• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec Key Fob Remote Control

Anyone come across this for sale.

Aeotec Key Fob Remote Control

Looks like ti might be pretty handy

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
    HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
    2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
    USB UIRT
    Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
    WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
    HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
    HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
    2GIG Thermostat
    BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
    BLUPS
    UltraLog (SQL2008)
    Jon00 Plugins
    Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
    Global Cache IP2IR
    Foscam FI8918W

Hi Mark, the Key Fob remote control (http://aeotec.com/z-wave-key-fob-remote-control) isn't yet out there for sale. It's currently in usability testing phase.

Comment

Hi Mark, the Key Fob isn't yet for sale anywhere - it's still in beta stages.

Comment

Ok thanks

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
        HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
        2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
        USB UIRT
        Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
        WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
        HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
        HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
        2GIG Thermostat
        BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
        BLUPS
        UltraLog (SQL2008)
        Jon00 Plugins
        Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
        Global Cache IP2IR
        Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Aeotec Keyfob available

Hi,

The keyfob from aeotec is available since some days in europe.

Fred
          Last edited by zener57; September 2, 2012, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Homeseer Update for Aeon KeyFob

I have this keyfob, but currently the only way to control any zwave device with this, is a update of homeseer for recognize this remote control correctly. Because homeseer recognize this remote control like listener...

Please HOMESEER update your software more often, for add new device...

Thanks

Comment

Sending command to keyfob for switching to group mode

Hi,

Message for Homeseer: For use this this keyfob without homeseer it's possible create a script to send "0" after association to the parameter "255" ? The keyfob switch to group mode.

Thanks in advance
              Frederic

Comment

Please Homeseer update for Keyfob...

Comment

Originally posted by zener57 View Post
                  We will support the device once it's Z-Wave certified and we receive an engineering sample from the company.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

+1 on the interest in support for this key fob. I would like to buy few once they are available and supported by HS.

There doesn't seem to be any solution (today) that can be used as key fob with home seer. Trickle star and minimote can control lights etc. but HS doesn't "know" how to listen to those devices.

Even you you control "instant status" device with those, HomeSeer will not know about the change since instant status only reports changes to HS due to manual button pushing. Any change due to z-wave commands is not reported back.

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
                      +1 on the interest in support for this key fob. I would like to buy few once they are available and supported by HS.

There doesn't seem to be any solution (today) that can be used as key fob with home seer. Trickle star and minimote can control lights etc. but HS doesn't "know" how to listen to those devices.

Even you you control "instant status" device with those, HomeSeer will not know about the change since instant status only reports changes to HS due to manual button pushing. Any change due to z-wave commands is not reported back.
                      It is not HomeSeer listening to those devices - HomeSeer can control and listen to the devices fine. It is the type and way that it sends a signal that makes it descrete - that is, pressing any of the buttons by default all send the same signal to HomeSeer so it cannot tell between the different buttons. If it supported the scene class, it would work with HomeSeer today. However, what they did is support a command class where you configure each button for the specific command you want them to send, and HS2 does not support the command class that sets up that command. We will be adding support for that command class and some other new ones in HS3.
                      Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Thanks for the detailed technical explanation Rick. I think I understand this. So basically I can use those w/ HS today. The limitation is that I can only detect that a button was pushed, not WHICH button was pushed.

For tricklestar that should not be a problem - it only has one button (ON/OFF). Minomote is tricky since it supports mutliple "scenes".

If I assign different devices to each key, and those are "instant status" I still won't be able to differentiate which buttong is pressed as I found that 'instant status' is NOT reported when device is controlled thru z-wave command, only when it is controlled manually by pushing the button.

Did I get this right?

Comment

Originally posted by Person View Post
                          If I assign different devices to each key, and those are "instant status" I still won't be able to differentiate which buttong is pressed as I found that 'instant status' is NOT reported when device is controlled thru z-wave command, only when it is controlled manually by pushing the button.
                          What you do with this command that I mentioned is to assign "signals" to each key on the miniMote, not devices. The signal could be the command for "Dim 20%" for one key, and "Dim 40%" for another, thus making the keys appear unique because they are different values. More appropriately, in theory at least since I have not confirmed this, you could assign a key to send Scene 10 On, another for Scene 20 On, and those two scenes would allow the keys to be differentiated. The problem is that by default, they send a simple association command - if key 1 is set to send ON to HomeSeer, and key 2 is set to send ON to HomeSeer, then the signal that arrives at HomeSeer has no information about which key sent it. Likewise, the association command that the miniMote uses does not include information about which key was pressed, but the data in the command is what is used to tell it which key it came from.
                          Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

I bought this Fob too, is there any status update from homeseer???

Comment

Checking in on this thread...

I'm interested to use these keyfobs to control kwikset door locks.
                              HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X