X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect Plug-in - Feature Requests

Please use this thread to ask for new features

-Recognition of pre-identified/pre-defined persons, so that Homeseer knows WHO is in the room.

Comment

Im with Automated on that - just like the XBOX sign on ...

Id like to add :

VR parsing so you can ask different varying phrases (Like the built in VR in HS). (ie : Weather for the next |1|2|3|4|5 days) - I need this for one of my custom scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
        VR parsing so you can ask different varying phrases (Like the built in VR in HS). (ie : Weather for the next |1|2|3|4|5 days) - I need this for one of my custom scripts.
        with the built in VR in HS, when you say "Weather for the next 3 days", how does your script retreives the number of days you asked for?

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
          I have added this feature in version 3.0.0.2 available from the Beta Testing thread
          so on your example the syntax would be:
          Code:
          Weather for the next <one|two|three|four|five> days
          when the phrase is recognized the plugin sets the global variable kinectvar0 to the number spoken, so that you can get it from a script using hs.GetVar("kinectvar0").
          You can add up to 10 multiple choices for the same phrase and get results from the global variables kinectvar0, kinectvar1, ...., kinectvar9

Comment

Hi Spud, is there a possible to assign a device that show on/off for listening status. If the Attention Phrase is accepted the device status should change to on or similar.
            Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
            --
            Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
            Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
              Hi Spud, is there a possible to assign a device that show on/off for listening status. If the Attention Phrase is accepted the device status should change to on or similar.
              why would be the use for such a device?
              right now, the way it works is that you have to say the attention phrase before each command: "Computer, turn the lights on", "Computer, stop the music", etc..., so the Kinect is kind of always listening.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                why would be the use for such a device?
                right now, the way it works is that you have to say the attention phrase before each command: "Computer, turn the lights on", "Computer, stop the music", etc..., so the Kinect is kind of always listening.
                Okey I thought that "Computer" would activate the listen mode for example next 10 seconds or so. In that case it have been great to have an lamp or hstouch notice to know that hs is waiting for command.

But now I know that I need to say "Computer" before every command whitout any delay.
                Thanks for your great work.
                Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                --
                Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                  -Recognition of pre-identified/pre-defined persons, so that Homeseer knows WHO is in the room.
                  This would be really cool!

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                  Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                  Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Multiple Remote Kinects?

I would love to be able to support multiple remote Kinects with this plugin. Ideally I would install a small PC in remote locations to "feed" HS commands. Similar to the Nitrogen device

http://www.nitrogenlogic.com/product...ontroller.html

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by footVOL View Post
                      I would love to be able to support multiple remote Kinects with this plugin. Ideally I would install a small PC in remote locations to "feed" HS commands. Similar to the Nitrogen device

http://www.nitrogenlogic.com/product...ontroller.html

Thoughts?
                      support for multiple instances (i.e multiple kinects) will be in the next release which I will post later this week.

you can already run the plugin as a remote plugin, here is how:
                      • copy HSPI_KINECT.exe, HSPI_KINECT.exe.config, Kinect.Toolbox.dll to a directory on your remote computer
                      • copy HomeSeerAPI.dll, HSCF.dll and Scheduler.dll from your HS3 directory to the same remote directory
                      • open a command prompt on your remote computer
                      • cd to the directory, then type HSPI_KINECT.exe server=<ip_of_your_hs_machine>

Comment

VR multiple commands.

I uses homeseer with XBMC and it would be nice for the Kinect to listen for multiple commands for a desired amount of time.

Example:
                        Like this:
                        Computer Up - Up - Right - Select
                        Instead of this:
                        Computer Up - Computer Up - Computer Right - Computer Select

Comment

Originally posted by Mad leal View Post
                          VR multiple commands.

I uses homeseer with XBMC and it would be nice for the Kinect to listen for multiple commands for a desired amount of time.

Example:
                          Like this:
                          Computer Up - Up - Right - Select
                          Instead of this:
                          Computer Up - Computer Up - Computer Right - Computer Select
                          Yes that's something I'm going to add, I was thinking of allowing users to define and load sub grammars. So for example you would say, "Computer enter XBMC mode", then you would be able to say specific XBMC commands like "Up", "Select", etc without having to say "computer" each time, then after a delay or a special command this sub grammar would be unloaded, and you would return to the regular mode.

Comment

An easier way to add voice and gesture controls. Maybe have a tab in the plug-in Config where you can configure them.

An empty box were you type the VR phrase and an drop down box were you select what event you would like to run.

BTW The XBMC feature sounds awesome. Thank you all your hard work.

Comment

Or even better.

VR box and a box were we can put a command to run(hs.RunScript(.....).

Comment

Working...
                              X