Error Initializing Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Initializing Interface

I've just installed mcsSprinklersS via the HS updater and entered my license codes. When HS starts the log has an error entry: 7/15/2009 8:15:53 PM Error Initializing interface: mcsSprinklersS->Object variable or With block variable not set.

I can't seem to be able to get the plug in to respond to anything via the Tools --> Interfaces menu.

Help!!!

Grant

See if there is a startuptrace.txt file in \data\mcsSprinklers and post it. If mcsSprinklers is not producing any errors in the HS log and HS is then it is likely some very basic issue such as a library/component not installed on your computer.

Comment

startuptrace.txt

Not too revealing, I think.
      Attached Files

Comment

The message "HTTP Server Init" is not present in the .NET version of the plugin so it looks as if you are running something that is not from the updater. Exactly what have you done to install it? Have you used the standalone version?

Comment

Yes, I did...

I used the standalone once, but then I deleted the installation, I think, and reinstalled from the updater again, but I'm not exactly sure of the sequence of events.

Should I try deleting the current installation and reinstalling from the updater?

Comment

Looks like a good plan. If you have a standalone setup you want to preserve then the mcsSprinkers.ini file can be reused. An edit may be needed if you use Rain8Net or UPB to change the R house code to whatever HS assigns. Also make certain there is no hspi_mcsSprinklers.ocx in the Homeseer folder after you uninstall.

Comment

Reinstallation worked!!!

Thanks. Now I have to get through the setup interview and test hardware installation.

Comment

Problems initializing the mcsSprinklersS plugin...

I am having the same issues as Grant is trying to initialize the mcsSprinklersS plugin. When it installs the first time, all seems fine. After the plugin is installed, and HS is restarted, I get the same error message that Grant saw:

Initializing interface: mcsSprinklersS->Object variable or With block variable not set.

I have uninstalled the plugin and re-installed it twice, with no change. I am running HS 2.3.0.77, and have a very stable system. I have been using the RainRelay8 plugin, and uninstalled it prior to trying to install the mcsSprinklersS plugin.

When I go into the interface setup page and click on config, nothing happens. The HS log simply echos;

Calling ConfigIO for mcsSprinklersS

I would really like to try out this plugin, but am stumped with what to do next. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

George

Comment

There should be a file under the Homeseer folder \Data\mcsSprinklers\StartupTrace.txt. That file will contain the startup steps that mcsSprinklers was able to execute. Post this file so we can see how far it got. Typically there is something very basic such as missing components.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                    There should be a file under the Homeseer folder \Data\mcsSprinklers\StartupTrace.txt. That file will contain the startup steps that mcsSprinklers was able to execute. Post this file so we can see how far it got. Typically there is something very basic such as missing components.
                    I am not sure if it is case sensitive, but I don't even have a \Data folder. I have a \data, but there is no mcsSprinklers sitting under the \data folder. I do have a number of folders relating to other plugins. As I mentioned before, I have uninstalled and re-installed the plugin twice, with no change each time I re-installed.

Comment

Are you certain you have installed the plugin in the same folder where HS is located. The plugin installer defaults to c:\program files\Homeseer HS2\ You can change it, but you need to be careful that it does actually contain your desired path in the text box.

Also to be clear the \data\mcsSprinklers folder is relative to where homeseer is installed and for a default install this will be c:\program files\Homeseer HS2\data\mcsSprinklers

The subfolders are created early in the initialization sequence as a result of HS calling the plugin's RegisterCallback procedure. This is well before HS calls the InitIO procedure from which the error you are seeing in the log is produced.

Comment

Working...
                      X