X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Ping but no update to HS

Hi,

I've got an i2 TriggerLinc open/close sensor that recently stopped reporting. While in linking mode and doing a comm test, it scores 100% every time. When I open/close the door, the LED lights up and a nearby power line only dimmer module's LED flickers to show Insteon activity, yet no report to HS. I've ran "Program Device for Homeseer", and checked for bad links. I've restarted the plugin, then HS. I thought this might be related to my other recent communication problems on another circuit, but with 100% ping and zero updates it seems something else is wrong. I've also been deleting old, unused links in other devices recently but unsure how that could be related either.

This device is considered in a lot of events and scripts so before I do something stupid that requires a new device ID, is there anything else I can try to get this working again? If I factory reset the device and do a "Reprogram Device", will that give me a new ID?

Thanks
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

I see this with Detailed logging enabled for this device. Still no update in HS.

Nov-25 8:35:25 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 40 A6 44 D1 10 41 13 01

Nov-25 8:35:20 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 40 A6 44 D1 10 41 11 01
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

the factory reset and reprogram will not give you a new id.

as long as you don't delete the device from the plugin, you should be fine.

backup your insteon.ini and homeseer.hdb files just in case.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thank you for your reply, Mark. I did a factory reset on the device and then a "Reprogram Device" but that did not change anything. Still 100% comm, and the PLM is seeing the messages, but the device in HS is not updating. Any other ideas how to fix this? Any other troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thanks!

Comment

I did a "Display Interface Links" and searched for "14 40 A6" and did not find anything. Is that a clue? I would've figured if it was missing it would've been added during the "Reprogram..." Should I run "Update Interface Database" and is that safe?

Comment

can you post the log where you see an inbound msg from the triggerlinc?

by any chance, did you assign a Code (like A1) to the hs device? this is not supported. it messes up the Address.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

Post #2 shows the two open and close entries that appeared when I enabled "Detailed" logging.

No, there are no house codes assigned.

Is it normal not to have links in the PLM database for these types of devices? I noticed other, similar devices are not in the PLM database either.

Comment

those messages aren't typical for a triggerlinc. they are cleanup messages; i don't process those for a triggerlinc

the messages the plugin is expecting should look like the following typical broadcast message

14 40 A6 00 00 01 CF 13 00
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                  those messages aren't typical for a triggerlinc. they are cleanup messages; i don't process those for a triggerlinc

the messages the plugin is expecting should look like the following typical broadcast message
                  enabled detailed logging and press the set btn in the triggerlinc and see what type of messages are captured in the log

the i2 triggerlinc id is not required to be in the PLM. but the plm id should be in the triggerlinc as a link

can you reread the links in the triggerlinc and post them here.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Here is the message when I press the set button:

Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 40 A6 44 D1 10 41 11 01

I've done a reread again and the only link is:

Link #1 Open/Close Sensor has local control reporting to HomeSeer

Should I try deleting that link and then doing a "Programe Device for Homeseer", or would the factory reset and "Reprogram Device" have done the same thing?

Comment

the triggerlinc isn't generating the normal broadcast msgs

try the following
                      factory reset, and then 'program device for homeseer'
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I did what you suggested, a couple of times, but no change in behavior. I did observe the link being deleted after the factory reset, and recreated after the procedure. I even unscrewed it from the door frame so I could bring it close to the PLM to test. No change. Still just those 'group cleanup messages'.

The last update in HS for this device was around the time I was dealing with two other issues that don't seem related at the surface:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191913

and

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192060

I don't see how the re-wiring and new switches in the 2nd URL could be the cause, but I could see deleting links inadvertently causing a problem especially since I have a habit of using multiple tabs which I know is bad with the Insteon plugin. The thing is, I never put this device into linking mode to read or delete any links from it, until recently when I realized it wasn't reporting anymore.

I'm stumped. Seems too close to other changes for the explanation to be that it suddenly went faulty.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Mike,
                          what about if you link the triggerlinc to a switchlinc as a test. See if the switchlinc goes on and off with the triggerlinc. and capture the messages from the triggerlinc
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thank you for your continued help. I setup the link you suggested via the plugin and the light turned on and off when the contacts were opened and closed as expected. This is what was captured with Detailed logging:

Nov-26 6:55:11 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 40 A6 44 D1 10 4A 11 01

Nov-26 6:55:06 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 40 A6 44 D1 10 46 13 01 Debouncing repeat.

Nov-26 6:55:05 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 40 A6 44 D1 10 41 13 01

Nov-26 6:55:01 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 40 A6 44 D1 10 41 11 01

Nov-26 6:54:57 PM Insteon Received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):14 40 A6 44 D1 10 41 13 01

Any other suggestions?

Comment

do you have any other triggerlincs with the same fw ver that behaves like this one?

i think the unit needs to be replaced
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X