www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill Discussions regarding HomeSeer's Amazon Echo Skill

Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:44 PM
Super Seer

[SOLVED] Device not responding (but still turns on)

I have a zwave fan switch in my bedroom....

99.9% of the time when I ask alexa to turn on the bedroom fan it the response is "bedroom fan is not responding" however it always turns on.

Last night for the first time in many many months it said "ok", but later when I turn it off it went back to "bedroom fan is not responding"

Has anyone seen anything like this?

I've tried many time removing and re-adding the devices with no luck.

------

SOLVED

I figured this out. It was a problem with Z-wave. I think something on my controller was corrupted (z-troller)

After clearing the memory on that device, restoring the backup, and re-scanning the devices a few times everything appears to be working again.

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Last edited by zimmer62; November 7th, 2017 at 04:38 PM.