19:41 PM Insteon Calling AddRecord for 3F.B0.7D 56 False
                  Oct-27 1:19:40 PM Insteon Calling AddRecord for 3F.9A.5E 56 False

It looks like the "False" is used on groups. Just curious what the plugin is doing there.

You have 175 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 42 group(s).
                  These devices and groups currently consume 986 link database entries in your interface.*
                  You have 212 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

There are no unregistered Insteon addresses in the network.

Comment

do you still get the zero links after a reset and reprogram on the PLM? if so, the hub database isn't tell the plugin that its at the end of the link list, so the plugin is continuing to attempt to read the database memory.

can you enable detailed logging and post the the last dozen or so entries as the plugin gets to the end of the real links, and then a few entries of the all zero links.

the true/false at the end of the addrecord call just indicates the type of link to write (false=controller, true=responder)

i had it wrong above. The plugin writes one controller link for each member of the group. so the more members in the group, the more links required.

Ps there are no other controllers with a larger link database.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

curious about your progress on shrinking your interface database
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                      X