Error message - should I be concerned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message - should I be concerned?

I've been porting my HS2 to HS3 and have been trying to re-write some of the events to work properly.

At the moment I'm trying to change an ISY state variable value from the HS3 plugin.

If I try to use the ISY ISYInsteon Device Actions I get an error message that says 'Error calling the plug-in to get the Action UI: An entry with the same key already exists'. So that choice is out.

I tried using the standard device-action with the variable as a homeseer device but there's no way to change the value. I thought maybe the devicestring got passed as text but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any help would be appreciated.

mark

Originally posted by MarkJames View Post
    I've been porting my HS2 to HS3 and have been trying to re-write some of the events to work properly.

At the moment I'm trying to change an ISY state variable value from the HS3 plugin.

If I try to use the ISY ISYInsteon Device Actions I get an error message that says 'Error calling the plug-in to get the Action UI: An entry with the same key already exists'. So that choice is out.

I tried using the standard device-action with the variable as a homeseer device but there's no way to change the value. I thought maybe the devicestring got passed as text but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Any help would be appreciated.

mark
    Both of those methods should work. I have an idea of what might be wrong with the first. I fixed a similar bug with events and may have to apply a similar fix for device actions.

I'll have to look at why the standard device control isn't working for variables.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Thanks Bob,

The 'Error calling the plugin the get the action UI' error when trying to use 'ISY Insteon Device Actions' is across all events for me - I can't use it at all. Could that be a glitch in my install? Or is that on your end?

mark

Comment

Mark,

I think it's my end, but I'll check it out. I believe it is because I used a HS value that I thought was unique but isn't, and thus try to add multiple entries into the HS database with the same key value.
        --
        Bob Paauwe
        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Thanks - I'll go on to other things till you have the time to sort it out.

Many thanks.

mark

Comment

Well... I haven't found anything yet.

It looks like the standard HS device control can't handle a device where the only control is a text box. I tried a few things but no change there.

I've gone over my code for the ISY Device Control actions and can't find anything that looks wrong. I'm also not seeing any errors when using it. So I've added some additional debugging for this area. I'll upload a new version with this soon. With the new version, turn on developer mode (a checkbox on the manage plug-ins page) and it will open a console window and display the info there. Capture that along with the steps you're doing to see get the error and post here. I'm hoping that will help me figure out what's going on.
            --
            Bob Paauwe
            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

will do

Comment

FYI - I noticed something else this evening.

I had HS3 running with your plugin active and was working in ISY. I deleted a few programs that I wasn't using anymore from the ISY interface. That caused your plugin to crash as the handles those programs were using were lost.

I was able to stop the plugin and start it again but it didn't come up normally - instead it came up saying 'loaded remotely'

This may be unavoidable but I thought I'd pass it on.

Cheers!

mark

Comment

FYI - I noticed something else this evening.

I had HS3 running with your plugin active and was working in ISY. I deleted a few programs that I wasn't using anymore from the ISY interface. That caused your plugin to crash as the handles those programs were using were lost.

I was able to stop the plugin and start it again but it didn't come up normally - instead it came up saying 'loaded remotely'

This may be unavoidable but I thought I'd pass it on.

Cheers!

mark
                  I'm not sure what the loaded remotely means, that sounds like it thinks the plug-in was running on a different machine.

I've uploaded a new version that should help with the program adds/deletes. I don't know when I messed that up, but it was doing a lot of unnecessary things when program changes where saved and it would take quite a while to do the processing. If you did multiple saves within a short period, it could certainly have caused problems.

I also added debug messages around the event action interface. So if you turn on developer mode and try creating an event to set a variable and let me know what you get, I'll look into that.
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Thanks - I'll install the update this evening and let you know.

Another thing I might mention is that any changes made to ISY - whether it's programs or variables - will require a stop/restart of the plugin.

If you, for instance, go in and edit a program or delete a program in the ISY admin console none of the ISYInsteon calls will work anymore. At least that's the case for me.

I'm not really sure why that should be as the ISY maintains its identifiers regardless of saves/changes. I've written a large webpage that interfaces through the REST interface with the ISY and changes don't matter to that at all. You may be interfacing differently, though.

mark

Comment

okee doke - I installed your newest version. I like the 'initializing' message in the status window!

I went into events
                      created a new event
                      made it manually triggered
                      tried to add an isy insteon device action
                      got the error

Here's the log

ActionCount called
                      ActionCount called
                      ActionName called for 1
                      ActionCount called
                      ActionCount called
                      ActionName called for 1
                      ActionCount called
                      ActionCount called
                      ActionName called for 1
                      ActionFromData called with null/empty data.
                      ActionConfigured returning action False
                      ActionCount called
                      ActionCount called
                      ActionName called for 1
                      ActionBuildUI called for action 1

Hope that helps!

mark

Comment

okee doke - I installed your newest version. I like the 'initializing' message in the status window!

Here's the log

Hope that helps!

mark
                        Not as much as I'd hoped. The log matches mine except that I have two more lines at the end with some additional data. So I made some changes in the ActionBuildUI function to see if we can get a bit more data.

If you wouldn't mind, can you grab the HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe file from my webserver and drop it in. http://www.bobshome.net/homeseer/HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe

Stop the plug-in, copy this file to your program files/homeseer 3 directory over the existing one, restart the plug-in and do the same test again.

What should happen is that as soon as you select ISY Device Actions it dumps something that starts with "RETURN:" in the log. The correct output would be a bunch of javascript that includes a dropdown box with all your devices listed. Something like this:
                        Code:
                             uid = '_192_A0'
                             UID = 4090
                             evRef = 192
                        RETURN: Control:
                        <!-- jqDropList DevList_192_A0_ID598385-->
                        If it has something different, post it here.

With version 3.0.0.35 you should be able to edit programs without having to restart the plug-in. With the prior versions it would get so busy trying to handle the update, that everything else would be delayed until it was done. It could take many minutes to recover from one saved change on the ISY. Now it should just take a couple of seconds.

Dealing with program changes in the plug-in is a bit complicated as the ISY only notifies the plugin that something changed, not what changed. The plug-in has to query for all programs and figure out what changed every time you hit save in the admin console. I had that process screwed up and it was taking way too long.

Variables are handled differently so shouldn't have the same problem, but I'll take a look at that now.
                        --
                        Bob Paauwe
                        ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

K - so this is what I get

ActionName called for 1
                          ActionConfigured returning action False
                          ActionCount called
                          ActionCount called
                          ActionName called for 1
                          ActionFromData called with null/empty data
                          uid='_6637_A0'
                          UID=6644
                          evRef = 6637

Mark

Comment

K - so this is what I get

evRef = 6637

Mark
                            Nothing after that? Ok, I think the plug-in is crashing while trying to generate the javascript. I just copied a new version to my web site with some changes around the only place I think it could fail.

http://www.bobshome.net/homeseer/HSPI_ISYInsteon.exe

Let's see if this fixes it or at least adds another line or two of output.

Thanks for your patience trying to resolve this!
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                              Thanks for your patience trying to resolve this!
                              Not at all - I appreciate all your effort!

Thjis is what I get now

ActionName called for 1
                              uid="6637_A0'
                              UID=5373
                              evRef=6637
                              - Build device list

mark

Comment

Working...
                              X