X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-NET Firmware Release Notes

Z-NET Release Notes
    Changes to Z-NET version 1.0.25:

* Added support for Sonoff Zigbee Interface. Updated restart landing pages.

Changes to Z-NET version 1.0.23:

* Added support to use the UZB Z-Wave interface instead of the built-in interface. This is mainly for use with the EU version of our Z-NET.

Changes to Z-NET version 1.0.22:

* Changes to support Z-NET V2

Changes to Z-NET version 1.0.20:

* Added a timeout to the network connection, if no data is received for 60 seconds, the connection is terminated which forces the Z-Wave plugin to re-connect.

Changes to Z-NET version 1.0.17:

* Fixed SSID not being saved if it contained $ characters (password also). Affects WIFI settings only.

* Added ability to reset the network settings to their defaults by pressing the "r" key and ENTER on an attached USB keyboard when the LED turns YELLOW for 5 seconds.

* Fixed settings getting lost if unit was power cycled immediately after the update was applied. See important note below.

Changes to Z-NET version 1.0.15:

* Fixed unit going back to DHCP if no network was available during startup

To update a Z-NET use find.homeseer.com to find your unit then click on the IP address to display the configuration page, then click the Update button.

IMPORTANT: There is a known issue with versions prior to 1.0.17, DO NOT power cycle the unit after you perform an update. If a power cycle is done immediately after an update the settings will not be saved properly and the unit will not boot. Wait at least 10 minutes before cycling power which is plenty of time for the settings to be saved.
    Last edited by rjh; November 8, 2016, 08:06 PM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

cannot get IP to open.. unable to update
    server works, z net does not

any ??
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Comment

Any notes for 1.0.20?

Comment

I updated them.

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post
          Any notes for 1.0.20?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            I updated them.
            Any release notes for 1.0.23? That is the version I get if I click update on my ZNET v2.

Comment

An update offer appeared on the V2 Z-Net. I am running 1.0.21. Apparently the update is 1.0.23. The update caused my Z-Net to boot but fail to connect. See this thread.

Hopefully
              1. In the future we will get release notes before an update is offered
              2. This update will be pulled or fixed

This is another reason not to blindly update a device when there are no release notes on the update. Fortunately for me, I always save an image of the SD card before updating, so I was able to go back to 1.0.21 (also no release notes) which has been working perfectly.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes, a botched update that was not suppose to be live. I have backed out all the files so its back to .22 and you will not be prompted.

If you did update and your Z-NET is not connecting, use find.homeseer.com to find your unit and click on the link. Now change the URL on that page by replacing /Net.php to /Emergency.php and then click the update button. This will restore the unit to the .22 update.

FYI, the update we are working on is for using a UZB USB Z-Wave adapter in the Z-NET, should be live on Monday.
                Last edited by rjh; November 5, 2016, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Yes, a botched update that was not suppose to be live. I have backed out all the files so its back to .22 and you will not be prompted.

If you did update and your Z-NET is not connecting, SSH to your unit and edit the file /etc/ser2net.conf and make sure only this line is enabled toward the end of the file:

2001:raw:0:/dev/ttyAMA0:115200 8DATABITS NONE 1STOPBIT -XONXOFF -RTSCTS

FYI, the update we are working on is for using a UZB USB Z-Wave adapter in the Z-NET, should be live on Monday.
                  Thanks Rich. It caught me by surprise and thought it best to post. I am still running 1.0.21 and see aprompt for an update. Will that now just take me to 1.0.22?
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

If you did update and your Z-NET is not connecting, use find.homeseer.com to find your unit and click on the link. Now change the URL on that page by replacing /Net.php to /Emergency.php and then click the update button. This will restore the unit to the .22 update.

Just FYI - for me, when I got the .23 update I couldn't get to the web interface either, so couldn't get to the Emergency.php... Didn't see any obvious way to back out.

I have a new Z-NET at .17, is it safe for me to click the upgrade button now?

Jason

Comment

It should be; there is no difference (except for the version number) between the current znetv2 1.0.22 and the previous 1.0.21 from 8/30/2016.

Comment

I ran it on a .17 unit and it updated ok, so you should be safe.
                        If you have a unit that is not displaying the web page and you can SSH to it, do that and then run the update.sh script in /var/www/Main.

Originally posted by JasonJoel View Post
                        Just FYI - for me, when I got the .23 update I couldn't get to the web interface either, so couldn't get to the Emergency.php... Didn't see any obvious way to back out.

I have a new Z-NET at .17, is it safe for me to click the upgrade button now?

Jason

Comment

So how are we recovering from this? I updated this morning and now I can SSH into it, but the web service isn't running and my linux skills are not great enough to poke around to recover.

Edit:

Rich running the update script from SSH worked. For those that need extra instructions, go to the /var/www/Main folder and run the command sudo /.Update.sh (mind the capital letters).
                          Last edited by waynehead99; November 5, 2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

The silver lining is that all the zwave specific stuff is stored in the zwave chip on the daughter card. The rpi only serves as a conduit to this from the net. So if you have a backup SD card, that would be your fastest route. It won't affect your configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                              The silver lining is that all the zwave specific stuff is stored in the zwave chip on the daughter card. The rpi only serves as a conduit to this from the net. So if you have a backup SD card, that would be your fastest route. It won't affect your configuration.
                              Thank you, this is good to know info. I am back up and running again. Teach me to update to things without looking at release notes again...

Comment

Working...
                              X