www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill

HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill Discussions regarding HomeSeer's Amazon Echo Skill

Old November 20th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Seer Deluxe

"device name" is not responding

For several days our Alexa devices have been acting strange.

When we say "Alexa turn on <device>"

She responds with "<device name> is not responding" and then turns the device on.

We have run Discovery, and we have done a complete COLD restart of everything (overdue anyway as it has been up for MONTHS)

She still is acting weird.

Thoughts ?

PS...when we run discovery, she says she finds -NO- new devices, where she used to say she found 14 devices, ie the same 14 as before.... but this is new... Do I need to Wipe the list from the Alexa app and THEN re-run discovery?
Old November 20th, 2017, 03:23 PM
OverSeer

I would try a "Forget All Devices" in the Alexa app, then discover them again. It wont hurt anything.

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
61 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, HAI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old November 20th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hum, everything is “working” but she still occasionally says “device not responding” which makes me think that the amazon servers are timing out on the return message... or someone is... or is there a message ID that is getting out of sync?

Anyway to tell who is complaining about what before I do anything drastic?
Old November 21st, 2017, 09:39 AM
Super Seer

I had this same problem with my zwave fan switch. I believe my problem was some sort of corruption on the z-troller.

What you are describing was happening to me for months.

I finally tracked it down, found that it was only a few devices that were doing that, all of them z-wave. I cleared my controller a few times, and restored it's settings.

Not sure if that'll help, but at least you know you're not alone.

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.