This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does CAC run when DM is put into Sleep mode

does all the custom action code associated with MSs (ie no-motion action code) and OSs (ie vacant action code) run when DM is put into Sleep mode?

same question for Away mode?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Jim,
    I don't understand "sleep" mode.

the documentation says the plug-in is disabled when i sleep mode. i assume that to mean CAC doesn't run while in sleep mode, but i am seeing the opposite.

here is my scenario, at night time i do the following:

1. set dm to sleep mode
    2. set several lights on to a low dim level (which i expect to stay on until DM is reactivated)

i have all my MSs set to Yes for XAS except one. each MS has a related OS (occ sensor)
    i use Vacant CAC to turn lights off during normal DM operations.

the problem is when my occupancy sensors go vacant again (after being occupied after sleep mode is set), my lights go off. And DM is still in sleep mode.

any thoughts?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I don't use sleep mode, and I don't know how it is supposed to work, but if I did use it I would want CAC to be called. Why not check for sleep mode in your occupancy CAC and not turn off the lights if sleep mode is enabled?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by bdickhaus View Post
        I don't use sleep mode, and I don't know how it is supposed to work, but if I did use it I would want CAC to be called. Why not check for sleep mode in your occupancy CAC and not turn off the lights if sleep mode is enabled?
        Well i did end of checking for sleep mode in my cac. i just thought i didn't need to do this. i thought DM was suppose to be passive when in sleep mode.

why would you want cac to be called in sleep mode, how would that be any different then active mode?

thanks for the response.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Jim,
          I am still looking for the authoratative answer to this issue/question?

is CAC suppose to be disabled when DM is in sleep mode?
          Last edited by mnsandler; August 27, 2008, 09:50 PM.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

bump
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I need to reword the documentation. DooMotion is not really deactivated while in Away Mode. Just the recognition of motion action (which means Motion CAC does not fire) until Away Time minutes elapse. The plug-in moves to Sleep Mode which monitors for the next motion occurrence before acting. The purpose of Sleep Mode is for you to force motion sensors to OFF just after you may have triggered them when trying to go to "sleep" otherwise motion sensors, like X10 sensors, can continue to show ON until the hardware setting or Fail Safe Time has passed.

Occupancy Sensors are not disabled so OS CAC can still run. The intent of these modes is to override the behaviour of hardware motion sensors to show no motion which by definition causes virtual occupancy sensors to show vacancy with all event and CAC executed accordingly. If this is not the desired strategy, then Bill's suggesting about adding a mode check within CAC is appropriate.

HTH,
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

To put this another way, DM's Sleep Mode is not like that of a computer. It is not deactivating the plug-in (documentation is misleading) but overriding motion sensors temporarily. The name comes from my thought of using this mode before going to bed.

From there, the Away Mode concept was developed where it did ignore motion activity (such as when going away) and then move to Sleep Mode to wait for next motion sensor activation. Think of new motion as a trigger to "wake up" DooMotion when in Sleep Mode.
                Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                X