Trying to create an event with a button exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to create an event with a button exception

Hopefully I can clearly explain my dilemma....

I am trying to create a Homeseer event that is triggered by an outside motion detector. I am able to get this to work, but my only issue is that I have a custom button in HAI that disables the motion detection (Outside Motion Off) and when this button is engaged, I do not want Homeseer to trigger the event. This does not seem to be working because I get the notifications regardless of the button.

I attached an image of the event, would appreciate it if anyone can let me know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Bill
    Attached Files

The problem is that a button in the plugin is a lot like a momentary pushbutton - you press it down to engage, then it comes back up. It doesnt stay engaged. Now, there are a few ways to work around this:

You could create a corresponding flag in the panel and use that value to see if the button is indeed engaged. Just create the flag and import it in the plugin on the Flags tab.

You could also create a HS virtual device that is either ON or OFF depending on the button press. You would just need a couple of events to set the device based on the button press.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
    X