Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Home Energy Meter ZW095

I could use some guidance....

I just installed this ZW095 Energy Meter on one of the panels.

I can't seem to figure out why many of the Node children are showing Zero value....... i.e. Amperes, Volts etc.

The documentation is very limited....Anyone have this working?

Click image for larger version

Name:	kw.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1211620

Devoir

I just installed one of these a few weeks ago. It is currently working in my setup. I will post some screen shots when I get home.

Just an FYI, the directions are not real clear, at least the screens shots that I saw were somewhat inconsistent. For the clamps, could you make out the K->L lettering? The L stands for load and make sure you put the clamps on the way power is flowing concerning the arrow. I could barely see the indicators on my clamps, so I took a black magic marker and ran it over them. The symbols are more visible out now.

Once the unit was installed I did a light optimize several times, then a full and the unit worked well.

Do you have this user guide, see https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...en5-user-guide-
    Billy

Comment

Billy,

Thank for the document. I have it and followed it for the installation however I can't get energy readings in a few of the buckets...

I will try optimize

Devoir

Comment

Have you tried running a rescan of the device?

Ok, I think I may know what is wrong, click on the root node for the device, then click on the Z-wave tab. You may need to turn on the data values that you want to send, see the attached picture.

Name:	z-wave.jpg
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1193160

Hope this helps.
        Billy

Comment

Aeotech Home ENergy Meter Settings

bdraper,

Excellent support the picture was worth the 1000 words.... This was the step I was missing

Clicked on the root device
          Clicked on "Audit This Node" tab ;;;; I've never used this screen before.

Name:	setting.jpg
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	1193164

I now have everything showing data

Name:	watts.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	1193163

I appreciate your assistance

Devoir

Comment

Excellent, glad the information was useful.
            Billy

Comment

I am starting with ZW095 and thanks to the forum I got it set up and it seems to be working.
              I don't understand how I should treat readings from two clamps - AMP and WATTS values a slightly different. Should I just use data from one clamp and disregard the second. Or, should I calculate average for each reading?
              As an example, I turned on a small burner of my stove for a few seconds and here is what I got in the log.
              I don't understand the power consumption - does the burner use around 450 Watts or does it use 904 Watts (450 + 454)?
              Hope that someone can clear it for me, thank you.
              ​​​​​

Comment

Here is an attempt to explain(I don't have this unit so I am somewhat guessing at setup):

I assume you have basically a 240 Volt "Feed" coming into your home and a Neutral . The Voltage from one "Feed" to Neutral is 120 Volts and 120 Volts from the other "Feed" to Neutral. These two I assume are Volts1 and Volts2 in your Z-wave device. For most of your home(lights and outlets) they are wired to one phase or the other and are 120Volts. Something like an electric stove or air conditioners are wire directly to the 2 Feeds and run on 240 Volts. The total power, watts, used in your home is the sum of the power used in the two "Feeds" or the sum of the 2 Feed currents times 120 Volts or the sum of Watts1 and Watts2 as you were surmising. Hope I haven't confused!

Comment

Thank you, it makes sense to me - each clump does its job independently and total usage should be a sum of two readings.

My next thought on this was - if stove takes about equal amount of energy from each phase, why do I need to use clamps on both wires. Why wouldn't I just use one clamp for only one wire/phase and then double the KWh reading in a script? This would free up another clamp that I could use for measuring current on a completely different breaker.

I wonder if this would be electrically/magnetically possible to separate clamps like this... or they absolutely have to be connected to one load/both phases....
                  Thanks again

Comment

I assume you are connecting the clamps(for current measurements) to the MAINS that feed all the breakers and hence you would need both clamps on the MAINS to measure total consumption. If you are ONLY measuring the 240 volt stove you could do as you suggest.

Comment

I cant get this device to report any values at all. If i hit rescan it sets the values back to default. Is this an HS4 but I need to report or am I missing something?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ajachierno View Post
                        I cant get this device to report any values at all. If i hit rescan it sets the values back to default. Is this an HS4 but I need to report or am I missing something?
                        Did you ever get this working? I'm having similar issue on HS4.

Comment

FWIW, I have encountered similar issues with the Aeotec meter updating. I found that it works reliably when it's first powered up, so... I put it on a switch and I power cycle it every couple hours and it's worked great for a couple years now in that setup.

Comment

Is your Aeotec an older one or is it a gen5. I have an older one, Gen1 or 2 I think. It works ok for awhile but then stops, which sounds the same as yours. I was thinking they may have improved it over the years and I was thinking of buying a new one. If yours is a Gen5 then this would be a waste of money. I worked with Aeotec a few years ago but no progress was made. I like it when it works but it fails so many times I am thinking of ditching it for another brand.

Comment

Originally posted by bearben25 View Post

Did you ever get this working? I'm having similar issue on HS4.
                              I did I had to reach out to their support team directly, but I got it working. this is how you get it working its a little complex but straight from aeotec:

For Homeseer there are a few settings that you'll need to change to allow this device to work properly on Homeseer HS3:

Pair HEM Gen5 V1.35 using non-secure
                              1. Unpair HEM Gen5
                              2. Re-pair HEM Gen5 using "Non-secure" pairing via Homeseer interface (don't use regular pairing)

---------

Changing Parameter settgs
                              1. Access the root of the HEM Gen5
                              2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Settings.
                              3. Input these parameter settings individually at the bottom:

Parameter 2 [1 byte] = 0 //disable solar
                              Parameter 3 [1 byte] = 0 //disable threshold
                              Parameter 13 [1 byte] = 1 //enable CRC16 encapsulation (Homeseer requires this)
                              Parameter 101 [4 byte] = 1776384 //report all reports on clamp 1 + 2 via group #1
                              Parameter 111 [4 bytte] = 30 //Set the time of report for group #1
                              4. Save this.
                              5. If you are still now getting any readings, move onto the association section below:
                              ---------

Association (steps for is your HEM Gen5 is still not reporting)
                              1. Access the root of the HEM Gen5
                              2. Go to Z-Wave tab -> Association.
                              3. Click on "Update" button
                              4. Click on "X" on Node #1 under "Group 1"
                              5. Now click on "Update" button again.
                              6. Input this into

"Device to be Controlled" -HomeSeer
                              "Destination Endpoint" -(No Endpoint)

7. Now click on "Add Association"

Let me know if this works for you, based on my previous tests, this has worked for most.

Comment

Working...
                              X