Must have UPB for HS3 - Now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must have UPB for HS3 - Now available!

I know this has been brought up before, even by me, however time has gone on and I think most of us using UPB have been pretty patient. That time is coming to an end though.

It's been several months now since I and others have asked this question but is there an ETA for the HomeSeer UPB plug-in?

I bought HS3 last June, expecting to be able to transition to it during the winter months, at that time it was a beta so I waited, no problem. Sometime during this time it's gone from beta to release and still no UPB plug-in from HomeSeer.

To me this is completely unacceptable, the lighting core, no matter what it is, is the heart and starting point of any automation system, without it the software is just a play toy that does nothing. No one would buy a Home Automation software package that did not support their chosen lighting protocol, that is except us hapless UPBers that never thought that HomeSeer would leave us swinging in the wind here. HomeSeer would never have released HS3 without Zwave being ready to go, are we UPB users some kind of step children who just get ignored here?

I don't think it's too much to ask that some kind of reasonable ETA be put out so I and others know how much longer we may have to wait before the HS3 that we bought is usable. I know Spud has written a 3rd party UPB plug-in and I'm sure it's very nice, however I am at this point waiting on what I already have, unless it's HomeSeer' hope that we will all just buy that and forget about the HomeSeer UPB plug-in. I know that's a bit of a cynical take on things but it's been a very long time and frustration has set in leaving me at this point.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

We had problems securing the source code for the plug-in for literally months. That has been resolved and we now have it. That said, we can now add it to our official development schedule. We do have other pressing issued ahead of this but we do plan to get this done this spring.

For what it's worth, we do have a very public company phone number and "contact us" form on our website. BOTH of those methods are better ways to communicate with us than this message board. If you post something here, it's hit or miss, since the volume of posts is so high.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      We had problems securing the source code for the plug-in for literally months. That has been resolved and we now have it. That said, we can now add it to our official development schedule. We do have other pressing issued ahead of this but we do plan to get this done this spring.

For what it's worth, we do have a very public company phone number and "contact us" form on our website. BOTH of those methods are better ways to communicate with us than this message board. If you post something here, it's hit or miss, since the volume of posts is so high.
      Mark:

I've made it pretty clear here that it's the lack of communication that's the larger problem. I have also called on this and about the Rain8relay plug-in. No answer on the UPB beyond we don't know but rain8relay got started and has stalled since CES.

You have to understand that the longer things go on without any word at all, the more disgruntled users who rely on something as core as UPB get. A public comment here and there in these forums, even without being asked, would go a very long way cutting down on the frustration.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
        Mark:

I've made it pretty clear here that it's the lack of communication that's the larger problem. I have also called on this and about the Rain8relay plug-in. No answer on the UPB beyond we don't know but rain8relay got started and has stalled since CES.

You have to understand that the longer things go on without any word at all, the more disgruntled users who rely on something as core as UPB get. A public comment here and there in these forums, even without being asked, would go a very long way cutting down on the frustration.
        We have this on our development list but there are a few items ahead of it. We could shuffle it up the list if there are a lot of guys waiting for it. So, for anyone who is waiting for this plug-in to migrate to HS3, send me an email with the subject line: "Must Have UPB for HS3". I'll collect these and forward the results to Rich.

Comment

any update on the timeline for this?

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by pete@malibubeach.com View Post
            any update on the timeline for this?

Pete
            Pete - Only 8 people have responded to my request to email me regarding this (see post above). The purpose for me requesting that is so I can make a business case to the engineers to move this up the priorities list. With only 8 responses, it's a pretty weak case.

If there's anyone else monitoring this thread that wants UPB support, please send in those emails with the subject "Must Have UPB for HS3".

Comment

Must have UPB for HS3

This message goes out to any of the Homeseer users that are using UPB.

I know that there are more than just 8 (eight) users today of UPB.

Please refer to this thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166251

Write to Mark with a message titled:

"Must have UPB for HS3"

I think there are much more than 8 users.

Personally I have tested the 3rd party UPB plugin in Wintel, Linux and by itself in Wintel and Linux. Works fine BUT Homeseer did promise a UPB plugin with the introduction of Homeseer 3.

Please answer this post and I will put your name on this list:

1 - Pete
              2 - pete at malibubeach dot com
              3 - Digger1
              4 - Nightwalker
              5 - JCRides
              6 - JohnBoy70_99
              7 - Uncle Michael
              8 - tenholde
              9 - jlrichar
              10 - completelyhis
              11 - drozwood90
              12 - untapi
              13 - Adam12hicks

If I have put your name on the above list in error; let me know and I will remove it.

I do not want to use this post as a complaining post but rather just informational please.
              Last edited by Pete; April 23, 2014, 09:29 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

So have enough people responded to warrant a plugin from HS?
                Mark, Rich, or Rupp could you reply with something definitive?

Thanks.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I've ask Mark for an update. Hopefully he'll have some time on Monday but knowing that there is a 3rd party plugin available most likely puts this plugin down the list a bit.

Comment

Vote

There is a poll for critical plugins for HS3. Please vote for UPB.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167647
                    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

James,
                      There already is a 3P (Spud) plug-in for UPB. Is there something unique that you are looking for from an HST-sourced plug-in?
                      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

No. The third party will work fine. Thanks for mentioning it. I've be a bit out of touch.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by joewilly1
                          If the 3rd party plugin works as well as a HS designed plugin would, why doesn't HS partner with the developer to allow those who purchased HS3 Pro access? Why reinvent the wheel?
                          I'm open to discussion

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoCat
                            But, given the past promises of HomeSeer, the continued reliance on an extra-cost plug-in does indicate a certain lack of trustworthiness by HomeSeer, donchathink?

I mean, yeah, it's $40, not $200, but doesn't integrity count?
                            "Integrity" comes in a variety of flavors. I think it's a pretty significant step to explicitly remove projects from the HST plate rather than to pretend to be working on them. We can wish that UPB capability was still included in the base price of HS3 Pro, but that's a business decision. They could have asked all users to help pay for UPB capability, but chose not to.

Given the choice, I'd prefer that HST be realistic about what they can and cannot do themselves, what it takes for them to remain financially viable, and to use all available alternatives to incorporate useful technological capability into the mix. I'm not sure they are all the way there yet, but splitting out UPB as a paid plug-in seems to be a step in the right direction - especially if the alternative was half-hearted and then ignored.
                            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

HomeSeer UPB plug-in now in updater

Here you go guys...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X