X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 newb

Originally posted by kideon View Post
    So I found a ds10a while moving and decided to finally play around with it. Running the latest beta of the plugin on an Insteon hub v1. How I make it work?

Did go through the documentation still am lost since this doesn’t have switches to set the code or anything. I made the device in homeseer hit all the options it shows Insteon x10 in the advanced tab. Updated x10 in the plugin. Just lost.
    the plugin doesn't support RF devices like this.

these devices don't send traditional x10 mgs.

you need a plugin like the rfxcom and antenna to receive these signals and convert them to x10

i think there is an rf to x10 antenna wall unit you could use.
    Last edited by mnsandler; October 27, 2017, 05:34 PM. Reason: i think there is an rf to x10 antenna wall unit you could use.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Here continue to utilize the old X10 Palm pads and other X10 wireless input devices like the CM11A et al. The batteries on these devices last forever.

For the garage stuff here use one X10 Palm pad which will trigger off the repetitive speech when the garage door is open, trigger multiple UPB light switches (for daylight in garage), temperature, et al. Use another X10 Palm pad to test irrigation zones manually.

I personally like mixing my Homeseer stuff here and continue to utilize X10 (and UPB, ZWave and Zigbee). Using the OmniPro panel I do proprietary wireless to solenoid switches which connect to the panel for other stuff.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X