IFTTT service down - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT service down - Fixed!

Is the IFTTT service down? My IFTTT triggers for homeseer stopped working today. I haven't changed anything since they worked yesterday. If I try to create a new receipe using homeseer it says "options unavailable, try reconnecting your Homeseer channel". I've done that, but it still doesn't work. MyHS is working fine for me.

IFTTT down today

I also cannot get triggers to work via IFTTT. It was working yesterday, and have reconnected my account in IFTTT web application and in HS3/dropbox configuration but nothing. Not showing any ofmy HS3 objects in IFTTT recipies.

Help..
    Chris

Comment

I am experiencing the same issue. I tried to remove and readd the HomeSeer channel and the redirect to HomeSeer results in an endless loop. The HomeSeer system won't let me authorize the channel. This feature is critical to my Home automation setup.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

This is a known issue and will be fixed first thing tomorrow. The servers are being upgraded tonight to provide higher performance and higher reliability.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          This is a known issue and will be fixed first thing tomorrow. The servers are being upgraded tonight to provide higher performance and higher reliability.

I am sure we had a similar conversation about two weeks ago about communication of change. That time it was the store.
          In any case why does the service need to go down for more than a few seconds for hardware upgrade? Implement the new hardware then repoint the DNS - done.
          cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
            I am sure we had a similar conversation about two weeks ago about communication of change. That time it was the store.
            In any case why does the service need to go down for more than a few seconds for hardware upgrade? Implement the new hardware then repoint the DNS - done.
            Yea, in a perfect world it would be this easy

Comment

Sorry, you dont need a perfect world for this to be easy.

I'm not saying your upgrade is easy. I'm saying you can setup systems to be upgraded without a lot of downtime. Or use a scalable cloud solution.

Anyway, communition is key when you offer these types of services. Maybe create a Page where we can check the status of your systems? Saves a lot of debugging and annoyance on our side.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by davlarso View Post
                Is the IFTTT service down? My IFTTT triggers for homeseer stopped working today. I haven't changed anything since they worked yesterday. If I try to create a new receipe using homeseer it says "options unavailable, try reconnecting your Homeseer channel". I've done that, but it still doesn't work. MyHS is working fine for me.

No working for me tonight.

Comment

No i think its down...I was beginning to wonder if it was me...have checked the MyHomeSeer service and all seems to working.

Comment

Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
                    No i think its down...I was beginning to wonder if it was me...have checked the MyHomeSeer service and all seems to working.
                    Does anyone know of a way to test if the connector is up or down? I could then have a virtual device reflecting the IFTTT channel status & code a fallback option.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                      The servers are being upgraded tonight to provide higher performance and higher reliability.
                      Wow! Here in Norway the performance increase is very noticeable. The MyHS is almost on par with a direct connection!

Kudos!
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

The server move did break IFTTT, sorry for not doing a better test on it, but we do see the issue and are working on it, I will post when its back up again.

Comment

Thanks for the info...that your working on it.

Shame we can't get the status of the service back into HS and we could code some alternative "emergency logic" or something.

Comment

Well, once we get over this hurdle we will have 2 identical servers in different states and an auto failover that will switch to the alternate server if the primary stops functioning. Just a few more issues to iron out, almost there.

Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
                            Thanks for the info...that your working on it.

Shame we can't get the status of the service back into HS and we could code some alternative "emergency logic" or something.

Comment

This also appears to be affecting The Amazon skill. Alex reports "Sorry, I can't access the HomeSeer Automation Skill skill right now". Can you confirm?

Agreed that an little notice to the community would be appreciated. Unplanned outages are one thing but a planned upgrade would be better if communicated. That being said, building fault tolerance / redundancy will be warmly welcomed.
                              My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Working...
                              X